• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

anzac day

T

I was thinking of taking my Grandfather..... it all depends on the night before. :)

marinermick

not going this year

races should be good at gosford (if on) and if not a day at the leaguesy sounds good

dibo

[insensitive inner city chardonnay sipping leftie mode]

i dunno, i wsa thinking of invading something, but then i thought i'll just save that for january 26.

[/insensitive inner city chardonnay sipping leftie mode]

*whistles*

P

Pete

dibo said:
[insensitive inner city chardonnay sipping leftie mode]

i dunno, i wsa thinking of invading something, but then i thought i'll just save that for january 26.

[/insensitive inner city chardonnay sipping leftie mode]

*whistles*

Thems fighting words Dibo, to some of us here.

As for me, I can't handle "The Last Post" too well, so will probably skip any ceremony. It was played at my Dad's funeral and was the point where all his family (myself included) lost our composure. Still hits me like a ton of bricks.

My Dad was a proud man, and proud of his service during WW2, so we all knew how he held "The Last Post" to his heart. (hint Dibo)

FFC Mariner

I could point out to Dibo that his right to hold those views was actually paid for with other peoples blood............

But that would be churlish

P

Pete

serious14 said:
Changing the flag whilst we're at it Dibo??  :p

I take Dibo's post with a LOT of grains of salt. But just in case there was some genuine apathy in there, I put in my story to show him some still think otherwise.

FWIW, I thought the Anzac Day thing rather passe until my Dad died.

Also having been privileged to have met some Veterans who were right in the thick of it in either WW2, Korea or Vietnam and heard what they had to say, well, you can't help but change your views.

P

Pete

Greenpoleffc said:
I could point out to Dibo that his right to hold those views was actually paid for with other peoples blood............

But that would be churlish

I could also point out Greenpole, that, from my own experience, the lefty chardonnay types are usually the ones who hide behind the guy with the gun when they have protesters rock up to their workplace, or someone who won't leave. But that would be churlish too.....

adz

Staff member
it was a joke... if there is any consistency here someone will fire up about the first fleet too.

P

Pete

First Fleet???!

Best thing to come out of Britain.........Convicts = Australian Royalty! ;D

(Wasn't their fault that they had no idea on how to interact with the locals when they landed. Philip thought the whole place was "Terras Nullus" remember?) :headbutt: :headbutt:

Gen (MarinerMum)

Ancient Mariner is in Brisbane to march with his navy dive team.  We also went to a service last Sunday, where he gave a talk about the Navy Reserves.  The ancient one is one of only 3 ADF-Navy personnel to be awarded the Federation Star for 43 years service.  So his title Ancient Mariner is quite fitting.

dibo

It was very much a joke, while i don't have veterans in my family i count as a friend a man who served in SE Asia in WWII and worked on the Burma Railway. I appreciate the service of those who have returned from serving the country, and those who weren't so lucky.

I don't always buy into the 'their sacrifice has paid for our freedom' bit, but they served our country with everything they had to give on the orders of people who would never themselves see a bullet fired in anger. I doffs me hat with no reservation.

~Floss~

marinermick said:
anzac day races off

anyone fancying a tipple meet at the leaguesy from 12

I was wondering if anyone was going to this.... I'm a "possible" - albeit remotely possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred