• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALW Round 1 vs Jets

finally retired

Yeah I’d be letting the club know that you want to support the girls but you also don’t want to get heat stroke. My worry is that it will actually be detrimental as people will just not turn up if they have to sit in the sun
Yep...have done.
I won't be going again if it's only eastern stand open..... I must be soft but I like my western non glare view.

ryan

At the fan day Shaun announced that only the Eastern Stand will be open for the ladies unless it's a double header. I think it's because the cameras face that way and if everyone is in the western stand it will look empty. The sun is bad at 3pm or 5pm kickoffs so if it affects crowds i think they should swap it over.

pjennings

At the fan day Shaun announced that only the Eastern Stand will be open for the ladies unless it's a double header. I think it's because the cameras face that way and if everyone is in the western stand it will look empty. The sun is bad at 3pm or 5pm kickoffs so if it affects crowds i think they should swap it over.
For the remaining games we have 6pm or later kickoffs for all standalone games. It will still be damn hot on the Eastern side at that time but the second half at least should be better.

2:15pm kickoff 12/11. Part of a double header so all the stadium will be open.

6pm kickoff 18/11. Standalone

7pm kickoff 15/12. Stand alone

4:15pm kickoff 31/12. Part of a double header so all the stadium will be open.

6pm kickoff 7/1. Stand alone

6pm kickoff 20/1. Stand alone

6pm kickoff 4/2. Stand alone

5pm kickoff 10/2. Part of a double header so all the stadium will be open.

3:15pm kickoff 2/3 Part of a double header so all the stadium will be open

2:15pm kick off 17/3 Part of a double header so all the stadium will be open

gemkayem

For the remaining games we have 6pm or later kickoffs for all standalone games. It will still be damn hot on the Eastern side at that time but the second half at least should be better.

Hopefully that helps. I know it looks worse for the broadcast but as long as the people show up it shouldn’t matter really.

marinermick

Sun will also set later so nothing will change. In fact it will only get worse with hotter weather.

Last weekend will be the last time I sit in full sun when the weather is sunny and over twenty- eight degrees.

Meerkat

Sun will also set later so nothing will change. In fact it will only get worse with hotter weather.

Last weekend will be the last time I sit in full sun when the weather is sunny and over twenty- eight degrees.
Totally agree with you.

Disappointing by the club to put marketing before safety and wellbeing and that’s exactly what they did on Saturday. The forecast was known, we all picked it was going to be an issue. Hence many stayed home.

If it’s not reversed over Summer the cameras are still going to show an empty stadium.

Avoca

Totally agree with you.

Disappointing by the club to put marketing before safety and wellbeing and that’s exactly what they did on Saturday. The forecast was known, we all picked it was going to be an issue. Hence many stayed home.

If it’s not reversed over Summer the cameras are still going to show an empty stadium.
I agree. Moving the cameras to the eastern side (sun) seems better.

However, would a new communications suite need to be constructed?

ryan

That is a good summary. I had not looked at the schedule before i posted. It looks like it should not be too bad.

priorpeter

To my knowledge there is no broadcast gantry or infrastructure on the eastern side; can’t see stadium management wanting to shell out to install anything there as they’d lose a couple of corporate boxes in the process.
Even if stadium management did decide to put in the infrastructure needed for broadcast on the eastern side, I very highly doubt our broadcasters would use it. Trying to get any sort of shot filming into the sun at that time would be an absolute nightmare at best.
The other point to consider could be access issues - there are far less turnstiles on the western side, even trying to get a couple of thousand in on that side would be a complete shitshow (and a potential hazard in case of an evacuation, in which case there’s zero chance of the club being allowed to open up just the western side).

Thankfully the 6pm kickoffs will be much more merciful temperature-wise.

Stuartmcateer

make the a league 12 months with the men in the summer with the late kick offs and the women playing April to October. ??‍♂️. Double headers at the early / late rounds when the temps aren’t so extreme.

Kick off at 5:30/6:00 otherwise people would still complain that the game clashed with their/ their kids games. (Although I’m sure some would also still complain that it’s too cold at that time).

turbo

Moving the cameras to the eastern side (sun) seems better.
They won’t do that, they don’t do that at any grounds afaik. Makes the camera crew job a lot harder and end result poorer. Doubt the stadium is even set up to cater to it.

If they aren’t allowing stadium members who bought the expensive seats to use them there’s zero chance CCM allows it for our members. If they are you might have an angle to argue.

Last edited:

Big Dog

To my knowledge there is no broadcast gantry or infrastructure on the eastern side; can’t see stadium management wanting to shell out to install anything there as they’d lose a couple of corporate boxes in the process.
Even if stadium management did decide to put in the infrastructure needed for broadcast on the eastern side, I very highly doubt our broadcasters would use it. Trying to get any sort of shot filming into the sun at that time would be an absolute nightmare at best.
The other point to consider could be access issues - there are far less turnstiles on the western side, even trying to get a couple of thousand in on that side would be a complete shitshow (and a potential hazard in case of an evacuation, in which case there’s zero chance of the club being allowed to open up just the western side).

Regarding access they didn’t have an issue with it for the friendly against Wellington. And they wouldn’t consider filming from the Eastern side because like the supporters, you have to deal with direct sun in your lenses.
You’re right about the kick off times though. Hopefully that will help but I’ve no doubt it will affect numbers to the game. What is better for the girls, the game and community engagement? 5k on the Western side or 2k on the Eastern side which then looks like a poor crowd anyway.

finally retired

They won’t do that, they don’t do that at any grounds afaik. Makes the camera crew job a lot harder and end result poorer. Doubt the stadium is even set up to cater to it.

If they aren’t allowing stadium members who bought the expensive seats to use them there’s zero chance CCM allows it for our members. If they are you might have an angle to argue.
Well......there were quite a few people sitting in the top couple of rows on the western side....so the stadium allowed it for stadium membership, just not the normal ticket holders.

turbo

Well......there were quite a few people sitting in the top couple of rows on the western side....so the stadium allowed it for stadium membership, just not the normal ticket holders.
Then that's the angle I'd raise with the club. Do they want you to keep paying premium seat pricing or move over to the stadium membership since it appears those members were allowed in the shade.

gemkayem

Yeah last season some of the games at Macedonia Park in Perth were almost impossible to watch as the camera was looking into the sun, so all you could see was shadow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred