• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

sydmariner

Popovic's Turkish club in disarray as president and board resign

Tony Popovic’s Turkish Super Lig club Karabukspor has been rocked by the resignation of its president and the entire 11 members of the board.

President Hikmet Ferudun Tankut and the entire board have resigned, effective immediately.

An extraordinary general meeting is reportedly scheduled to take place over the next week.

In a statement on Karabukspor’s official website, Tankut confirmed the news.

“I have served as club president for 13 years and a half... I always kept away from the decisions and practices that would harm Karabükspor.

“Today, we resign as the board of directors in order to open the way for Kardemir Karabükspor... which we have worked hard for, in the economic sense."

Popovic, along with his assistants Andres Carrasco and Zeljko Kalac, joined the Turkish club from Western Sydney Wanderers on the eve of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season.

They won his first game in charge, a 1-0 victory over Kayserispor on October 14.

The ACL winner also guided his new club to a 3-1 win over Keçiörengücü in the Turkish Cup less than a fortnight ago.

But the struggling outfit have lost three straight league fixtures and are currently sitting equal bottom on the Super Lig table.:vhappy:

Big Al

Ante Milicic has been named under 23 Aussie coach. That's why was at our game on Thursday I'd suggest

VicMariner

What a goal by Sam Kerr! :eek:

Over the last 12 months Sam has been one of the best Aussie footballers I have seen. Barr none.

JoyfulPenguin

Tom Heward-Belle played a full game and Anthony Kalik played until the 61st minute played for Sydney FC in the NYL. While Kane Runge was a an unused substitute for the Newcastle Jets and Jake Adelson played until the 52nd minute. The game finished 1-1 at Lambert Park in the Foxtel National Youth League.

scottmac

Suspended
f**king ridiculous.
To me, the game is bigger than that. The people in charge dont realise it. Will probably be a great round spectator wise though.

Big Al

f**king ridiculous.
To me, the game is bigger than that. The people in charge dont realise it. Will probably be a great round spectator wise though.
I like it. Gets people talking and lets face it there has been no promotion till now.

I’ve been saying the Mariners should have been trying this form of sponsorship.

The only thing for me is I stopped watching Star Wars about 5-10 Year’s ago

VicMariner

I can understand why the FFA do things like this. They are trying to appeal to a wide audience and this is just another way to do it.
But it feels like selling out our game as a cheap marketing gimmick.

The FFA should be concentrating on football people like the Liverpool sell out crowd, the EPL/Serie A/Bundesliga etc, etc watchers, football people who don't follow the HAL. That is where the greatest opportunity lies IMO.
Joe Average just does not give a rats about football....but get ALL football people attending games and the league will be rocking! Big crowds, more buzz around the office cooler... Maybe then others will take an interest in our sport.
These gimmicks just turn football people off.

Tevor

It’s just a sponsor plugging there products just on a bigger scale. I see no problems
Shame it’s an away game, being a big Star Wars fan I wonder if CCM will have a Star Wars t-shirt like City and WSW have. I would buy one.

VicMariner

The biggest thing holding football back in this country is the clowns running it. Has been for years.
Maybe FIFA taking over might not be a bad thing.

How the other codes must laugh at our shambolic administrators.....

Big Al

FFA avoids normalisation committee for now.

FIFA instead will try to lead a continued negotiation to help reach an agreement between all parties

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred