• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM semi first leg v Smurfs away

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikinigirl

. regarding the commentary:

. I assumed we were getting Macca's version of impartial

. I wondered whether they were trying to 'toughen things up' for the non-football finals bandwagon viewer

. I figured the Sydney-bias was to pander to the 'big market'. the problem is, especially during the finals with more neutral viewers, that the majority of the league's fans are not Sydney supporters i.e. 11/12ths would be anti-Sydney (seriously, would anybody even have Sydney as their second team?)

FFC Mariner

. regarding the commentary:

. I assumed we were getting Macca's version of impartial

. I wondered whether they were trying to 'toughen things up' for the non-football finals bandwagon viewer

. I figured the Sydney-bias was to pander to the 'big market'. the problem is, especially during the finals with more neutral viewers, that the majority of the league's fans are not Sydney supporters i.e. 11/12ths would be anti-Sydney (seriously, would anybody even have Sydney as their second team?)
Great point. You tune into the AL because you are interested. So unless you are a Sydney fan you don't like them.
I suppose that as most of their fans didn't bother to turn up they were watching on TV

bikinigirl

Was watching the game with my 80yr old Mum. She saw Brattan and said who’s that bloke. I told her and she said he’s nothing but a whinging trouble maker. They need to get him off.
As fans we should give it to him every time he gets the ball next game

. maybe instead of the usual 'bboooooo!' everytime he touches the ball or goes near the ref it should be 'wwaaahhhhhhh'

. could even throw in the Sydney girls' crying eyes gesture for good measure

nero

We played Friday because that was the only realistic option. The ground was booked out Saturday and Sunday so the only way to have a longer rest post AFC was to swap weekends and lose our home ground advantage for game 2 - never going to happen.

I know this may be hard to take after years of being treated like a bad smell, but right now ‘if’ there is an agenda it’s towards us.. we are the favoured child.

Not only are we a success story, we will get a sell out crowd to the gf (or a big one to commbank like was rumoured to be the original plan). We are everyone’s second favourite team, so will drive viewers and digital reach.

We will get blanket media coverage like no other team if we win the comp due to the unprecedented treble, meaning significantly more exposure for the comp than if any other team wins it from here.

We also have the added benefit here of having a tiny operating budget - at a time when APL are slashing tv budgets. Don’t for a second think the APL wouldn’t like to walk into meetings being able to wave that fact in rich teams faces. Proof that reduced funding can still be successful.

Any way you look at it, it’s in the APLs benefit to have us win next week, host a GF, and win the comp.

It’s a strange situation to be in.
Great read.

Allreet?

You might be surprised. There are a handful on this forum with Sydney sympathies, including me.

Lots of us grew up in Sydney, have mates/family in Sydney and work in Sydney. I have mates in the Cove and used to stand with them in the first half - then go to Bay 17 for the second.

I moved up here in 2000 so when the league was announced I was immediately a Mariners fan, but SFC were also straight away my second team. I definitely want them to come second when they play CCM.

nero

Controversial call incoming but...

I actually wouldn't have minded going back to Commbank again. Plenty of pre-game venues in Parramatta, higher capacity and the idea of celebrating a Championship in the RBB's end before they do is golden...
We have to make it first so none of this is a factor yet, however, I hate to say it but im the same. I have a few mates who live in Newcastle like myself and some further north who want to come but arent members. It looks like it will be my family and my diehard mates who have come the most over the season. Depending on how many member tickets we get. Im hoping three per ticket.
I dont mind the idea of making it a weekend, staying down there and hitting the pubs early.
A home GF gives us a better chance of winning and in the end that is what we all want. Ignore above.

We have to get there first and the Sydney youth players filling in the missing 4 starting spots will be hungry.

Last edited:

pjennings

We have to make it first so none of this is a factor yet, however, I hate to say it but im the same. I have a few mates who live in Newcastle like myself and some further north who want to come but arent members. It looks like it will be my family and my diehard mates who have come the most over the season. Depending on how many member tickets we get. Im hoping three per ticket.
I dont mind the idea of making it a weekend, staying down there and hitting the pubs early.
A home GF gives us a better chance of winning and in the end that is what we all want. Ignore above.

We have to get there first and the Sydney youth players filling in the missing 4 starting spots will be hungry.
I'm not torn at all. I saw the AFL on the news yesterday where Geelong had well over 30,000 there at home (with a lesser population),

TBH I want to get to the stage where you the only way you are sure of getting final tickets is to be a member. I still maintain that if we had hosted the Grand Final we were meant to we would have a much larger membership today.

Tevor

I'm not torn at all. I saw the AFL on the news yesterday where Geelong had well over 30,000 there at home (with a lesser population),

TBH I want to get to the stage where you the only way you are sure of getting final tickets is to be a member. I still maintain that if we had hosted the Grand Final we were meant to we would have a much larger membership today.
Good point, need to have more importance on membership not a I’ll get tickets to the big matches only attitude. Could be good for there to be high demand and some miss out.

bikinigirl

You might be surprised. There are a handful on this forum with Sydney sympathies, including me.

Lots of us grew up in Sydney, have mates/family in Sydney and work in Sydney. I have mates in the Cove and used to stand with them in the first half - then go to Bay 17 for the second.

I moved up here in 2000 so when the league was announced I was immediately a Mariners fan, but SFC were also straight away my second team. I definitely want them to come second when they play CCM.

. aha !

. so the pro-Sydney commentary is pandering to you. Bastard !

adz

Staff member
giphy.gif

Ironbark

Anyone who was at the last game of last season or that home semi against Adelaide last season wanted more experiences like that.

A tangible benefit of a home GF is that it builds that kind of positive association with the team, the game, and the stadium -especially with irregular attendee - and would increase the membership base

Archie

Anyone who was at the last game of last season or that home semi against Adelaide last season wanted more experiences like that.

A tangible benefit of a home GF is that it builds that kind of positive association with the team, the game, and the stadium -especially with irregular attendee - and would increase the membership base
Would it be be too early to be selling memberships for next season at the gf if we make it?

MrCelery

Good point, need to have more importance on membership not a I’ll get tickets to the big matches only attitude. Could be good for there to be high demand and some miss out.
I think memberships should have some value, but I would prefer it that GF tickets (or even normal season match day tickets in a perfect world) go first to those that are season ticket members, not just $36 memberships. Season ticket holders invest far more into the Club than just members and should be rewarded accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred