• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ARC Goooone!

Sean

http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22942541-23217,00.html

I chucked this in Aus football as its a competitor in Australia and deserves to be noted

dibo

Perm said:
http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22942541-23217,00.html

I chucked this in Aus football as its a competitor in Australia and deserves to be noted

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

where's 'theman' now?

dibo

q: what's the pinnacle of optimism?

a: putting the space for more than one ARC champion's name on the trophy

r191182_719752.jpg

C

curious

No winter tenant for Blue Tongue, no winter income, poorer stadium management balance sheet = less funds for stadium upkeep &/or upgrades.

adz

Staff member
Gee what a shame... I might have gotten a season ticket for next season. Will have to get a carton of VB instead now :p

P

Pete

Any one else find it ironic that it was Matt Carroll who canned the ARC? (He was the one who was in charge of the HAL in V1 &2)

The news release says that the ARC did achieve it's purpose for the development of players, so with that comp now gone, they are in a bad situation for the development of players if that level of competition remains absent.

ole!

They deserve to go, they stole their acronym from the Australian Rally Championship

Tassiemariner

Pete said:
Any one else find it ironic that it was Matt Carroll who canned the ARC? (He was the one who was in charge of the HAL in V1 &2)
I thought it was very ironic as in the press conference he said the ARC had lost $5 mil this season and $3 mil in the 2nd season when these were the figures HAL clubs lost in the first 2 seasons. he didn't can us after 2 seasons.

R.I.P. Rugby Union.

northernspirit

difference is we are pulling crowds, getting sponsors on board and a lucrative tv deal... the ARC never had any chance of achieving this hence it was always doomed

Omni

The really great thing about this is that it means that the Central Coast are always the greatest rugby team in the country Hoorah!

Now all we have to do is win the A-League every year and we'll be the sporting capital of Australia, if only the ice hockey team would win too!

Sean

Foriegnmariner said:
Pete said:
I thought it was very ironic as in the press conference he said the ARC had lost $5 mil this season and $3 mil in the 2nd season when these were the figures HAL clubs lost in the first 2 seasons. he didn't can us after 2 seasons.

R.I.P. Rugby Union.

did they even think that next ARC season they had the possibility of using the whole wallabies team and other internationals as players will be going for Super 14 spots?!
think of the attention and money that wouldve got. I really predicted ARC to be huge next season as they were planning on increasing the length which was obvious, and star players to be signed. wtf?!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
ya think they woulda survived if they played the games when all the union comps had finished for the day and just maybe not charged like wounded rhinos to go see it?

Omni

yea, the fact that it was played at the same time as union games on the coast didn't help!

brett

Ashie said:
One of the big reasons why it failed was because of the free to air deal with ABC. People had the best view (tv) so why waste money going down to watch it at the stadium.
That one reason why a-league picked up crowd numbers because not everyone has foxtel.

Domestic cricket gets crowds that match what I see in the elevator at work, despite being on Fox. Enough people watch it that it can survive on the TV deal (to simplify things). The difference is, no one gave a toss about the ARC so no one watched it at the ground OR at home.

Sean

brett said:
Ashie said:
One of the big reasons why it failed was because of the free to air deal with ABC. People had the best view (tv) so why waste money going down to watch it at the stadium.
That one reason why a-league picked up crowd numbers because not everyone has foxtel.

Domestic cricket gets crowds that match what I see in the elevator at work, despite being on Fox. Enough people watch it that it can survive on the TV deal (to simplify things). The difference is, no one gave a toss about the ARC so no one watched it at the ground OR at home.
QFT

Jesus

Jesus
curious said:
No winter tenant for Blue Tongue, no winter income, poorer stadium management balance sheet = less funds for stadium upkeep &/or upgrades.

There will still be 10 or so RL games this season.

dibo

the tenant we're talking about is also one that trashed the field but didn't provide any serious income in pourage or food sales because a man and his dog showed up, and the dog didn't drink.

from the stadium's point of view NRL games would be vastly preferable, and they don't muck up the field anywhere near as badly, and there will be 4 of those this year. they'll beat the hell out of the ARC crowds and be much better for exposure of stadium sponsors and whatnot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred