• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Sydos v Mariners

Big Al

Will play the 3 man midfield which allows niz to be the outlet for max and tapp or the cb’s direct to break the press.

Also nix showed how to break it and where the spaces are

Torres will be rested if the groin is a real thing.

2-1 to us

turbo

APL trying to guarantee Sydney make the finaks
No club is happy to see Evans, just different levels of unhappy. But Sydney are practically locked in for finals anyway. Perth x2, Jets, WSW & Bulls all decent chances for them without tampering needed. WSW and City a little bit tougher and they play each other so guaranteed to be points dropped there.

Ads

Take a draw against Sydney and Wellington and draw them into false sense of security and go into finals with wins against Adelaide, WU and Scum.

Stuartmcateer

The break came at a good time for some of our players with niggles.
I'm not fully sure that the break will be all good for us.

Yes some of the niggles get time to heal, but we were on a massive wave of momentum with our focus on playing twice a week.

Now we have switched off from that intensity and have to try to switch back into it for the next 6 weeks.

Hopefully it's seamless but I have my concerns. It's a potential banana skin.

pjennings

I'm not fully sure that the break will be all good for us.

Yes some of the niggles get time to heal, but we were on a massive wave of momentum with our focus on playing twice a week.

Now we have switched off from that intensity and have to try to switch back into it for the next 6 weeks.

Hopefully it's seamless but I have my concerns. It's a potential banana skin.
SFC were also on a pretty good run over the last 5 or 6 games as well

Coastalraider

There is actually a really simple way to combat Sydney, who undeniably are one of the strongest form teams in the comp. Respect their advantage for what it is.,, a real really effective press for 20-30 minutes.

Play long, remove their advantage until fatigue comes into the match, then outclass them. If we try and combat that press with playjng through, we are playing with fire. A little acknowledgement of their strength, some humility to change from what we did last time, and confidence that once their legs tire; we have the quality to beat them.

Big Al

There is actually a really simple way to combat Sydney, who undeniably are one of the strongest form teams in the comp. Respect their advantage for what it is.,, a real really effective press for 20-30 minutes.

Play long, remove their advantage until fatigue comes into the match, then outclass them. If we try and combat that press with playjng through, we are playing with fire. A little acknowledgement of their strength, some humility to change from what we did last time, and confidence that once their legs tire; we have the quality to beat them.
Also in the Wellington game they showed the vacant spaces available with red grids on the television. Basically go one way and they over load that side and if you can get to the opposite side you’re out and free so you can play out of it but it’s difficult.

Nix basically did what you said. Held on and only gave up 1 goal and came home stronger.

That’s SFC next evolution. To be able to go for longer or have a different plan fot the second half.

The derby was the only game Ive seen Sydney keep it going for 75% of the game and the early goals made it easier.

We need to protect the goal for first 30 minutes.
The back 5 could be played in the first half but I don’t think they should. It won’t help in getting out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred