• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ARNOLD IN!!!

gull

I reckon now's a good time to calm down about these rumours... From the articles I've seen this morning and yesterday, it's all based on the one comment about how he should probably go to a bigger team as obviously the decisions don't go in the direction of the small ones". To me they're missing the second half of that sentence and thus the entire point of the whole thing. I don't think that even remotely looks like a comment on a likely move, but moreso a comment on the FFA and the bad taste left in the mouth after the last two weeks along with an obvious reference to all the relocation speculation.

Later on in the aftermatch interview he went on to say that the small club comment was "tongue in cheek" only.

Kareem

Look Arnold screwed up big time last night...no doubt.
But let's look at what he has done for us.
Let's look at our budget

I'm still saying thank you! I just don't see who we could get that would do better...I think Arnie is perfect for us, and we are perfect for him. I just hope he realises that!

cbowden9000

There's no way people can be wanting Arnie out for one bad game. Seriously the 2 seasons he's had with us have been very successful. I really hope we can keep him.

Wombat

No one wants Arnie to leave.....but we don't want him to mug us either.

Either you are are with us or your not.

We love you Arnie and want you to stay and believe me Sydney is a poisoned chalice....but don't f**k us about and keep your mind on the job please.

Looking forward to some redemption after a welcome break for us all in 2 weeks time.

See you all at Bluetougue and Arnie leading us to our first ever win in ACL.

nero

My Question to you all, is how do we keep this guy as our coach?
IMHO the possibility of losing Arnold at the end of the current season is a lot worse than losing 2 Rogics or 3 Matty Simons.
All this stupid talk of Beckham coming, when what we really should be talking about is resigning Arnold on a big contract for 3 to 5 years. Singo should be saying 'Ill though in half a mill each year to keep him on the book's.
This club has always had a great culture, with a close nit group of players and of course the a no dickheads policy. Arnold has come in and taken it to another level. Last year was a very special year, but this year has already been out of this world.

I don't care how good the system/culture is at this club. Could you a imagine a Frank Farina, coming in and doing even half the job Arnie has. No chance.
Arnold in!!!

Gratis

I've been considering this since we found out wwe'd kept him for the final year of his contract. It appears there's an option to extend a year and he's got the ACL up the sleeve.

Methinks it'll all depend on what's on the table for him. If some decent foreign team comes a-knocking we might not have the money or lure required regardless. If only mediocre offers come his way I believe the club now will front the money to keep him and combined with the relationship between club and Arnie he'd stay for a bit longer. At least until he feels he can't achieve any more with us.

And agreed - he's worth more than any of our players

Roy Law

Arnie has unfinished business in the ACL, with the Mariners he has a chance of achieving something significant, esp as qualification for ACL just became that much harder. He certainly won't get the chance any time soon with Sydney but...as he often points out to the younger players there is big dollars overseas so if an offer came from overseas he might be tempted. Agree that Singo, or anyone, should be paying to lock him in.

Wombat

Yep....lock him in.

We ain't overly pretty but we sure are well coached.

When you consider we lost Simon, Griffiths and Wilko and you look at the spirit within the team.....fantastic management of our resources. Arnie is closing in on Ange as the best coach in Australia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred