• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ARU, NRL give FFA the proverbial two-fingers over ANZ surface....

serious14

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/din...073054983.html

WALLABIES coach Robbie Deans and NRL club bosses have placed Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek in a proverbial dutch oven over his slamming of the ANZ Stadium surface and claims his team must be treated as the most valuable commodity in Australian sport. The Dutchman was tres miffed that two league matches were played in the space of two days ahead of last night's World Cup qualifier against China. "Only one thing is important - that we qualify for the World Cup," Verbeek reckoned. Oh reaaaally? "We are more than happy to support them and wish them well," Deans said. "But the world doesn't stop [for the Socceroos]. We all keep pursuing our own dreams." And this from South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson. "It didn't seem to help the Netherlands," he said in reference to Holland's 3-1 loss to Russia in the Euro 2008 quarter-final. "If Pim wants the perfect tabletop pitch he can have a stadium built for the four matches they play here a year. They play the Super League grand final at Old Trafford and Manchester United don't whinge about it. Get over it." And this from Bulldogs boss Todd Greenberg: "The FFA knew full well that three NRL games were being played over four days. I've got a few things on my to-do list at the moment. Looking after the Socceroos isn't one of them." And, finally, this from Dragons chief executive Peter Doust, who revealed stadium officials approached him the day before Friday night's match against Penrith about moving the fixture - but heard nothing more from them. "It's a bit rich to be calling on rugby league to move games. We're a hirer of the venue like everyone else," he said.

i).  Shane Richardson, check your facts.  Sir Fergie complains every year, WITHOUT FAIL, about the state of the Old Trafford pitch after the Super League tears it up.

ii).  The projected crowd for the Wallabies test against France (50 000-ish), plus the two crowds for the NRL games played there on the weekend equals 68 000 or so.  Still short of what one football game managed to bring in.  Methinks a money spinner like that should have more of a say, no??

iii).  We have FIFA rules and standards about this sort of thing to live up to.  I honestly don't know how that pitch passed a FIFA inspection - Frank paid off someone......

iv).  I'm being childish here, but when Football rules the country in 20 or so years time, let's see if we're so generous in hiring out our stadiums to others, or if we're so pleasant in listening to their complaints.  Can't wait to hear the wailing then.

v).  Kinda sounds like sour grapes from the other codes to be honest...... I just love how Pim has the balls to tell it how it is.  Qualifying for the World Cup is so much more important than anything the other codes have to offer.  Not just for the country as a whole, but for the growth of football (biggest sport in the world - duh) and the requisite commercial opportunities blah blah blah.  Bundee Mundee Footy with the Tigers against who-the-hell ever doesn't mean f*ck all in the long run.  :fireup:

vi).  We'll all see how important these sorts of things are come the 2022 World Cup that we host and the stadiums are football's and football's alone for 6 weeks.

Pretty sure I could come up with some more, but it's 2.23am.  :thumbup:

Bear

serious14 said:
Qualifying for the World Cup is so much more important than anything the other codes have to offer.

Umm, forgive me, but it seems to me that this is not the case, according to the people you have quoted in the story, and that is the whole reason for the story....

scottmac

Suspended
Bearinator said:
serious14 said:
Qualifying for the World Cup is so much more important than anything the other codes have to offer.

Umm, forgive me, but it seems to me that this is not the case, according to the people you have quoted in the story, and that is the whole reason for the story....

Maybe the title should be "Robbie Deans and NRL bosses live in denial"

bjw

bjw
vii) More people to a C-grade Australian game then to State of Origin, the supposed 'holy-grail'  'biggest day of the rugby league calander'..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred