• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ARNOLD IN!!!

Forum Phoenix

Arnie,

You should stay. Even despite "small clubs not getting decisions" love it.

Here is why,

This is a quote, one of many, from an SFC supporter on 442, where GA is still mercilessly and consistently bagged no matter how genuine or accurate his comments, let alone his achievements.

"Bowden is about the only person in the country that likes the bloke. Good lord I hope he never comes near our club. Small time mind, for a small town club. Keep him Mariners, please."

One of the Sydney faithful right there Arnie. Stay well away form that viper pit and where you are loved and appreciated on the beautiful Central Coast.

BaysideMariner

:goodpost:
Arnie,

Here is why,

This is a quote, one of many, from an SFC supporter on 442, where GA is still mercilessly and consistently bagged no matter how genuine or accurate his comments, let alone his achievements.

"Bowden is about the only person in the country that likes the bloke. Good lord I hope he never comes near our club. Small time mind, for a small town club. Keep him Mariners, please."

One of the Sydney faithful right there Arnie. Stay well away form that viper pit and where you are loved and appreciated on the beautiful Central Coast.
:goodpost:

elevated position

If he leaves it will be for more money and for someone to attempt to buy him a title.
His leaving mid contract is the same as players leaving to better their careers and finacial position, and he complained about that?

Gratis

the name of this thread had me excited for a moment...such news would provide much salve

elevated position

Arnie,

Here is why,

promdi442

Dont think Arnie is going to Sydney But with the rumour of Ange going to Melbourne does that open the way for Arnie to look at Roar?
I hope not as he has done a great job here on the Central Coast and he still has that challenge of the Grand Final and Asia to conquer for the Mariners. Get this Russian deal stitched up bring in the players the team needs to go the extra yard and let's get it done

true believer

arnold is a light years better coach than we'll get in the forseeable future.
for him to stay it requires more money .mostly for players .so he can take us a step forward.
we need speed at number 10 rogic is too slow .i see him as a holding striker only.
i think we also need a carlos hernandez type player for our set piece plays

Bladesman

I actually don't think Arnie would go for the money more for the ambition. As a coach he wants to win a title like any coach, he took on the challenge with us and within a very limited budget put together a premiership winning team. I think any coach understands you might not have $ to spend on big names but getting your squad sold out from under you mid-season even if it is to keep the club afloat is the problem. You can't keep battling against that, if we had not sold mid-season I do not think there would be any issue with Arnie staying as he has shown he is willing to and has developed players but we can't develop the number needed instantly.

Problem is a CCM he knows he now has to invest and unless we get something sorted out (I have seriously voiced my doubts about any of the so called saviours before) then what is there for him to stay for. At Sydney I think he could be fairly confident he would have some decent $ to invest and with the Jest and Fold Coast gone there are some good players on the market but would be just about guaranteed his team would be decimated in the mid-season transfer window.

Roy Law

I want Arnie to stay; if he goes I would understand and wish him well.He will never have another club or supporters that give him the support that this club does. If he goes we will survive and we will still give the so-called big clubs a run for their money. BTW - the Jets are still with us.

Gratis

Well looks like Arnie won't be nabbed by Western Syd at least, and good news for McKinna (if this is true)...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/former-central-coast-manager-lawrie-mckinna-set-to-be-named-coach-of-new-a-league-franchise-in-western-sydney/story-e6frf4gl-1226327224685
"The A-League's newest team is slowly taking shape with former Central Coast Mariners boss Lawrie McKinna a likely choice as the inaugural coach of Western Sydney.

McKinna knows exactly what it takes to lead a club from scratch - he was the foundation coach at the Mariners, leading them to a grand final appearance in their first season.

The 50-year old has been coaching in China since March 2011, but a fall-out with two clubs has opened the door for his appointment with Western Sydney.

McKinna’s assistant will be former Newcastle Jets number two Mark Jones.

Jones was the assistant coach at the Jets from 2006-10, helping Gary Van Egmond win the A-League title in 2008.

Fox Sports also understands current A-League boss Lyall Gorman could leave his post and take over as CEO of Western Sydney.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Ken Schembri, General Manager of Blacktown City FC, will join the new team as Football Manager."

nebakke

I reckon now's a good time to calm down about these rumours... From the articles I've seen this morning and yesterday, it's all based on the one comment about how he should probably go to a bigger team as obviously the decisions don't go in the direction of the small ones". To me they're missing the second half of that sentence and thus the entire point of the whole thing. I don't think that even remotely looks like a comment on a likely move, but moreso a comment on the FFA and the bad taste left in the mouth after the last two weeks along with an obvious reference to all the relocation speculation.

No, he probably couldn't be blamed for wanting to move, considering the financial situation etc.

Much as he's been awesome though, I don't think the culture around the team gets enough credit either though.
Arnie tries his best to point it out in interviews, but the coach thing is so much sexier. I'm not saying Arnie != Legend (to paraphrase 442 fans) but I don't see a guarantee that he'd do the same at Sydney... They seem to dislike each other more down there ;)

On the Brisbane thing though, I'm not sure which I'd consider the bigger betrayal... Brisbane or Sydney... I'd happily see him in any other team (ignoring the one obvious one that shan't be named) ;) , good luck to him, just not any of them...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred