• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

Big Al

I’ve said it before and been right so I’ll say it again, we just have to cope with the press and fight to play through and we will eventually be rewarded. Sydney’s whole game plan is reliant on pressing hard until a team makes a mistake and then hope some individual brilliance happens for them. Lolleys gone, Mak sucks. Caceres can be contained. Their DM’s are weak and backline slow.
Not underestimating them, I am totally confident in our boys though. Particularly our centre mid trio of Niz, Max and Tappy. They are elite.
They miss lolley badly but i think we had more composure as well and found the weak spots easier. Wasn’t perfect but was better. More of the same.

Scoring first would be huge and a clean sheet which we don’t have against Sydney would be perfect

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Aggregate score. Then if it is even, extra time and pens. So if it is a 0-0 draw, we would win the tie 2-1.
Well a draw means we win because of the win/loss, nothing to do with the scores.

What I was wondering is if...I'm not gonna say it...how about this..you know, let's say in another universe, on another planet, in another country, there's a bright green team that won the first leg 1-0, but the lost the second leg to a fluoro pink team 2-0, does that go to extra time or is the goal difference the tiebreaker? I know away goals aren't a thing, just not sure if GD is a tiebreaker.

EDIT: Missed where you actually gave me the answer in the first 2 words and I made the whole thing more complicated than it was because I forgot the term 'aggregate' :santa:

Last edited:

Meerkat

Well a draw means we win because of the win/loss, nothing to do with the scores.

What I was wondering is if...I'm not gonna say it...how about this..you know, let's say in another universe, on another planet, in another country, there's a bright green team that won the first leg 1-0, but the lost the second leg to a fluoro pink team 2-0, does that go to extra time or is the goal difference the tiebreaker? I know away goals aren't a thing, just not sure if GD is a tiebreaker.
GD doesn’t come into it at all.

If the first game is green team 1-0 then the 2nd game is 0-2, then the fluro pink team wins on aggregate of 1-2.

If the aggregate score is a draw, say 2-2 at FT in the 2nd, then it goes to extra time. Then penalties as a last resort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred