• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

true believer

. some of the things that really got me fired up were the yellows

. Danny's for standing when Sydney's bench had at least two up for most of the game. Ufuk was out of his box 80% of the time too. I suspect there will be more coming for Danny for giving the bird to the camera after the red

mrs TB was ropable over that
. Storm's after Faghani let play continue with two balls on the pitch

yep
. Faz's for time wasting when he was standing there waiting for a ball

. Doka's for kicking the ball in the air after Faghani had blown the whistle and pointed to the centre circle (8 minutes into the additional five)
the whistle was from the sydney crowd for the second time .
still faghanj to busy looking to see how good he looked on camera

. Doka was set for another until Faghani realised he was actually bleeding ... so Jacko had to cop it in lieu

bikinigirl

Nah, Storm's was 100% a foul. The 2nd ball came on when play was on - you don't stop play unless the 2nd ball is interfering. And, given Storm kicked it into play....that was silliness, I think just extreme frustration at the refereeing.

. I'll have to defer to your superior knowledge of the rules but Storm was probably thinking of how we were burnt before, as was i

pjennings

. some of the things that really got me fired up were the yellows

. Danny's for standing when Sydney's bench had at least two up for most of the game. Ufuk was out of his box 80% of the time too. I suspect there will be more coming for Danny for giving the bird to the camera after the red

. Storm's after Faghani let play continue with two balls on the pitch

. Faz's for time wasting when he was standing there waiting for a ball

. Doka's for kicking the ball in the air after Faghani had blown the whistle and pointed to the centre circle (8 minutes into the additional five)

. Doka was set for another until Faghani realised he was actually bleeding ... so Jacko had to cop it in lieu
To be honest - after watching the replay that is all that there is. The rest were correct calls (or at the very least not clear and obvious errors).

Brattan's handball was off the chest not the arm. Brian bounces off an offside Gomes before he tries (probably unsuccessfully to clear off the line - but there was not enough to even prove that).

The only real controversial one was when the ball hit Max. VAR deemed it was in a natural position. I suspect if Faghani had given it then it wouldn't have been overturned. So in that decision we were lucky he didn't call it.

Quick question for our refs. Does the ref have the remit to tell Danny to sit down. I thought IFAB ruled that only one person in the box should be standing. MJ was sitting down (having already received a yellow).

Last edited:

shipwreck

Do any players miss out on the GF because of accumulated yellows?

Can Danny be in the technical area for the GF?

Coastalraider

The scariest part about the Faghani performance and the way the players, coaches and crowd reacted was..

There hast been a ref allocated for the GF yet.

Michael

I'm reluctant. Stop blagging and be a member. I've already suddenly got demands for tix from fair weather "supporters" who never usually want to come. I'd rather be inviting people that might become members.
I was a member for 15years, the 2 I haven’t been is this season and last. Circumstances change, didn’t feel like a real member not being able to go to every home game.

finally retired

Nah, Storm's was 100% a foul. The 2nd ball came on when play was on - you don't stop play unless the 2nd ball is interfering. And, given Storm kicked it into play....that was silliness, I think just extreme frustration at the refereeing.

Doka's was so f**king harsh, ridiculous. And Danny's red card was disgraceful. I don't think Faz got booked though....

Also, how the hell wasn't that a foul on Doka? Not the kick in the head, that was just bad luck, but the charge behind
Didn't we get a goal disallowed for 2 balls on the field once?

PatientMariner

Alireza Faghani as the referee for this match will work in the Smurfs favour. Smurfs will hack the crap out of our midfield and he will let it go all night. Smurfs will be looking to break our counters when we do get through the press. Then someone will mouth off and get a yellow. Most frustrating ref in the aleague.
Didn't think he would be that bad!

Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen (and I've seen Matthew Breeze and Ben Williams). Some shocking calls against both teams!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred