• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Andre Gumprecht

FFC Mariner

Harper mention Colosimo in his call of the Blings fantastic attempt to make the 4 (hahahahahahahaha)

Local rumour is Gumps to SFC (and v strong apparently)

S

soccersensei

I heard rumours today that Gumps is going to the flying circus next season...
Simon Colosimo also... Can any one confirm???

BAD BULLZ

I asked him if he was playin this week and his reply was "I'M NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE" if he does leave to play else where i wish him all the best and i will never participate in an anti gumpy song i'd be embarressed if the marinators turned on him.

FFC Mariner

That will never happen (I hope)

Gumps is a legend and deserves mega respect if/when he returns to Bluetongue

bobandbill

Terrible news if he goes to Sydney. He still has it, only he has not been given the start to prove it. And it's not just the skill that I believe he still has, but the enthusiasum that lifts all the other players when he playes. We've seen it at thelast Melbourne game for instance - only after he came on did we start playing better, and he didn't stop running, and exploited the back line of Melbourne missing a player, allowing Porter and Simon to get more space. That did not happen before he came on.

IMO he has been judged in a harsher light than what certain other players have been looked at that besides a few good games at the start of the season, have fallen well behind, especially gumpy's level, and still get that start or bench spot that gumprecht misses out upon.

I'm afraid that IF he went to Sydney, he would prove many of those here wrong, and it would be a bad loss. McKinna please at least keep him here, and preferably keep him playing.

shooter

I overheard a Perth reference from someone near to him on the weekend. Didn't think much of it at the time but perhaps...

grecquemariner

This always happens when great teams become to big. Its great that we have selection headaches but look at the great players that we have to leave frustrated on the bench Clarky, Gumpy, Ogrady, Damien Brown and Trotty. These are all players that could get starting roles with any other club and will soon have to. We cant expect to keep these players when other jobs are around. Sydney who is not blessed with a great midfield or great anything for that matter. We don't want to become the Chelsea of the A-league and just win simply because we own the best players. 

Roy Law

The club cannot stand still at the end of each season, changes will always have to be made, with a salary cap in place room has to be created and so some players have to move on. For me Gumprecht was excellent in Season One but has been found out by opponents by Season Three and, great enthusiast though he is, it is sensible to let him move on.

uncleyellow

Th Gump Wont be here next year...

He will be watching the sun set on the ocean for a change...

Has been a trooper for us, and well loved by the fans, but I reckon he will be in Perth.

bobandbill

I personally cannot see him in Perth so easily - sure, he has links there, but his SoccerPro business is here - would he just leave it here?

The problem is, I'm sure that he could start for any A-league club, including us. Only he can't get in the squad because there's so much competition, and McKinna seems to favour Kwas who IMO has currently droped off the pace. If gumpy got a few games, I'm sure he could show that he's still got it. Pity injuries keep plaguing him occassionally ever since that Melbourne incident.

rosko

It would be sad to see Gumps go... Whenever he comes on the paddock now he brings a lift and energy to the entire team...

Rowdy

Gumps and Porter I believe could offer just as much as what Owens and Kwassi can, espec Kwas of late as he's looking really flat, but unfortunately the former 2 can't get on the pitch to show their wares.

This could be nullified to some extent if the FFA pulled their heads out of their arses and allowed "16" players on the team sheet like every other footballing nation in the world.

15 was a bit odd in the first year, but considering the smaller squad size I thought, oh well! one less player to be possibly inujured, maintains the back-up/squad players for the times of injuries.

Squad sizes have increased and so too should the number on the team sheet. Otherwise we'll have the situation of players moving on because they can't get game time, then low and behold one of our top players goes & fcuk's themselves playing table tennis and we all start whinging "why didn't we keep so & so" because the table tennis player's shite for the rest of the season.  8)

Hollands going to Scumville is an example of talent not signing/(leaving) looking for game time. 16 man teamsheet could've been the difference of him signing after the morning training session. Chicken Porter could be another.

He's failed to get Olyroo game time because he can't show what he's capable of by getting on the pitch for the Mariners. Mentioned to me that vice versa, get's back from Olyroo training camp's and Lawrie hasn't seen him for 4 day's and has no DVD of the Olyroo game to watch because Chicken didn't get a run there either.

Catch 22.

pjennings

Gumps has been quoted on Perth radio more than a year ago saying he would like to play in Perth again.

kevrenor

rosko said:
It would be sad to see Gumps go... Whenever he comes on the paddock now he brings a lift and energy to the entire team...
He was a very popular man at the picnic yesterday ... with a queue for autographs about as long as John Aloisi's.

fish

Im not sure about that KR the queue for Aloisi was nearly across the field. Th egreat thing to see was all the players were more than happy to pose for pics and have a chat.Aloisi looked in his element.
Now the queue for Mrdja was something to behold !!!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred