• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnold Out

FFC Mariner

Another FA masterstroke believing his bullshit.
Boring, inflexible coach who is only successful when he has more $ and better players than anyone else.
Complete fraud.
Staj is worth 10 of him

booney

So why was he successful at CCM where there was not a lot of money and while we had good players the squad on paper was not as good as Victory.Sydney or Roar?However he has picked players in this WC qualifying series which are past their best eg Grant,Duke ,Irvine.

Staj did very well early on with the Matildas and he certainly gave a boost to our club but nah is not in the same league as GA.

marinermick

Our Socceroo performances stem from far deeper issues than the head coach. The reasons are complex and numerous and I believe many of them can’t be fixed. To dump all these bad performances solely on Arnold is unfair. He is with blame but not totally at blame.

In saying this, a circuit breaker is needed. He needs to go and replaced by Bielsa.

Ironbark

Our Socceroo performances stem from far deeper issues than the head coach. The reasons are complex and numerous and I believe many of them can’t be fixed. To dump all these bad performances solely on Arnold is unfair. He is with blame but not totally at blame.

In saying this, a circuit breaker is needed. He needs to go and replaced by Bielsa.
This. Ange quit for many of these reasons too.

Last edited:

booney

Even our Golden Generation struggled in qualifying games( while in Oceania excepted) after we joined the Asian federation.The Arnie haters are having a ball but as marinermick pointed out there are many issues in our football set up which underpin the decline of the Socceroos but that would need a whole thread to itself.

turbo

The favorites and subs have been clear and hard to forgive. Grant isn't our best RB, Redmayne isn't the best option for 3rd choice, Duke shouldnt have had as much time as he's had. Won that streak against the minnows but didnt integrate the fresh blood well enough while he could.

Staj did very well early on with the Matildas and he certainly gave a boost to our club but nah is not in the same league as GA.
The FA will never give Staj an inch after being hauled over coals by the public following his dismissal. Too many egos for that. Not to mention why would Staj want the job just to be screwed again? They didnt respect him enough to tackle the hard issues in the squad. We need a respected foreigner who FA will listen to.

FFC Mariner

So why was he successful at CCM where there was not a lot of money and while we had good players the squad on paper was not as good as Victory.Sydney or Roar?However he has picked players in this WC qualifying series which are past their best eg Grant,Duke ,Irvine.

He bankrupted the club to build that squad. We didn't have any actual money, we just spent like we did.

true believer

wow but he wouldn't be cheap . i also believe the current ffa needs removal .

pjennings

Agree totally - except for the conclusion. Arnie may well need to go - but to get rid of him means that the FA will say they have addressed all the issues while using Arnie as a scapegoat and will be able to ignore the rest.

Last edited:

turbo

Arnold staying for the play offs.

booney

We all supported the Mariners( or most of us did) through those dark years with shit coaches and lots of shit players so why not support the Socceroos and Arnie for these games ( I am an optimist ).If we crash out he is definitely gone but if we do win through to the finals does he remain in charge or does the FA ditch him.I would think if that unlikely thing occurs he will be there.

turbo

We all supported the Mariners( or most of us did) through those dark years with shit coaches and lots of shit players so why not support the Socceroos and Arnie for these games ( I am an optimist ).If we crash out he is definitely gone but if we do win through to the finals does he remain in charge or does the FA ditch him.I would think if that unlikely thing occurs he will be there.
If he manages to get us there I can't see FA firing him. But that is a big if and will require a huge shift from what we've seen to date.

FFC Mariner

The venom from dyed in the wool socceroos fans towards Arnold is vry real. They remember his 1st stint. Its only his media mates that keep the twunt in a job - I hated the fact that he coached CCM.
That squad runs away with it with Lawrie in charge, he added nothing.

Wombat

Only if you are willing to chant LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS every time the Aussies get a corner.

Wombat

They are gonski. Harry Potter is more realistic than our chances.

Wombat

The venom from dyed in the wool socceroos fans towards Arnold is vry real. They remember his 1st stint. Its only his media mates that keep the twunt in a job - I hated the fact that he coached CCM.
That squad runs away with it with Lawrie in charge, he added nothing.
Lawrie was finished. You death rided Arnie as CCM coach and TBF he made a fool of you Fulham. However he looks like yesterday's man now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami