• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Sydos v Mariners

Avoca

Sydney’s forwards were relentless. Many of their shots were wishful, even lacking in skill, but they still gave it a crack.

Edmondson had one good cross, but no one was there for support. Maybe it’s a fitness issue?

Technically we’re better, but cohesion is lacking. We need leadership up front, aggression & desire. Give Kuol more minutes.

FFC Mariner

Edmo aside this isn't Jackos squad.
He inherited Paull, DWH and Wilson. 3 duds.
Smith is cover for both RB and LB and we can't spare a 3rd spot for a left back.
Saying for a little while that one of Edmo or Torres need to go. They just don't gel snd Torres won't pass to him.
Alou isn't the answer either.
Another massive rebuild needed I expect

Ironbark

Last time we lost to Sydney, a long time ago now, we then went on our best run in forever. I hope there is a pattern here (and that they get knocked out by someone else in the finals because we haven't figured out how to beat them yet obviously)

Ironbark

Smith is cover for both RB and LB and we can't spare a 3rd spot for a left back.
Saying for a little while that one of Edmo or Torres need to go. They just don't gel snd Torres won't pass to him.
Which is a positive for next season you'd think

Coastalraider

I said earlier in the week some humility was needed - Sydney’s press is ridiculous, thinking we could just play our Normal game better and not respecting their style was an error.

Sometimes successful teams have ‘the loss they needed to have’, I hope this galvanises is on the run home.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
f**king Talay got us again with nearly the same stuff ....och well, onwards and upwards

Huddo

I said earlier in the week some humility was needed - Sydney’s press is ridiculous, thinking we could just play our Normal game better and not respecting their style was an error.

Sometimes successful teams have ‘the loss they needed to have’, I hope this galvanises is on the run home.

Problem is, I though 'the loss we needed' happened last time we played them

booney

Missed the game as up at Bluesfest.Kept abreast of the score and did not like final result.From the comments on the forum we again were outplayed and muscled out.

Big Al

Missed the game as up at Bluesfest.Kept abreast of the score and did not like final result.From the comments on the forum we again were outplayed and muscled out.
Pretty similar to last game against them but those scrappy goals off pressure they were missing in the first half. They had two sitters they missed.

Then storm had to come off because of an elbow to the head in a header that could have been red but i happy with the yellow as was no swing bit this meant Storms eye kept bleeding and we had to sub him off and then Lolley tore Paull apart and they scored 2 in 3 mins and we were cooked. Be lucky if we spent 10 mins on their half

Michael

Paull is fine and I’m confident he’ll come good in time. Patience needed there.
I still have confidence in big Eddy coming good. But I won’t hide if I’m wrong there. I agree on DWH and Wilson and also Alou not being the answer.

A rebuild was and is always coming. It’s not a negative thing. Perhaps a mistake was during the INTL break giving the lads a few days extra off resulting in some kind of flatness lastnight. But honestly after the run of games the boys needed rest. Sucks to lose as always but we’ll be fine and bounce back.

true believer

i think you flip your position like a janus .
jackson with that squad was top of the league .
we've been figured out .we need to adapt .
paull play well his previous 2 games . he was shit last night in a side ,where probably 8 of the 11
were mediocre.
i agree about edo .he hasn't found a sweat spot .
alou is the only answer up front .his total aggression is what we needed last night .

Ancient Mariner

The battle that was lost last night was in the midfield. Sydney did not run a high storming press like they did last time they just closed down the midfield with pressure on Max and Tappy and with close marking of any possible receiver.
We also made too many mistakes when we did have the ball, many due to pressure but others unforced. You cannot give away that much possession against a team like Sydney.
Storm looked like a right fullback playing on the left. This was noticeable when we had possession. An unfortunately forced positional change. Deserves credit for marking Lolley who ran riot when Storm was replaced.
With the midfield closed our wingers had few options in attack. Dokka was our only player who caused Sydney worries.
Torres is worrying me. Is it injury, confidence or something else? A groin injury can take a lot of time. We definitely need him on song for future games.
Playing Nizzy as a #10 with Max and Tappy in the centre has worked against weaker teams but was exploited last night. Nizz was wasted playing high and was easily shut down by multiple players when he sometimes got the ball. We really needed he and Max together to combat Sydney's game. I suspect Kuol as a #10 behind Edmo may have been better.
Paul showed he was lost as a fullback. In future I suspect Harry or Tappy should be the way to go if we are in a similar position in future. We desperately need back up for the left back position.

The person we missed most last night was Steve Corica. Talay is getting Sydney playing well at the right end of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred