• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AU - Match

Atomic

A couple of quick comments from my perspective. Zac Anderson.... Great game! How good is this guy in the air?! Almost unbeatable. Reminds me of Dutchy and my all-time favourite, Jedi.
Monty was my MoM... it was close, but the effort he put in in the heat was impressive. He's solid, dependable and a leader. Deserved the goal today.
Bernie and Pedj worked well down the flank in the first half until they approached the box. FFS... Bernie's final touch... he just doesn't know what to do. It's like he has half a touch too many. Having said that, his strength in the ball has improved out of sight. The work he did in the lead up to Rose's goal was great. Muscled two Utd guys off the ball.
WeeMac... another great game as did McBreen. Boy, that guy has got a big ticker. Pelle... far to slow, got skinned a couple of times.

A great cameo from the thin white Duke!

Monty 3 pts
Ando 2 pts
Pedj (just shading WeeMac & Macca) 1 pt.

COYY!!! WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Reactions: adz

Wombat

Well I enjoyed this game a lot more than last weeks effort.

Even though the crowd was small the atmosphere was great and the 50 or so hard core supporters in bay 16 were great. I'm in my 40's and a great embarrassment to my kids at the best of times, so it's probs not right that I sing with the kids...but f**k me....if you are aged 14 to 35 and a dead set coastie....grow some balls and stand and sing with these boys...they are awesome and if another 50 of you fence-sitters Man up they will be a fantastic support crew.

Onto the game.

Pasfield 6. He is a funny keeper. Keep in on the ground and into the corner and he is f**king hopeless...off the ground he is a brilliant shot stopper. Did ok but still questionable.
Pedj 7. Solid. Tackled himself a couple of times as usual and a couple of abysmal crosses but still pretty bloody good. On current form or best defender.
Rose 6.5. Cracking goal is all I want to say....and Im tipping the start of a brilliant run of form. Looked to be playing in the mids at times but hard to tell with our strange team set up.
Tesco 6.5 a couple of great covering tackles but sloppy passing at times. I don't like him alongside Zac as both are too loose. His two hinging runs were brilliant and something Wilko would never do. A goal is just around the corner.
Zac 6.5. For mine it was a mistake to start him instead of Dutchy and the week Adelaide goal was proof of that. He is decent but I find him too loose and prone to pointing at the player he should be picking up rather than actually doing him job.
No where near Dutchy's class. Just coz he is big and blond doesn't make him a good player peoples!
Nice reward Arnie but don't be a Plum in future.
WeeMac 7. Mixed bag. I think the heat blunted him a little.
Hutcho 6. Lucky those photos he had of Lawrie, included Arnie as well! Not worthy of a starting berth although a functional member of the squad.
Monty 7.5. Good game. Drove forward more than any game so far this year. Some of his passing was excellent and what a great goal. Superb signing for the club. Only blemish is he will give you the ball no matter how much pressure you are under so if you have a poor first touch, you better switch on.
Olly 7.5. Played out of his skin for first 15mins and showed us what we had lacked but faded after that. Should be in the starting 11.
Bernie 6.5. His tackling has improved out of sight. Flawed but still a handful for any side. I prefer him to Sterj so far.
McBreen 7. Brilliant and typically intelligent ball to set up Rose for our opener. Should have shown more killer instinct in the box.

Subs

Pelle 7. Didn't mind him tonight.
Duke 7.5. Made the winner with his tenacity. Love him as supersub.

Reactions: adz

Gratis

The Red's goal was their only only real dangerous moment and that was a combination of great execution and sloppy tracking. With the fire-power AU have Arnie and the boys should be very happy with their defensive display. Combined with the fact that we could/should have put a have dozen goals aways last night (and I suspect the heat was a factor in the final un-clinical touches) it shows what a superb team we really have across the board.
Arnie is the first to admit that they're not the finished product, you'd think maybe at the 70 - 75% mark at the moment, meaning there is plenty of room for improvement and I expect we'll be seeing that improvement over the season.
Great game considering the heat and room left for improvement - future's looking very very bright!

true believer

A great cameo from the thin white Duke!

videodefault.jpg

FFC Mariner

Apart from the obvious (Passfield), I thought we coped with the losses quite well.

Wee Mac at number 10 was good but someone put poor Bernie out of his misery and stop playing him wide. He is lost out there and it's clear his confidence is gone.

Thought young Tesco had a shocker compared to last week (it's all relative). Thin White Duke added some mongrel when he came on and we were worth the 3 points.

Massive game next week

true believer

i gather were still without matty and tommy next week.
on the plus side griffihs has 5 yellows and won't be playing.
as well as sterjo being fit.

Mumbles

I wouldn't say it's the best game I've seen. Rojic was missed up front as creativity was lacking. Considering the heat, the boys did very well to finish in front. Many glimpses of quality football from the boys but not consistently throughout the game. Once again, the heat didn't help. I can see why Arnie cuts his hair so short. That's so he doesn't pull it out.

Bernie! The boy has a big future but is incredibly frustrating to watch at the moment. He needs to learn to pass the ball, gain 10kg's, take a teaspoon of concrete and harden the f??k up. I lost count of the number of times he made good runs and held on too long before losing the ball. He's become too predictable and Adelaide just sent 2 or 3 players in to pinch the ball. If they though he might offload they'd sit back and send one player in to force a move. Love the kid but he needs to change his game before Duke shows him up and he becomes a bench warmer.

Sitting behind Arnie you could see the disappointment on his face with the crowd numbers for such a big game.

Good result

Reactions: T

midfielder

IMO very few negatives out of the game.... maybe shots on goal could have been 20 meters closer at times... however the chances we made OMG ... weeMac one on one.. Olly what can you say on his two shots ... Berrine almost brought rain...

The side is still getting used to the formation... the 3-3-3-1 we play in attack... the 4-2-3-1 we play in defence ... and at times we switch to our old diamond in attack and defence... and at times attack with the 4-2-3-1 .... and defend 4-4-2 .. its the calls from the back on who to track and how the attack is coming... but the variation is opening up sides...

Wonder aloud out of 10 what GA gives the side .... I am loving it ...

BaysideMariner

Last year we had trouble adapting to other teams game plans because we only had one dimension. While I was sceptical about the new formation it is now starting to pay dividends because the team is more flexible. I think that Arnie was brave enough to change a winning formula. Well done to him.

tsd

with the formation change, the diamond was perfect against all the aleague teams apart from roar. I think 2 DM business came about to make us more competitive in the ACL and as a direct answer to roars passing game.

Roy Law

Rojas? Nah, whoever you play against you should never fear the opposition you should believe in your team and play your own game. And we are certainly good enough to have that belief.

Wombat

Rojas looked like an overrated mug last season....this year he is the best player in the comp so far.

However, he is young and skinny and if sure a good kicking from Dutchy, Pedj and Monty could make him retreat into his shell a little when we play them next.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred