• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 4 - Mariners v Roar 5pm Sunday 12th

Huddo

Posession based?? Maybe check the stats. Before they lost a player we were well down on posession. The first 20 mins it was 80 20 against us.

Mate the point with reference to 'Possession based' is a reference to protecting possession at a cost of impetus, it has nothing to do with possession of the ball.

We'd win the ball, press to the middle third, and turn the ball back, pure shit.

Insertnamehere

Torn about this game. We played some shit hot passages. But mostly abject dross. Should have scored 2 in the first 10mins but can't defend the counter. Moved the ball around well in their final third then pumped a long shot about 20m above the goal.

There's the ghosts of last seasons style there but whether we're trying to ball that or change our style I dunno. Playing like a team who have just been whacked together.

turbo

Stop it. The shit Wilson is coping is making us look like absolute dicks. He's got skills. He just needs to be played in the right spot.

f**king thought Wilson got us the goal there
Firstly it was an observation about the general reaction around me to him coming on. I’m not in bay 16 so the sentiment must be relatively widespread.

Secondly I barely gave him any flak. He wasn’t energetic or direct enough, did put in a couple of decent switches but he wasn’t going to drag us to a point like you want a fresh sun to do, and that’s before we even look at how many times he ran himself offside unnecessarily. I want him to succeed and was excited when he joined but it’s just not working atm.

marinermick

Waddingham...... Great to see young Australian strikers doing well.

Looking at the stats we should have won that. More shots and more shots on goal. With the way this comp is going we can still make the finals and the way we are playing we can still win it. New gaffer and new team literally weeks out from the start. I'll take a shit season with a continental trophy. We are still playing great football.

Sounds like the same old diatribe I heard when we had Okon

turbo

I really thought they were checking the foul that clipped Steele but I firmly believe that wasn’t even in the consideration.
I was really disappointed that it doesn’t seem to matter Steele was being pulled back and the contribution of the roar player behind him was ignored. Yes it was a bad tackle but if someone pulls you back slightly it throws everything out of whack and the natural reaction is the foot comes up,

scottmac

Suspended
I was really disappointed that it doesn’t seem to matter Steele was being pulled back and the contribution of the roar player behind him was ignored. Yes it was a bad tackle but if someone pulls you back slightly it throws everything out of whack and the natural reaction is the foot comes up,
Agreed. If it was a goal scoring opp, you go back to the first foul.

But that's not the case here. It was a very bad challenge no matter what happened before.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
that was better than I thought it was gonna be , but i didnt know Snore have done 4 kness so far
Harrys red was a tossed up, f**ked , never come down pile of doo doo , the frenchman dragged him into that angle...still, upwards and onwards

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred