• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

All of the ideas

adz

Staff member
Throw any ideas out there in this thread. Open for constructive criticism etc. Don't be afraid to just throw something out there, even if you think it's stupid. Maybe we can work with it and do something great with it.

Anything that gets picked up will get split off into a new thread if it's big enough.

The only guideline is it should be something that we, as fans of the club, can produce. Things like get a new owner, coach, players, or any rubbish that is out of our control will simply be deleted.

1599e06bd7b11b9d1e3d414c4cfb97bd3ad4ed044ac06d4ec5625cf4d0d224ec.jpg

Have fun :D

Big Al

Just read Jimmy post about people moving on through different social media appetites.

I am not sure how involved both in price and design but do we need an app?
People seem to be more about apps and maybe have forgotten to use the internet search or favourites pages etc.

If they had the app next to there twitter Facebook etc they may remember to visit

Also maybe people don't know you can use your mobile phone. I took along time to use my phone but find it easier for things like copying the team line up from twitter (mainly due to only have twitter on my phone not ipad).

The embedding of twitter posts and instagram was a great idea

Last edited:

Big Al

Also have a thought about a 3 2 1 style points for the game thread and we can tally and see who our player of the year was.

Not sure how you would tie it to the game thread or if would need to be a separate thread.

Each member can either just hand out a point to 3 different players and the highest total gets the 3 points, next highest gets 2 and then 1 for the week or members give 3 2 1 with same result.

It could be open from full time till say Wednesday when it closes and gets tallied for the week.

Then some sort of rolling score can be added.

Maybe more a strict voting only thread and discussion can be in the game thread.

Problems might be restricting each member to one vote but there is nothing to gain out of doubling up as is just an interactive function for fun

Big Al

Of your statistics Adz do you have usage by device. Not for me but for yourself

What % of users are using what

adz

Staff member
Lots of stats ;)
Number of sessions per device for the last few months...

Screenshot from 2017-06-01 14-04-32.png
Screenshot from 2017-06-01 14-04-52.png
Screenshot from 2017-06-01 14-05-10.png

Timmah

Yo @adz a thought (and I could be off the mark here) but is it worth having a dedicated sub-forum for all the match-by-match threads each week?

Reactions: adz

Timmah

Sub-forum of that forum would be my suggestion so its at the top when people jump in - assuming that's how the forum lays it out of course haha

Big Al

For sub forum to work it needs to have no capability to start a thread in there apart from the match which may mean an auto thread setup or something.

If you can start threads in their then the current Mariners thread with squad etc can become redundant.

While it’s a good idea it’s not really broken atm either

adz

Staff member
For sub forum to work it needs to have no capability to start a thread in there apart from the match which may mean an auto thread setup or something.

If you can start threads in their then the current Mariners thread with squad etc can become redundant.

While it’s a good idea it’s not really broken atm either

Yeah maybe some way of tagging the thread and having them show up in a subforum - so they are all in the main CC Mariners but also on their own without the clutter

Big Al

Sub forum looks neat and tidy.

The problem maybe trying to implement with those maybe going where is it I’ll just start it.

The WSW forum problem that I’ve seen is they have a person like yourself but they are controll freak and open and close game day threads late and early.

At the moment @Timmah does a great job of starting the threads and is excellent with appropriate timing. If he keeps on top of it then the sub forum could work and people will get used to while they have somewhere to be directed to. If the threads aren’t opened lets say @Timmah is on holidays then people might revert back to what we’ve been doing. This could cause confusion.
However it might be worth a trial to see how it goes.

Previously i had an idea about a 321 points per week to see our CCM fans players of the week or year. If this sub forum works could add a sub to each game for that. Now I’m getting to far ahead

VicMariner

Personally I don't see the need for a sub forum. Match day threads seem fine as is.

ETA Timmah is doing a great job btw.

Timmah

Appreciate the compliments, my nerdiness gets the better of me. On another forum I frequent I used to do similar - however that website and its forums now integrate so its a one-click automation.

I think the tags idea is a good one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred