• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Argentina name Olympics football squad......

serious14

Goalkeepers: Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar)

Defenders: Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol), Luciano Monzon (Boca Juniors), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid), Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Lautaro Acosta (Sevilla)

Midfielders: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors), Ever Banega (Valencia), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Diego Buonanotte (River Plate), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Angel Di Maria (Benfica)

:-[ :-[ :-[

We is gonna get smaaaaaaaaaaaashed.  :tophat:

dibo

there's still cote d'ivoire and serbia - i think we'd be competitive against either of those two, but first place in the group is definitely a stretch.

gago, mascherano, riquelme, messi... sheesh!

tuftman

Man thats overkill picking Riquelme, our whole defence will be destroyed by the guy, he plays the game slowly, something Australian defence's struggle to cope with. Serbia can still technically pick Bojan Krkic as he is elegible through his father, who shares the same name, and is Serbian, as he hasnt played a senior international. And we know that Serbian sides are defensively rock solid. Which leaves us with the Elephants. If they take any 3 of Drogba Dindane, Kalou, Kader Keita, 2 Toure's, Eboue then we will be in trouble...... getting out of the group will be a minor miracle, especially considering Graham Arnolds recent attempts at coaching in a major tournament

tuftman

According to Wikipedia, Graham Arnold has been linked to Bolton and Norwich. Did these people not see the Asian Cup!!!!!!! Or do they just think, he was assistant to Hiddink, we are underachieving clubs lets put 2 and 2 together and see what happens......

serious14

Does not Bolton equal long ball defensive shite??  That would suit Arnold perfectly.....

Dear Christ, that Argentina squad could tear the Socceroos apart 5-0, let alone the Olyroos.  This is going to be Messi.  ;)

tuftman

serious14 said:
Does not Bolton equal long ball defensive shite??  That would suit Arnold perfectly.....

Dear Christ, that Argentina squad could tear the Socceroos apart 5-0, let alone the Olyroos.  This is going to be Messi.  ;)

Yeah and it also equals mid table mediocrity, something Arnold would also be suited to. Hopefully he goes there and gets hammered, and yes Serious it is going to be Messi

RADINHO

LoL the only players i dont no a lot about are Sergio Romero, Luciano Monzon, Lautaro Acosta and Diego Buonanotte. Yes we are gonna get smashed.

Sym

Pessimists..We can ground a gritty draw, or early goal and 85mins of Djitte corner play

Serious though We could get a point or the lot

Boogs>>>Messi

EDIT. Scrap Djitte corner play as it seems he got cut

FFC Mariner

11 men behind the ball AND Danny and a real coach and they would still beat us.

With that side and knob head in charge, its gonna be nasty

mariners4ever

another great team is:

Brazil Olympic squad: Diego Alves (Almeria), Renan (Internacional); Breno (Bayern Munich), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Thiago Silva (Fluminense), Rafinha (Schalke 04), Ilsinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Marcelo (Real Madrid); Anderson (Manchester United), Lucas (Liverpool), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Diego (Werder Bremen), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Thiago Neves (Fluminense); Alexandre Pato (Milan), Jo (Manchester City), Rafael Sobis (Betis), Robinho (Real Madrid).

Paolo

serious14 said:
:-\
please get your coat and leave now

serious14

And to add to this misery.......  Brazil's squad.

Diego Alves (Almeria), Renan (Internacional); Breno (Bayern Munich), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Thiago Silva (Fluminense), Rafinha (Schalke 04), Ilsinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Marcelo (Real Madrid); Anderson (Manchester United), Lucas (Liverpool), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Diego (Werder Bremen), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Thiago Neves (Fluminense); Alexandre Pato (Milan), Jo (Manchester City), Rafael Sobis (Betis), Robinho (Real Madrid).

Dear Christ...... Arnold out.  This isn't even funny anymore.

Paolo

serious14 said:
And to add to this misery.......  Brazil's squad.

Diego Alves (Almeria), Renan (Internacional); Breno (Bayern Munich), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Thiago Silva (Fluminense), Rafinha (Schalke 04), Ilsinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Marcelo (Real Madrid); Anderson (Manchester United), Lucas (Liverpool), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Diego (Werder Bremen), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Thiago Neves (Fluminense); Alexandre Pato (Milan), Jo (Manchester City), Rafael Sobis (Betis), Robinho (Real Madrid).

Dear Christ...... Arnold out.  This isn't even funny anymore.
that looks very similar to the one two posts above yours

mariners4ever said:
another great team is:

Brazil Olympic squad: Diego Alves (Almeria), Renan (Internacional); Breno (Bayern Munich), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Thiago Silva (Fluminense), Rafinha (Schalke 04), Ilsinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Marcelo (Real Madrid); Anderson (Manchester United), Lucas (Liverpool), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Diego (Werder Bremen), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Thiago Neves (Fluminense); Alexandre Pato (Milan), Jo (Manchester City), Rafael Sobis (Betis), Robinho (Real Madrid).

serious14

Oh my, I didn't look two posts above me because I was seething with anger about how hard we're going to be done over at this tournament because of the incompetency of Graham Arnold.  I apologise oh Lord Of All Creation Keensy, may I never offend you again. 

:postcount:

Paolo

serious14 said:
Oh my, I didn't look two posts above me because I was seething with anger about how hard we're going to be done over at this tournament because of the incompetency of Graham Arnold.  I apologise oh Lord Of All Creation Keensy, may I never offend you again. 
apology accepted, please be more careful before posting in the future...kk thanks

S

soccersensei

I don't know what people are on about...

Ronaldinho... Messi...
meh...
We have Carney!!!  :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member