• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup

Tevor

I’m watching Refs v Roar, both have very inexperienced back lines and look very shaky in defence.

JoyfulPenguin

Watched the Bulls and Phoenix. Dual 10s of Davilla and De Silva will be hard to stop. Carter looked very dangerous. Feel like the Bulls could be carved up by better teams. They might be better balanced once Ugarkovic is in midfield as well.

Both sides looked shaky defensively though and Wellington were honestly the better side for most of it. The Nix just lacked a cutting edge. Kraev looked decent and Sasse looks quick. Pennington was woeful for the Phoenix. Could have easily been a reversed scoreline, credit to Macarthur for making their chances count though.

samster

Watched the Bulls and Phoenix. Dual 10s of Davilla and De Silva will be hard to stop. Carter looked very dangerous. Feel like the Bulls could be carved up by better teams. They might be better balanced once Ugarkovic is in midfield as well.

Both sides looked shaky defensively though and Wellington were honestly the better side for most of it. The Nix just lacked a cutting edge. Kraev looked decent and Sasse looks quick. Pennington was woeful for the Phoenix. Could have easily been a reversed scoreline, credit to Macarthur for making their chances count though.
I think Macathur will win some games this season purely off the attacking talent they have. But I also think they will get found out defensively and the lack of an experienced coach will hurt them against sides that can dull their attack

Tevor

I think Macathur will win some games this season purely off the attacking talent they have. But I also think they will get found out defensively and the lack of an experienced coach will hurt them against sides that can dull their attack
DDS never plays a full season as he always suffers an injury. It is an interesting one for sure and how Dwight will go. I think he will be OK at winning over the change room however agree he may be tactically found out at times by the top teams. They have always had a good team on paper just a rubbish manager with no personality. I'd be surprised if they were not challenging for finals this season if Dwight can keep them all happy. Nix will be decent again as Talay is a good manager and will have them very structured again this season.

Tevor

Not that you can read much into Cup games however both Roar and Reds looked defensively suspect as well. Roar didn't have Aldred playing last night and the Reds will miss the Great Dane and Popovic who looked great at the end of last season didn't look so solid without an experienced CB next to him.

I was only thinking that if Kaltak and Kelechi work out our defence may not be all that bad this season.

Tevor

Did anyone see the U14's keeper on the Cannons bench last night. There was something like 8 injured keepers in the club and he was the next available. A great cup moment, perhaps if they had a 2 goal lead they could have subbed him on for a minute or two. It would be a record held for a long time for the youngest player in the Aust Cup.

Rising Sun

Did anyone see the U14's keeper on the Cannons bench last night. There was something like 8 injured keepers in the club and he was the next available. A great cup moment, perhaps if they had a 2 goal lead they could have subbed him on for a minute or two. It would be a record held for a long time for the youngest player in the Aust Cup.
They only got dispensation to sign Lewis Italiano on the day of the game - if that hadn't been sorted then the 14 year old would have been on from the start

sydmariner

Drew

Update: there is no update

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member