• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Are we getting screwed by Bluetongue Stadium?

Sean

Arabmariner said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
10000 capacity?!
Why would we need much more?

Growth of Central Coast's population? leading to more supporters and we definitely would not want to deny the bumper crowds we get in the Summer.

This method of keeping the number low to ensure more sell outs or close to leading to a higher demand of memberships which would ensure fans seats, would really only work in Melbourne right now.

Arabmariner

Sean Francis Lacy said:
Arabmariner said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
10000 capacity?!

Growth of Central Coast's population? leading to more supporters and we definitely would not want to deny the bumper crowds we get in the Summer.

This method of keeping the number low to ensure more sell outs or close to leading to a higher demand of memberships which would ensure fans seats, would really only work in Melbourne right now.
We've probably got a hard core support of around 6-8,000 although even that is about to be seriously tested next season imo.10,000 would cater for that plus 2 or 3,000 extras.

Anyone who thinks ccm are a couple of years off being some super club playing out of a 30,000 seater stadium is dreaming imo.In time maybe.A big maybe.Stadiums can be expanded as the need arises if designed properly.A crowd of 8 or 9,000 in a 10,000 seater>>>>>>>>>>>>>a 3rd full Bluetongue imo.

Even the worlds superclubs didn't become massive overnight.

georgemladenov

Sean Francis Lacy said:
Arabmariner said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
10000 capacity?!

A budget 10000-12000 capacity stadium could realistically be built at Tuggerah for under 50 million. With an NRL team at Bluetongue imminent, we will continue to suffer from a poor stadium deal where we make no revenue from advertising or food and beverage sales, and things such as a playing surface which is not suitable for football. The smaller the capacity, the less the maintenance fees, and the more intimate the atmosphere. Imagine 10000 members with 2000 seats left for the public to fight over, we'd always have the hottest ticket in town. It's not as if we can ever host a GF at Bluetongue now anyway.

Realistically it wont happen, but with an Asian Cup in 2015 as an excuse, one could only hope that Fed and NSW govt money might come our way (say 20M each with 10M contributed by the club).

3826.jpg

Fredrikstad's (Norway) stadium (12500 capacity) was built in 2007 for 100 million Krone, which is only 20 million AUD at today's exchange rate. The possibility of owning our own budget stadium should not be ignored

Jesus

Jesus
10k seater?

Surely if you were going smaller, you would at least got 15k for a new years crowd/bling/scum game in summer? Which would leave little to no room for growth

Arabmariner

Jesus said:
10k seater?

Surely if you were going smaller, you would at least got 15k for a new years crowd/bling/scum game in summer? Which would leave little to no room for growth
Agreed.

I was just commenting on the 10,000 because that's what was mentioned.Tbh I'd prefer a proper 10,000 football stadium full of the regulars and f**k the plastics.

Better atmosphere.

Arabmariner

georgemladenov said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
Arabmariner said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
10000 capacity?!

A budget 10000-12000 capacity stadium could realistically be built at Tuggerah for under 50 million. With an NRL team at Bluetongue imminent, we will continue to suffer from a poor stadium deal where we make no revenue from advertising or food and beverage sales, and things such as a playing surface which is not suitable for football. The smaller the capacity, the less the maintenance fees, and the more intimate the atmosphere. Imagine 10000 members with 2000 seats left for the public to fight over, we'd always have the hottest ticket in town. It's not as if we can ever host a GF at Bluetongue now anyway.

Realistically it wont happen, but with an Asian Cup in 2015 as an excuse, one could only hope that Fed and NSW govt money might come our way (say 20M each with 10M contributed by the club).

3826.jpg

Fredrikstad's (Norway) stadium (12500 capacity) was built in 2007 for 100 million Krone, which is only 20 million AUD at today's exchange rate. The possibility of owning our own budget stadium should not be ignored
I agree with all of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the "boutique" stadium at Tuggerah turns into long term.There's plenty of land there to plan long term.

Numerous small clubs in Scotland have been forced into building stadiums similar to what you're talking about because they can't get promotion to the spl if the stadium is not up to scratch.Clubs without the funds have started off with 2 stands and expanded as the finance allowed.

So the boutique stadium gets built initially with for example a 5,000 seat grandstand down one side.Gets used for youth games,pre season games,local finals etc.

Down the track the other side gets done.Capacity 10,000 now ,suitable for the majority of our games.A couple of 2,000 odd seaters behind the goals for the nutters and there you go.

Easy.

Now whose dosh are we using! ;)

midfielder

Arabmariner said:
georgemladenov said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
Arabmariner said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
10000 capacity?!

3826.jpg

I agree with all of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the "boutique" stadium at Tuggerah turns into long term.There's plenty of land there to plan long term.

Numerous small clubs in Scotland have been forced into building stadiums similar to what you're talking about because they can't get promotion to the spl if the stadium is not up to scratch.Clubs without the funds have started off with 2 stands and expanded as the finance allowed.

So the boutique stadium gets built initially with for example a 5,000 seat grandstand down one side.Gets used for youth games,pre season games,local finals etc.

Down the track the other side gets done.Capacity 10,000 now ,suitable for the majority of our games.A couple of 2,000 odd seaters behind the goals for the nutters and there you go.

Easy.

Now whose dosh are we using! ;)

If we own a stadium and get the profits from food and drink sales, signage revenue especially if on FTA, plus the rental cost .... a 12, 000 seat stadium is equal to a 20, 000 crowd at a stadium where you do not control these things.

Why not put a D & A into council and see how BT react...

Maybe councils / state gov / comm gov ... could each come to the party ...

Thinking right outside the box ... BTW it is just a tho and I may change my mind tomorrow.. NSW Football are planning to spend 40 million of there own money to build an academy very similar to ours & invest a further 60 million... maybe have a chat with them and see where it heads...

Jesus

Jesus
Marks said in the paper today that bluey no longer pay the nrl to host games. That all the money the sharks would get is through ticket sales.

FFC Mariner

Well the Sharks arent coming as the NRL wants a club to relocate 100%.

Sharks CEO hawking the club to "cashed up investors"

wonder if Singo has the $$ to buy them and move them?

Jesus

Jesus
FFC Mariner said:
Well the Sharks arent coming as the NRL wants a club to relocate 100%.

Sharks CEO hawking the club to "cashed up investors"

wonder if Singo has the $$ to buy them and move them?

My guess is yes. But will he?

daddy cool

Love the idea of a "boutique" stadium would rather have a full stadium with atmosphere than a stadium half full. If the facilites would first class I would pay that extra for a seat and if tickets are at a premium then first in first serve basis with preferance to members sounds ok to me.

clarence

midfielder said:
Tellie today said it was the NRL who are paying the 100K not BT...

They knocked that idea on the head. Full relocation or f**k off is the NRL's stance by the looks of it.  ::)  :tv:

Hi guys,

Just want to let you all know we DONT guarantee money to NRL clubs the NRL is the one doing that.  We love the Mariners and have been one of the major financial sponsors since they started,  my advice is not believe everything you read as the media have a way of getting things mixed up.

Cheers

Monique

clarence

Bluetongue Stadium said:
Hi guys,

Just want to let you all know we DONT guarantee money to NRL clubs the NRL is the one doing that.  We love the Mariners and have been one of the major financial sponsors since they started,  my advice is not believe everything you read as the media have a way of getting things mixed up.

Cheers

Monique

Is this the real deal or someone using the user name of Bluetongue Stadium?  ???

In any case, maybe Monique could look at her own advice and stop sounding like a sycophant for the NRL everytime she opens her mouth to said media. ;)

marinermick

clarence said:
Bluetongue Stadium said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Monique

Is this the real deal or someone using the user name of Bluetongue Stadium?  ???

In any case, maybe Monique could look at her own advice and stop sounding like a sycophant for the NRL everytime she opens her mouth to said media. ;)

real deal

clarence

marinermick said:
clarence said:
Bluetongue Stadium said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Monique

real deal

Fair enough then. My second paragraph still applies - be more careful when talking to media.

clarence

Bluetongue Stadium said:
All good. 
I have never been called a sycophant before my husband will get a laugh out of that one. 

Didn't read close enough did you? I said sounded like a sychophant. :headbutt:

Never said you were one, as I don't know you personally and unable to judge that.  ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred