• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

true believer

It will be Kingy for the GF I’m told.

No chance I’m sharing my code for tickets, even if I’m working and don’t need to buy. Be a member or don’t, but don’t beg for the benefits if you choose to not be a member.

f**k Sydney.

Faghani was atrocious.

I’m a little hungover and never drinking again for a week.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.
the leagues club is such a shit hole, we went straight home. so thank fully only mildly pissed

TED talk ? link ?

booney

Well we certainly know how to play without the ball.Credit to Sydney's pressing game which kept us pinned in our own half for the majority of 90 minutes.However we made it easy for them with poor passes and options.Faghani let a lot of niggling fouls go,particularly by FC ,which did not help.However no one in our team was able to hold the ball under pressure which has been a weakness in previous games.Victory will have seen this weakness and will niggle and foul us all night( Popa's teams do this anyway as a matter of course).

The other weakness is that none of our central strikers( Kuol,Edmo and Reec)have really shown much for most of the season-fair enough they do have to play on scraps mostly-but are not good at hold up play,win very few aerial duels and have not shown much shooting prowess.Edmo did work hard when he comes on and does make some good runs off the ball( not so much in this match as we were under the pump and defending desperately) but he is not dynamic.How we miss Jason Cummings.

Wombat

Funny how perceptions differ, maybe depending on where you sit. I thought he struggled and had one of the worst games I've seen from him. Knocked off the ball and dispossessed a lot, quite out of character but possibly because the ref was so shit.

I loved seeing a marked increase in ball speed and crisp passing when we came out after HT. I do think Jacko and Danny are very good at analyzing games while they are happening and adjusting accordingly. Not many coaches can do that well.
Thought he was good from Bay 17.

My MOM....

Kaltak 3pts
Dan 2pts
Faz and Danny 1pt.

FFC Mariner

It will be Kingy for the GF I’m told.

No chance I’m sharing my code for tickets, even if I’m working and don’t need to buy. Be a member or don’t, but don’t beg for the benefits if you choose to not be a member.

f**k Sydney.

Faghani was atrocious.

I’m a little hungover and never drinking again for a week.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.
This would make a good t shirt

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Funny how perceptions differ, maybe depending on where you sit. I thought he struggled and had one of the worst games I've seen from him. Knocked off the ball and dispossessed a lot, quite out of character but possibly because the ref was so shit.

I loved seeing a marked increase in ball speed and crisp passing when we came out after HT. I do think Jacko and Danny are very good at analyzing games while they are happening and adjusting accordingly. Not many coaches can do that well.
True about perceptions. No, Tapp was one of our best. Balard had three atrocious errors that all could have led to goals plus the non handball. Farrell was clearly MoM. His intercepts of brattan in particular was great. Kaltak and vuk great. Edmunson Better than Kuol. Theo worst on park. Danny absolutely blasted him twice.

Huddo

Last week:

"Excuses are for losers"
Ufuk Talay

8 day Later:

On the penalty decisions

"....So I just think sometimes we just go off a whim and make a decision of how we feel at that time"
Ufuk Talay

On the disallowed goal

".....The problem is that the game is about goals and the fans want to see goals, but we tend to go back up to that person in the box and rely on that person to make a decision.
And then we look at ways of how we can actually stop the goals from happening."
Ufuk Talay

On Courtney-Perkins penalty shout being ruled as “Incidental Contact”

"....We’ve had five players sent off in the first half this season, and haven’t spoken about anything like that. So for me, it’s just frustrating, and disappointing, to not get the outcome I think the boys deserve tonight."
Ufuk Talay.

Sounds like excuses.

style_cafe

Defense wins Championships.

After the first 15min onslaught SFC really didn’t trouble us to much apart from Offside goal.

I worry about our attack but we find a way.

Credit to the team to stay so disciplined last night in defence.

I thought Tapp was immense in the midfield and the back four and Danny unbelievable.
Tapp would have to get rookie of the year…

Tevor

Last week:

"Excuses are for losers"
Ufuk Talay

8 day Later:

On the penalty decisions

"....So I just think sometimes we just go off a whim and make a decision of how we feel at that time"
Ufuk Talay

On the disallowed goal

".....The problem is that the game is about goals and the fans want to see goals, but we tend to go back up to that person in the box and rely on that person to make a decision.
And then we look at ways of how we can actually stop the goals from happening."
Ufuk Talay

On Courtney-Perkins penalty shout being ruled as “Incidental Contact”

"....We’ve had five players sent off in the first half this season, and haven’t spoken about anything like that. So for me, it’s just frustrating, and disappointing, to not get the outcome I think the boys deserve tonight."
Ufuk Talay.

Sounds like excuses.
He is a hypocrite of the tallest order. Whinging about their reds when most were justified. He turned Corica’s losers into pressing thugs what else did he expect. He got more out the season than Corica would have and assume there will be a good clean out at Shitney in the off season. He hinted at that as well.

Big Al

Agree. Also you watch the replay later and it wasn’t what you thought etc.

I thought Tapp broke up alot of play. As for with the ball no one was good really apart from the defenders.

Meerkat

That certainly was early season Theo. Danny rightly shredded him.
Max was poor and got dug out by Tapp a few times.
However, we got it done.
Just
We are rewatching it now, but even live I thought Theo had a shocker. He’s still nowhere near quick enough and got beaten every time. I’m a big Theo fan but not last night.

I did think Kuol had one of his better games.

Maxy, I don’t know what happened but not his best showing and even Niz wasn’t brilliant.

Faz, Vuka, Kaltak and Hall kept us in it.

Big Al

We are rewatching it now, but even live I thought Theo had a shocker. He’s still nowhere near quick enough and got beaten every time. I’m a big Theo fan but not last night.

I did think Kuol had one of his better games.

Maxy, I don’t know what happened but not his best showing and even Niz wasn’t brilliant.

Faz, Vuka, Kaltak and Hall kept us in it.
Yeah theo was a step short all night but he tried hard apart from the deserved baking from Vuka.

Loving Vuka laying down the lawn. Has taken 2 souls recently but it was justified it wasn’t him being a dick. Effort and stupidity is not optional.

Koul’s confidence is slowly coming back and his effort has improved and he is earning his spot as the starter. However unfortunately for him he was asked to win headers with no one available for the flick ons or for second balls.

Niz has been ordinary or just out of the game for weeks (except last week he had a massive influence in scoring). since you know who left.

He doesn’t link at all well with Theo. Theo doesn’t give the ball back for give and goes

Last edited:

Huddo

Yeah theo was a step short all night but he tried hard apart from the deserved baking from Vuka.

Loving Vula laying down the lawn. Has taken 2 souls recently but it was justified it wasn’t him being a dick. Effort and stupidity is not optional.

Koul’s confidence is slowly coming back and his effort has improved and he is earning his spot as the starter. However unfortunately for him he was asked to win headers with no one available for the flick ons or for second balls.

Niz has been ordinary or just out of the game for weeks (except last week he had a massive influence in scoring). since you know who left.

He doesn’t link at all well with Theo. Theo doesn’t give the ball back for give and goes

I think nizzy is being put to far forward. He's getting removed from alot of the build up play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred