• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia to bid for the Club World Cup

finally retired

Football Australia is putting its hand up for Australia to host the 2009 and 2010 Club World Cup.
A successful bid from the FFA could see the likes of Europe's Manchester United and South America's Boca Juniors bring their stars to Australia, with the champion team of each of the world's football confederations competing. The host association is also given the right to field a team.

Stiff opposition for hosting rights is set to come from current hosts Japan and the United Arab Emirates, when bidding begins. The Club World Cup, which takes place in December each year, has been held in Tokyo for the past four years but FIFA has opened up hosting rights for next year and 2010 to the rest of the world.

Do you support Australia bidding to host the 2009 and 2010 Club World Cup? How many games would you attend? Check out the polls on the right-hand side of the FourFourTwo homepage and have your say!

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/75453,australia-to-bid-for-the-club-world-cup.aspx

it would be awesome to see the champions of each confederation playing in Oz.....

Kareem

personally I would love to see it come here! But Dubai are the logical choice. They love football more there...they have more money...better facilities etc.
Looks like my cousins might get to watch it lol
on that note I am due for a holiday overseas in next couple of years- egypt (mum's family) and dubai (to visit uncle)- why not December 09 or 10???
:D me likes this

~Floss~

almost retired said:
Do you support Australia bidding to host the 2009 and 2010 Club World Cup? How many games would you attend?

I'm not particularly fussed, because.....

almost retired said:
The host association is also given the right to field a team.

We all know this means Sydney.

Omni

I'd definitely be looking at getting to the final of that!

I'm with Dibo - if the FFA field a team it's Premiers or nothing. (I don't think the hosts should have the rights to enter a team anyway)

Jesus

Jesus
Omni said:
I'd definitely be looking at getting to the final of that!

I'm with Dibo - if the FFA field a team it's Premiers or nothing. (I don't think the hosts should have the rights to enter a team anyway)

The hosts team plays off against the oceania rep to enter the tournament.
Would be the winner of the league or championship, as it is for japan.
That said, papers seemed to suggest the bid was for sydney, rather than australia.
Ofcourse maybe they just have already sorted out breeze and shields match payments for the coming year.

Jesus

Jesus
If it is in sydney, there would be a chance one of the smaller matches would be played at bluey i think. Eg, asian champions vs african champions.

Omni

I doubt it though, They'd play the big ones at Stadium Australia and the smaller ones at the SFS. In this tournament they're probably all big ones though, except that stupid host V Oceania play off.

Omni

I'm aware I'm insane.

I just have an issue with teams that don't deserve to qualify being given a special exemption (like Liverpool in the champions league that one time), I can see the reasoning behind it but I'm just not a fan of it. I'd go to see a club world championship match anyway, and I somehow don't think you'll get the bandwagonners on to see Sydney FC V Auckland City.

Jesus

Jesus
Omni said:
I'm aware I'm insane.

I just have an issue with teams that don't deserve to qualify being given a special exemption (like Liverpool in the champions league that one time), I can see the reasoning behind it but I'm just not a fan of it. I'd go to see a club world championship match anyway, and I somehow don't think you'll get the bandwagonners on to see Sydney FC V Auckland City.

Agree on the liverpool situation. But this situation is more comparable to south africa not automatically qualifying for the world cup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred