• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM round 13 v cold hearted killers

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
moving seasons and too smaller grounds would be bonz
and I reckon the Roar moving to Ballymore would work , I’m sure the reds wouldn’t mind the rent, BUT the mob at Lang Park put on free buses that everyone thinks is the grouse and Herston is a bugger to get too unless your driving

Reactions: adz

Rising Sun

P
Even the smaller local grounds like jubilee and Leichhardt are owned by NRL clubs.

And half the NPL grounds are now synthetic and can't be used for a-league.
Pretty sure that both Kogarah and Leichhardt are owned by the local council. Even if they aren't, nobody is going to turn down bookings.

Commbank and Campbelltown only have 1 regular winter tenant. Allianz host the rugby as well as 1 NRL tenant. Suncorp the same but they also host a lot of Dolphins games. AAMI might be the most challenging with 4 regular tenants.

But it is doable, just means more work for the APL when they put the fixtures together.

marinermick

Doubt they would get a television deal for winter football.

Old NSL had to move to summer because winter crowds were crap. I was there and evening games were just unpleasant.

This is a mild inconvenience that happens rarely. When was the last one of our games was moved because of the heat?

Stuartmcateer

P
Pretty sure that both Kogarah and Leichhardt are owned by the local council. Even if they aren't, nobody is going to turn down bookings.
Owned maybe but the NRL clubs have control as the major tennant.

And do we really want to watch football on a wet Friday in July after the NRL have ploughed up the ground?

Archie

Doubt they would get a television deal for winter football.

Old NSL had to move to summer because winter crowds were crap. I was there and evening games were just unpleasant.

This is a mild inconvenience that happens rarely. When was the last one of our games was moved because of the heat?
Good point Mick, maybe we should instead just accept that it is highly unlikely we will ever be a winter comp and instead have the discussion of improved kick off time sheduling

Big Dog

People have to sit in the sun on a 27 degree day at women's game - everyone loses their minds.

Game gets moved because it's still going to be 35 at kickoff time - everyone loses their minds.
People weren’t going to HAVE to sit in the sun for the women’s game as it’s a double header and they can sit in the other stand. I feel a bit sorry for the girls as finishing a game at close to 11pm on a Sunday night will definitely impact on their support.

Stuartmcateer

People weren’t going to HAVE to sit in the sun for the women’s game as it’s a double header and they can sit in the other stand. I feel a bit sorry for the girls as finishing a game at close to 11pm on a Sunday night will definitely impact on their support.
The other stand is reserved seating. You can't sit there to escape the heat for the double header just because that side of the ground is open.

Yes the decision will impact the number that stay for the women's game but to be fair the late kickoff on a Sunday was going to impact that to a certain extent anyway.

The fact it's forecast to be an extra 10 degrees hotter than the women's games have been makes it the only choice they could have made.

My issue is that people have been blowing up about sitting in the sun for the women's games (not unreasonably) and are now blowing up because the game is being delayed for conditions that are predicted to be far worse.

You can't bitch that the club doesn't do anything and then bitch when they do.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred