• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 4 - Mariners v Roar 5pm Sunday 12th

marinermick

Won't be popular but I didn't think it was a pen. He was clearly looking for it and the ball was so far away from him if he hadn't deliberately fallen over he wouldn't have got to the ball anyway.

Could do with watching a replay though, only saw it live.

Not an unpopular opinion. Most people I spoke to thought it was no penalty. Clear dive and he was lucky not to get his second yellow from it.

gemkayem

Kuol was not a significant amount.

I think wheras Monty had this magical ability to make something out of very little, our owner wants to make something out of nothing, with nothing. Wonder if he’s realised yet it won’t happen.. especially without the magician.
Significant compared to the others I mean, who were mostly free agents? We had to pay a fee for Kuol I thought?

midfielder

My biggest concern occurred roughly 15 minutes into the second half.

The lack of off the ball running in attack and instinctive tracking back in defence to close down space ..... we looked a side with players trying to win the game so many shots from outside the box well off target.... Theo mate look up and pass the ball.....

As I looked at the crowd the concern I had was RP wants an 8k average.... as a key metric to buy the club...

For the rest of the game I studied the team, only Danny, Faz, Nizzy, Max, Tulio, maybe Kaltak are lets say quality, then Strom, Koul [getting better] the rest don't IMO look A-L level.

Is this team and this coach capable of drawing an 8k average...

pjennings

We've won worse records than that but they were all Wilson's fault..........
Australia Cup Paull. First AF
Can someone explain the rules on Steele red card

The contract is no doubt high and red on it’s own but how does the foul by Bergour who clips Steele left leg twice not effect Steele balance and there challenge.

Should that not negated Steele high foot
And pulled his shoulder.

Forum Phoenix

Cue the unwarranted pissing and moaning on here, and worse on other socials.

We played well, against a quality team, and after the week we've had. Exhausted and some poor luck. Could easily have won.

On that display we'll start winning games soon

But, emotions are about to dominate, pessimism will fly, and the whining is about to get out of control. Please temper it. We were actually pretty decent.
I’ll just repost this and save time posting. Cheers IB.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

This is the biggest issue you have highlighted - the speed of attack. Last season we would break so quickly and just roll off each other in attack. Now it is much slower.

The transition moments of play are killing us; BPO to BP is too slow and we don’t defend well enough in BP to BPO.

BP is passable and this is why people think we look good. However without a fast and effective BPO to BP we are making it easy for a team to set up an effective defence.

Conversely we are fine in BPO but getting caught out in BP to BPO.

Transition is the hardest to coach and the hardest to have a plan and structure. Monty excelled best in the transition phases for his team. Jackson is so struggling in these areas.

We have fast and mobile players that should excel in the transition moments but it appears the structure and tactics we have are holding them back.

Anyone who thinks we are looking good are way off the mark and clouded by our BP moments.

Fact is, is that we have had zero improvement against some of the weakest teams in the comp from round one to round four, and this is a major concern.

Jackson crying foul from game play and referee for all four games now is also not warranted. You get unlucky one game, maybe two and rarely three, but four losses is a pattern of failure. Last week it was the player’s fault, this week the ref. Next week he will blame FFC Mariner for having multiple forum handles.

A bad tradesman always blames his tools.

Kuol could have had 3 and this conversation never happens. Do agree we can be quicker but we’re still getting plenty of penetrations and opportunities in our opponents final third.

Out three main issues today were fatigue, finishing and depth. Of which we have none.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
My observations.....

Smith and DWH are NPL level players, simply not good enough. Ship them out in Jan.

The defence is soooo shaky, apart from Faz.

Farrell was outstanding. Kaltak does some brilliant stuff but just doesn't do the simple defensive things right. Storm and Paull are not great defenders......their respective ages partly being the issue. Again we were missing Triantis massively.

Maxy had a fantastic game and outshone Niz today.

I didn't understand the logic of bringing on Steele in the first place.

Kuol is starting to look the business and is our only sharp object up front.

Theo's run was outstanding and was clearly a penalty. Go 2.1 up and its a different game.

Wilson did a bit better and played two lovely cross-field passes. Missed an easy header that even i would have buried (at 10yo).

3pts Max
2pts Faz
1pt Kaltak

That ref was frigging woeful.
Yep, What Wombat said :thumbup:

Stuartmcateer

I doubt we will sack Jackson before New year or even this season
If we don’t beat Terengganu, and we are still winless in the league then something will have to happen.

I’m all for giving him time under the circumstances he arrived. And he has had cup games/ travel that have impacted the time on the training pitch to get his ideas across.

But he has now had a month so the next 2 weeks of free time will make or break him.

I’m not expecting us to put on that GF performance every week or win every game but a bit of a move to an actual identity and style of play would be nice.

It’s not enough to say we have had a few more good moments or that we are towelling up sides in the cup that would struggle in the local comp.

Allreet?

Won't be popular but I didn't think it was a pen. He was clearly looking for it and the ball was so far away from him if he hadn't deliberately fallen over he wouldn't have got to the ball anyway.

Could do with watching a replay though, only saw it live.
Despite being in Bay 17 I thought it was a penalty - horrified when it was overturned.

Was also horrified when Kuol was taken off - he was the only one looking dangerous and the Weasel Hole did nothing. I honestly thought there was a player there before he joined us.

Nizz's passing in the final third was way below his usual standard and why FFS won't he take a shot?

Overall, looked a lot more urgent than previous. Did not deserve to lose that.

crock

If we don’t beat Terengganu, and we are still winless in the league then something will have to happen.

I’m all for giving him time under the circumstances he arrived. And he has had cup games/ travel that have impacted the time on the training pitch to get his ideas across.

But he has now had a month so the next 2 weeks of free time will make or break him.

I’m not expecting us to put on that GF performance every week or win every game but a bit of a move to an actual identity and style of play would be nice.

It’s not enough to say we have had a few more good moments or that we are towelling up sides in the cup that would struggle in the local comp.
That's proably fair enough but tbh it would be difficult to find a decent replacement if we did sack him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred