• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

Tevor

I’ve heard Brosque on a few podcasts and interestingly his word on Burgess is he isn’t very good at the press hence why he didn’t start on Friday night. Lacerda is a real problem for them as he does not handle pace well so for me Alou starts again. Hollman also a big loss as he has been their main bulldog in the mids who gets through a lot of work and disrupts play allowing the Brattan’s and Caceras to roam more and not be taken up pressing.

I don’t think we will change much to be honest, can SFC press us the whole game with this very different team I doubt it. If they don’t score early they will start to doubt themselves. An early goal and we are in for one heck of a battle.

style_cafe

He is the worst ref in the league. He lets everything go until he loses control of the game and then when someone has the nerve to question him about it he gives them a yellow card. He was the 4th official in the first leg and the first yellow card went to our assistant coach on the sideline. He will let Sydney kick us from pillar to post. He is terrible.
Totally agree. However, at least we all know what he is like,what his strengths are and what his weaknesses are. Our players just need to play to the whistle, keep their mouths shut and don’t retaliate.
As fans we also need to put pressure on Faghani by booing the shit out of his mistakes and Sydneys shithousery. His notebook isn’t big enough to put all of our names in…:popcorn:

turbo

You should plan around all refs as they all do something a little differently but it’s the unpredictability that’s a concern.
I agree to an extent you want to know their general views, who you can influence, etc but Faghani is the only one you need to really consider in your overall game plan either to not get caught out or commit more minor fouls.

JoyfulPenguin

Faghani's ref style definitely doesn't suit us and hopefully Jacko and Danny drill into our players what his style is. What he will and won't give fouls and cards for.

If we account for that we should have no problem dealing with him. I think only really Faz, Theo and maybe Maxxy will struggle with his style, but some pre-game focus on not looking for the soft fouls should alleviate that.

MrCelery

Ticketek just released extra seats in every bottom bay. However it is front row (restricted view) only.

Archie

Ticketek just released extra seats in every bottom bay. However it is front row (restricted view) only.
how will that work, will people just stand up the front, or were those seats just never previously being sold?

Big Al

I wonder if its worth dropping Nis back to the mids and starting Kuol and Edmo together?
Id be very tempted to bring Niz back in the 1st half and the move him forward later like we used to.

I think he has been a little quieter now AT is gone.

Theo doesn’t read run and react as well.

As for the two strikers I don’t think you can unless you are prepared to do it for 120m or you think Jing can influence the game enough as a sub.

I think mark will stick to the same team and stagger Alou and Ed.

VonBowellski

Id be very tempted to bring Niz back in the 1st half and the move him forward later like we used to.

I think he has been a little quieter now AT is gone.

Theo doesn’t read run and react as well.

As for the two strikers I don’t think you can unless you are prepared to do it for 120m or you think Jing can influence the game enough as a sub.

I think mark will stick to the same team and stagger Alou and Ed.
DWH's time to shine then?

bikinigirl

how will that work, will people just stand up the front, or were those seats just never previously being sold?
Never sold because they have the restricted view. Basically short people won’t see over the fence

. on the upper deck they usually aren't sold ... but they are not the only ones with a restricted view - ask me how I know

. the best part is security normally come along and clear out anybody sitting there because it is a 'safety issue' to have people in those seats ... of course there is no such issue when there is three times as many people in the stadium

Ancient Mariner

Faghani's ref style definitely doesn't suit us and hopefully Jacko and Danny drill into our players what his style is. What he will and won't give fouls and cards for.

If we account for that we should have no problem dealing with him. I think only really Faz, Theo and maybe Maxxy will struggle with his style, but some pre-game focus on not looking for the soft fouls should alleviate that.
Play it the same way as when we played Abdysh. The ref let everything go that game and we coped ok, did not dive, did not whinge. gave as good as we got.

Big Al

. on the upper deck they usually aren't sold ... but they are not the only ones with a restricted view - ask me how I know

. the best part is security normally come along and clear out anybody sitting there because it is a 'safety issue' to have people in those seats ... of course there is no such issue when there is three times as many people in the stadium
Safety never gets in the way of 💰

Michael

I’ve said it before and been right so I’ll say it again, we just have to cope with the press and fight to play through and we will eventually be rewarded. Sydney’s whole game plan is reliant on pressing hard until a team makes a mistake and then hope some individual brilliance happens for them. Lolleys gone, Mak sucks. Caceres can be contained. Their DM’s are weak and backline slow.
Not underestimating them, I am totally confident in our boys though. Particularly our centre mid trio of Niz, Max and Tappy. They are elite.

Tevor

I’ve said it before and been right so I’ll say it again, we just have to cope with the press and fight to play through and we will eventually be rewarded. Sydney’s whole game plan is reliant on pressing hard until a team makes a mistake and then hope some individual brilliance happens for them. Lolleys gone, Mak sucks. Caceres can be contained. Their DM’s are weak and backline slow.
Not underestimating them, I am totally confident in our boys though. Particularly our centre mid trio of Niz, Max and Tappy. They are elite.
In Friday nights game Tapp had a great game and now he knows what to expect from them as they had his measure in the first two games. Was a good learning experience for the lad and good to see he is overcoming it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred