• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Armageddon Thread

Insertnamehere

Interesting point someone made today. Why is the Central Coast part of Greater Sydney when it comes to a Lockdown BUT considered Regional NSW when they want to take our Pfizer vaccines???? That is the NSW Govt having their cake and eating it too.
Central coast is represented by lnp or labor? Coz we know the govt have zero probs with open corruption.

Pirate Pete

Last week (Tuesday) Adam Crouch was on ABC radio. I'd just got in the car and it was two minutes to eight. Usually I'd change channel. But only two minutes to the news.

The last question was something like. "other MP's on the coast are calling for a hub to be set up, are you in favour".

Nearly two minutes of waffle and not once did he say he was in favour. In fact typically for a politician he didn't answer the question. This is the reason he kept going on about GP's doing it. He knew what was about to happen and didn't want to let anyone know.

And interestingly enough Lucy Wicks has said the vaccines being taken from the Central Coast
are State vaccines, not Federal ones, so anyone with a GP appointment should be OK.
Anyone going to Gosford Hospital. You're rooted.

pjennings

Central coast is represented by lnp or labor? Coz we know the govt have zero probs with open corruption.

TBH this should not be a partisan issue. This is a communication issue that is serious whether it is to do a pandemic, bushfires, floods and storms. We cannot continue to be part of 'Greater Sydney' at times and not part of Sydney at other times. We also are not part if Newcastle which we also get lumped in with.

If you think we are badly treated by our politicians of both political persuasions this is the reason.

It also affects the funding for the area. Sydney as a capital city gets extra funding. Regions get extra funding. Since we are not seen as a standalone region we continually miss out. If the rest of Australia thinks Morrison is PM of NSW then Gladys is certainly Premier of Sydney (and no I am not only talking about the pandemic response).

If you control the funding for Sydney have you any interest in the Central Coast (except when you holiday there). If you control funding for Newcastle and the Hunter what interest will you have in providing funding to the Central Coast.

We have to be a stand-alone region across all areas at both a state and federal level. Anything less and we are being short-changed.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

TBH this should not be a partisan issue. This is a communication issue that is serious whether it is to do a pandemic, bushfires, floods and storms. We cannot continue to be part of 'Greater Sydney' at times and not part of Sydney at other times. We also are not part if Newcastle which we also get lumped in with.

If you think we are badly treated by our politicians of both political persuasions this is the reason.

It also affects the funding for the area. Sydney as a capital city gets extra funding. Regions get extra funding. Since we are not seen as a standalone region we continually miss out. If the rest of Australia thinks Morrison is PM of NSW then Gladys is certainly Premier of Sydney (and no I am not only talking about the pandemic response).

If you control the funding for Sydney have you any interest in the Central Coast (except when you holiday there). If you control funding for Newcastle and the Hunter what interest will you have in providing funding to the Central Coast.

We have to be a stand-alone region across all areas at both a state and federal level. Anything less and we are being short-changed.
It shouldn't be a partisan issue. It has been turned into one.

true believer

lucy from brookvale is my federal member and the jesus appointed pm's voice on women .
and how to slut shame them. if they speak out about LNP office rape .

couch is my state member . i don't know how he figures in the bin chicken's nsw government

true believer

The perspective is that we are vaccinating at the highest rate we have so far.

However to get where Morrison reckons 28mill (2 * 14mill) will take until the late January at our current rates.

To get to where Gladys is reckoning 40mill (2 * 20mill) quoting will take until into April.
it's already starting to get warmer come the end of august numbers will drop .
come the end of September lock down will ease up. come October ,the people that got vaccinated will be sitting in their seats. living or dying with the mighty mighty mariners

FFC Mariner

lucy from brookvale is my federal member and the jesus appointed pm's voice on women .
and how to slut shame them. if they speak out about LNP office rape .

couch is my state member . i don't know how he figures in the bin chicken's nsw government
Crouch is a useless drone - Very fond of writing stern letters to ministers and then claiming he did something everytime Gladys shits on the Coast

midfielder

Infected numbers on the Coast increasing... The Entrance to Southern parts of Lake Macquarie plus parts of Southern Newcastle...

Woy Woy has it in the sewage ....

Send text out to all appointments tonight.... all cancelled .... only phone and digital ....

Dropped in to see an elderly client in her late 80's on the way home, husband passed roughly 15 months ago.... her kids all live in other states ... she is by herself, scared, lonely and terrified to come to the door ... she asked me to ring the door bell when I arrived, then step back onto the driveway... when I did this she opened the door musk on and left her work in a shoe box on her step, waved thanked me for coming, closed the door and went inside... had no idea what to do felt like giving her a hug... when home and phoned her and talked for about 20 minutes or so...

I consider myself to be on the whole quite and were I live beyond tranquil, were I can get out and walk for hours if I want...I don't have major money issues and can do a lot of work from home...

But I am becoming very hhhmmmm annoyed and it would not take much more to make me angry... can only wonder if I was young, money was an issue and I lived in a small apartment how I would feel...

I spend most of the last two weeks working on client claims to Service NSW.... The Feds dumped a lot on the State gov and I genuinely feel for Service NSW staff ... they have coped it in the neck due to lack of planning by the Feds...

I have 9 clients all with families, and 3 people I know facing bankruptcy if we don't get back to normal sooner rather than later.....

I understand there is no silver bullet..... further there is no easy solution....but an issue I feel is starting to fester.... people in industries essentially closed down, many of whom run small business and have their homes mortgaged visa vee those in public service, banking, i.e. jobs and income not effected ...

An example one client employees 22 people, and has weekly outgoing of 15K not counting wages...

Read as many would there is an even worst strain than Delta in South America...

Add to this the maroons refusing to get vaccinated...

Finally let me share with you I think the dumbest thing I personally heard from a person other than on TV... on the main street in Umina, outside a cafe people were gathered waiting for coffee... all musk wearing and spread apart... lady say late 30's early 40's not wearing a musk... someone said to her you should put on a musk...

This is how the conversation followed.

Lady... Musks don't work...

Lady who asked her... Thats BS of course they do...

Lady ... No they don't and I have scientific proof they don't ...

Lady who asked and others now.... BS what proof.

Lady... its even on youtube... but I will explain it to you... someone wearing underpants and jeans farts, you can still smell it, even if you put a musk on you can still smell the fart ... so if musks worked you could not smell the fart,,, then she stormed off yelling at the cafe lady she would be back to get her coffee...

Insertnamehere

Infected numbers on the Coast increasing... The Entrance to Southern parts of Lake Macquarie plus parts of Southern Newcastle...

Send text out to all appointments tonight.... all cancelled .... only phone and digital ....

Dropped in to see an elderly client in her late 80's on the way home, husband passed roughly 15 months ago.... her kids all live in other states ... she is by herself, scared, lonely and terrified to come to the door ... she asked me to ring the door bell when I arrived, then step back onto the driveway... when I did this she opened the door musk on and left her work in a shoe box on her step, waved thanked me for coming, closed the door and went inside... had no idea what to do felt like giving her a hug... when home and phoned her and talked for about 20 minutes or so...

I consider myself to be on the whole quite and were I live beyond tranquil, were I can get out and walk for hours if I want...I don't have major money issues and can do a lot of work from home...

But I am becoming very hhhmmmm annoyed and it would not take much more to make me angry... can only wonder if I was young, money was an issue and I lived in a small apartment how I would feel...

I spend most of the last two weeks working on client claims to Service NSW.... The Feds dumped a lot on the State gov and I genuinely feel for Service NSW staff ... they have coped it in the neck due to lack of planning by the Feds...

I have 9 clients all with families, and 3 people I know facing bankruptcy if we don't get back to normal sooner rather than later.....

I understand there is no silver bullet..... further there is no easy solution....but an issue I feel is starting to fester.... people in industries essentially closed down, many of whom run small business and have their homes mortgaged visa vee those in public service, banking, i.e. jobs and income not effected ...

An example one client employees 22 people, and has weekly outgoing of 15K not counting wages...

Finally let me share with you I think the dumbest thing I personally heard from a person other than on TV... on the main street in Umina, outside a cafe people were gathered waiting for coffee... all musk wearing and spread apart... lady say late 30's early 40's not wearing a musk... someone said to her you should put on a musk...

Lady... its even on youtube... but I will explain it to you... someone wearing underpants and jeans farts, you can still smell it, even if you put a musk on you can still smell the fart ... so if musks worked you could not smell the fart,,, then she stormed off yelling at the cafe lady she would be back to get her coffee...
When I was kid, the boomer generation ear bashed me about not trusting anyone or anything on the internet. I'm a grown up with a science degree that took me 7years to collect. Even I'm not a qualified source in some people's minds.

marinermick

When I was kid, the boomer generation ear bashed me about not trusting anyone or anything on the internet. I'm a grown up with a science degree that took me 7years to collect. Even I'm not a qualified source in some people's minds.

I work in immunology and yet I don’t profess to understand a lot of the science behind this virus and the vaccines that will help us. I do work with doctors and scientists however and I know how smart they are and how much they do know. I am yet to meet one doctor or scientist who says this isn’t real, that masks don’t work and that vaccines don’t work.

Yet I am bombarded by people who barely passed high school telling me how much they know and understand about this. FFS, I have two uni degrees and I work in immunology and yet I struggle to keep up with the science.

Look up the concept of the Kruger-Dunning effect and you will see exactly what is going on.

Last edited:

Big Al

Many a good point there. That phone call was the best thing you could have done and would have made her day. Great work.

The covid grants have been a disaster and the payment flow even worse and has been a very difficult time to try help so many in need and the money they are getting doesn’t cover squat.

I am pretty sure they will just return to a new normal at the end of the month and we will all have to be open with extreme covid safe measures because she has lost control and frankly to many don’t care (they will when it gets wild but for now a coffee is more important).

Pfizer jabs are impossible to come by on the coast. I booked the other day for mid October. That’s crazy.

Any way good people of CCM if you know someone on there own do as midfielder has done and give them a 20min call. It’s not like you have anything better to do. So help out our friends in need

pjennings

This today from the Doherty Institute

In the COVID-19 modelling, opening up at 70% vaccine coverage of the adult population with partial public health measures, we predict 385,983 symptomatic cases and 1,457 deaths over six months.
With optimal public health measures (and no lockdowns), this can be significantly reduced to 2,737 infections and 13 deaths.
We’ve learned from watching countries that have removed all restrictions that there is no ‘freedom day’.

I suspect optimal public health measures does not include full stadiums.

Pirate Pete

In the COVID-19 modelling, opening up at 70% vaccine coverage of the adult population with partial public health measures, we predict 385,983 symptomatic cases and 1,457 deaths over six months.
With optimal public health measures (and no lockdowns), this can be significantly reduced to 2,737 infections and 13 deaths.
We’ve learned from watching countries that have removed all restrictions that there is no ‘freedom day’.

Just reading elsewhere that NSW are on track to be 80% double dosed by the end of October.
That would still leave 3 weeks for the second dose to become effective. So just before Christmas.

I really don't know what they're going to do. Are people prepared to accept a number of deaths?
I'm beginning to think they will. Until it affects them.

Oh, and there was a bit about lockdown burnout yesterday on the radio.
Lack of empathy for other people is a symptom.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've had enough this lockdown.
Last year I was fine, but this year is a grind.

Last edited:

booney

In the CCM fans and the club thread quite a few comments about how some of our senior players are anti mask,anti vax and anti lockdown proponents.Of course everyone is entitled to their view but this Covid situation needs everyone pulling together and doing the right thing for the good of the community.I don't go on social media but evidently some posts are quite looney from what other fans have mentioned on that thread.

pjennings

Further to this yesterday the modelling includes indoor mask wearing for everyone except in when you are alone in your own home.

Even then they say that we will be in lockdowns (equivalent to stage 4 Vic) in outbreaks around 30% of the time.

We are not hearing any of this in the MSM. My guess is that there will be an federal election called when we get to roughly 60% double vaxxed nationally (mid Oct) for an election mid November before we get to 80% nationally.

Any later and the truth that these lockdowns will still occur will not go down well. If they leave it to next year we will have 2 quarters of negative growth in Q3 and Q4 this year.

Labor will not want to expose this as it will be too easy to be painted as wanting to shut down. They will be in lock step, Whoever wins will then need to tell the truth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami