• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Armageddon Thread

true believer

Further to this yesterday the modelling includes indoor mask wearing for everyone except in when you are alone in your own home.

Even then they say that we will be in lockdowns (equivalent to stage 4 Vic) in outbreaks around 30% of the time.

We are not hearing any of this in the MSM. My guess is that there will be an federal election called when we get to roughly 60% double vaxxed nationally (mid Oct) for an election mid November before we get to 80% nationally.

Any later and the truth that these lockdowns will still occur will not go down well. If they leave it to next year we will have 2 quarters of negative growth in Q3 and Q4 this year.

Labor will not want to expose this as it will be too easy to be painted as wanting to shut down. They will be in lock step, Whoever wins will then need to tell the truth.
the election will be in march . if you go in another month you'll be at 8,000 cases a day and an
overwhelmed ICU. they'll wait for summer to take the edge off covid .
kids back in school . march will be it.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I`m tipping the election will be late April 2022.
Morrison will want as much time as he can get to try to lie and spin his way out of the mess he has created.
He`ll also want to keep the job as long as he can (at least until after the Hillsong "Breathe Again" conference) if possible.... :popcorn:

pjennings

i added more . sorry pat

a recession wont really bit till next year and they'll be blaming dan to the max on rupert vision
We had negative growth in Q1. We will have negative growth in Q3 and Q4 (a recession) with the 2 largest states struggling (as well as the flow on to the smaller states).

They have already been blaming Dan on Rupert vison and have been losing ground. It also doesn't help their case when the Vic economy has performing better than the 'open NSW' - this according to data from the Fed treasurer on Q2.

The problem with waiting till next March is that they will either have to kill a lot of us or lock us down as hard vic lockdown stage 4 up to 30% of the time (which is what the Doherty modelling says).

The Doherty modelling that they are relying on presupposes

1) high vaccination rates (we are still relatively low)
2) highly efficient quarantining and contract tracing (we are our of control in NSW and struggling in Vic) and high levels of adherence to public health restrictions. i.e. indoor face face masks, 2m rule.
3) hard lockdowns (up to 30% of the time when there are outbreaks) -this is not the way it is being spun.

What happens when we get to 70% or 80% and start relaxing restrictions. NSW public transport is built on 'crush capacity'. How do you adhere to public health restrictions and use public transport?

We have had more than 18 months of Covid and we are still reactive. We still only have Howard Springs as a proper quarantine facility, We still cannot manufacture mRNA vaccines here. We are running well behind in the vaccine rollout. And we are being lied to about what the future looks like.

I just can't see them being able to hold out until March even with such a compliant (or is it an incompetent) media.

If they call it for this year with the promise of opening up and a compliant media they may get back or at least minimize there losses. If they wait they either have to tell the truth (can't imagine that happening) or the health system will completely break down.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

the election will be in march . if you go in another month you'll be at 8,000 cases a day and an
overwhelmed ICU. they'll wait for summer to take the edge off covid .
kids back in school . march will be it.
Yeah March it is I reckon. I was going to reply last night, but too tired after work.

Although when they had a couple of "experts" on the radio talking about when the election would be and why. That was before the latest shit show.

pjennings

This from the patron of the Doherty institute whose report is being misrepresented. Michael Pasoe is also speculating on a Nov election and Denis Atkins an Oct election.

Last edited:

Ironbark

I would have thought this year. Too much risk of things going badly and then it's easy for the opposition to just point it out rather than provide policy options.

They'll go for momentum such as a couple of lifted restrictions and then call it

true believer

This from the patron of the Doherty institute whose report is being misrepresented. Michael Pasoe is also speculating on a Nov election and Denis Atkins an Oct election.

i follow pete . on covid he's untouched able . but he's just a punter on politics .

true believer

I would have thought this year. Too much risk of things going badly and then it's easy for the opposition to just point it out rather than provide policy options.

They'll go for momentum such as a couple of lifted restrictions and then call it
labor would be crazy to say anything but . we need a federal ICAC now .
the liberals blocked it last election so their wedged on it.

Pirate Pete

labor would be crazy to say anything but . we need a federal ICAC now .
the liberals blocked it last election so their wedged on it.
I was under the impression there would be a federal ICAC.
Just a shame the paperwork is sat on a desk in Canberra gathering dust.
Or possibly human fluids of some sort. You never know with a desk in Canberra do you.

Pirate Pete

The federal ICAC proposed does not cover MPs??? What is the point
yeah I know. the currently proposed LIberal ICAC lite would be useless.
I can't remember what it does cover. But from memory, nothing historical.
All behind closed doors. Useless.
I prefer the NSW version. Can't beat a Kangaroo Court.

824mj9g24ej71.jpg

Insertnamehere

yeah I know. the currently proposed LIberal ICAC lite would be useless.
I can't remember what it does cover. But from memory, nothing historical.
All behind closed doors. Useless.
I prefer the NSW version. Can't beat a Kangaroo Court.

824mj9g24ej71.jpg
Its not retrospective either. So what's the point? Pricks like Obeid wouldnt have been caught

style_cafe

Its not retrospective either. So what's the point? Pricks like Obeid wouldnt have been caught
Maybe this is for you... :popcorn: :popcorn:

Federal ICAC​

As one of its first priorities, The New Liberals will establish a retrospective Federal ICAC with teeth. It will have power to investigate and prosecute politicians, judges and bureaucrats who are corrupt or who act in dereliction of their duty.
For details of how our ICAC would work, click here.

pjennings

I can immediately think of plenty to go before that ICAC. Much better that that proposed by the LNP.

The problem comes with how are their priorities set. Are they relying on people referring matters to them? Can they instigate proceedings themselves? Who can do referrals? What is the criteria for setting priorities? Do you look at incumbents first because they can be causing problems now? What about previous incumbents and the deals done for plum jobs after politics?

Insertnamehere

Maybe this is for you... :popcorn: :popcorn:

Federal ICAC​

As one of its first priorities, The New Liberals will establish a retrospective Federal ICAC with teeth. It will have power to investigate and prosecute politicians, judges and bureaucrats who are corrupt or who act in dereliction of their duty.
For details of how our ICAC would work, click here.
What's a new liberal? I'm more greens/labor voter than some libertarian branch of the LNP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami