• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 8 CFG Away

Ben10

Steely has become a very versatile player filling in at rb,lb and anywhere in the midfield.To add to that he is one one of the nicest guys you’d ever wish to meet. If he had a chance to settle in one position for a while he would kill it.
Put in a really good shift when he came on, seems like a confidence player. He's certainly capable, that left foot can pick a pass

Hello Sailor

Tapp is the guy.
I've only seen a couple of cameos from him and he looked good. While Nizzy did well at AM, Max and Harry didn't seem up to par. Maybe its because Max has such a close understanding with Josh. Its been a long time since I saw Max under such pressure and losing the ball like that

Forum Phoenix

As far as how it usually applies, I actually don’t think Steeie is a confidence player. Typically strong mentality and a positive disposition.

Though for awhile it seemed touch and go competing with Max and Niz, for mine he was always just a bit behind in the battle. And either way they won, That’s hard on a young player. And he’s obviously taken it so well.

He’s just a victim of being behind two great players who’ve left no way to overtake them as they’ve both only gone from strength to strength. But he’s improved a lot too from what I can see. And I was a doubter in so much as I wasn’t confident he’d be a too class A league level central midfielder. But I think he’s well on the way now.

while I’m on it Max, who I did always think had talent, but was worried he’d take too long to develop to the required level and that we’d get punished in the interim - (like Caceres) has been unbelievable. So impressed with him. Full credit to Monty, young players need to play to reach their potential. If Kuol had stayed I think he’d probably be a decent way in front of where he is now.

Forum Phoenix

I've only seen a couple of cameos from him and he looked good. While Nizzy did well at AM, Max and Harry didn't seem up to par. Maybe it’s because Max has such a close understanding with Josh. Its been a long time since I saw Max under such pressure and losing the ball like that
He was clearly tired. Mentally/ physically. And understandably. Freakish to play as well as niz did backing up like that.

Rising Sun

Asking Niz and Balard to back up after starting in the Philippines was insane, we're incredibly lucky there weren't more mistakes.

I also tend to doubt it came recommended by our Strength and Conditioning.
I also think it was a tremendous effort from Harry to play a full 90 in the Philippines sauna given he has not got many minutes in his legs this season and was nursing an injury earlier in the season (not sure whether that is on-going), and then backup with 45 on Sunday.

Insertnamehere

Asking Niz and Balard to back up after starting in the Philippines was insane, we're incredibly lucky there weren't more mistakes.

I also tend to doubt it came recommended by our Strength and Conditioning.
As an anecdote, a couple years ago I was playing reserve grade and masters football Afl. This involved training 2-3 times a week and playing 3 games a fortnight. Obviously fkn insane but something I wanted to do. It takes a huge effort of planning, esp for an old guy.

Brice would be all over this with load management for the guys who are to play the most minutes.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

As far as how it usually applies, I actually don’t think Steeie is a confidence player. Typically strong mentality and a positive disposition.

Though for awhile it seemed touch and go competing with Max and Niz, for mine he was always just a bit behind in the battle. And either way they won, That’s hard on a young player. And he’s obviously taken it so well.

He’s just a victim of being behind two great players who’ve left no way to overtake them as they’ve both only gone from strength to strength. But he’s improved a lot too from what I can see. And I was a doubter in so much as I wasn’t confident he’d be a too class A league level central midfielder. But I think he’s well on the way now.

while I’m on it Max, who I did always think had talent, but was worried he’d take too long to develop to the required level and that we’d get punished in the interim - (like Caceres) has been unbelievable. So impressed with him. Full credit to Monty, young players need to play to reach their potential. If Kuol had stayed I think he’d probably be a decent way in front of where he is now.
100% this. Arnies lament is that our kids don't get game time.
Ironic really as he doesn't play them either

pjennings

100% this. Arnies lament is that our kids don't get game time.
Ironic really as he doesn't play them either
He played youth here. I do expect an 'older squad' for the Asian Cup - but purely because I think he wants to horse trade with the managers for release of players for the U23 Asian Cup (non FIFA date) as a lead in tournament to to the Olympics.

After the Asian Cup I expect that all things being equal the younger player will win on FIFA dates. That said - they have to be as good or better. i.e. We have better goalkeepers than Redmayne (but Glover isn't one of them) such as Gauci and AMB among others.

Ryan, Thomas, Behich, Wright, Degenek, Luongo, Dougall, Jeggo, Irvine, Boyle, Goodwin, Duke, Maclaren, Taggart & Leckie will all be in the 32-35 age group by the next World Cup.

Anyone bolded I don't think will be used after the Asian Cup. The rest will be in the mix but only if they are better than the alternatives. I can see Ryan, Duke and Boyle possibly making the next World Cup but the rest will struggle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred