• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALW Round 1 vs Jets

JoyfulPenguin

Caught up with the replay. Decent if disjointed overall performance and some good showings in the midfield, particuarly Gomez and Martin.

Considering the Jets aren't exactly a power house in the ALW, it is slightly concerning that we got cut apart so often at the back.

But there where good aspects and passages and more time building fitness and cohesion should help.

marinermick

She is only 17. The double sub of her and Wurigumula transformed the game - we were becoming more and more dominant from that point right until the sucker punch goal on the counter.

Sucker punch cane straight after the red. Their right midfield was a dangerous player but Bryson had her covered all game. As soon as Bryson wasn’t there we didn’t adjust.

We have no lost Bryson for the Adelaide game as well.

MrCelery

The American up front (number ten) has been disappointing. No running, doesn’t get stuck in, doesn’t find space.

She was supposed to be one of our big signings.

Bryson at left back and Gomez and Galic in centre mid have been our best players.
Absolutely agree. Should have been hooked much earlier. For such a tall timber, didn't seem to have much of a clue about attacking the ball. Looked very lazy.

turbo

Catching up on the mini match. The ref has had an absolute shocker and Bryson did nothing to get a second yellow. All she did was put herself in front of a team mate who was about to be blind sided by the jets player charging in. Some other dubious yellows too.

The W can be a rough watch at times. They seem to fluctuate between the level I’d expect in low level all age and moments of brilliance but they’ll only get better as more girls have pathways to keep playing longer and at higher levels.

Tevor

Absolutely agree. Should have been hooked much earlier. For such a tall timber, didn't seem to have much of a clue about attacking the ball. Looked very lazy.
Just slow, was in the CB’s pocket all game. She is 25 and if that’s as fast as she can get then there isn’t much hope. So many through balls for her and she never looked like getting to any of them. The 9 looked so much better and will go well this season if they can get ball to her. Watched the second half of the Derby, so much faster and a better game. Mid table finish will be a fantastic result however I feel it will be a battle to not get the spoon like the Nix did last season in their first campaign.

Melange

Catching up on the mini match. The ref has had an absolute shocker and Bryson did nothing to get a second yellow. All she did was put herself in front of a team mate who was about to be blind sided by the jets player charging in. Some other dubious yellows too.
Completely agree. Ridiculous

+ in the 30 seconds of play leading up to the melee 3 Jets players could have been given yellows based on the ones she handed out earlier in the game

gemkayem

The W can be a rough watch at times. They seem to fluctuate between the level I’d expect in low level all age and moments of brilliance but they’ll only get better as more girls have pathways to keep playing longer and at higher levels.
Yeah that’s right. For the very large majority this is a part time gig, they have to juggle work and study and training and try to compete at the best level they can, they aren’t fully professional athletes

true believer

Trimis vision and passing is above any of our other midfielders
Yeah trimmis 22 was killing them and probably would have won us the game. before the brain snap .
Gomez 6 was my wom .

Note i have no idea who most of the players are .so can we put the number of the player after the name .

I was happy with rassmussen 11 .coming from npl2 .it was a big step up in class and work rate.

Last edited:

gemkayem

Yeah trimmis 22 was killing them and probably would have won us the game. before the brain snap .
Gomez 6 was my wom .

Note i have no idea who most of the players are .so can we put the number of the player after the name .

I was happy with russmussen 11 .coming from npl2 .it was a big step up in class and work rate.
Would love to see Rass and the academy girls go well for sure

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred