• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFL Hooligans thread

adz

Staff member
This is disgusting! What will these AFL HOOLIGANS think of next?

TWO Australian sailors accused of attacking a Californian man in a drunken argument about sport and politics will stand trial in March.

Philip Graeme Ferres, 26 and Kolis Barba, 25, face a trial on March 14 on charges of assault and battery causing great bodily injury following an incident in San Diego in November last year.

Prosecutors said the men, while on shore leave from HMAS Sydney, attacked their victim after a row over the differences between gridiron football and Aussie rules football while at a party in San Diego.

The men also argued about politics in the Middle East.

Their alleged victim, Jeffrey Wilkinson, was left with a broken nose, broken rib, cuts that required 30 stitches and a damaged eye socket.

Mr Barba faces up to seven years in prison if convicted, while Mr Ferres faces nearly eight years, prosecutors have said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23106603-401,00.html

brett

I thought when AFL knobs gang bash someone they are only allowed to punch and kick between the hips and shoulders? :redcard:

Jimmy

I know there's someone on this forum that knows more about this than any press could tell you.
I've talked to them about this, and apparently the two guys are generaly soft, and that the guy that got bashed actually desrved it, and that the locals were happy that he was.

adz

Staff member
Jimmydinho said:
I know there's someone on this forum that knows more about this than any press could tell you.
I've talked to them about this, and apparently the two guys are generaly soft, and that the guy that got bashed actually desrved it, and that the locals were happy that he was.

come on mate this isn't about the "facts" or "reasoning", it's about sensationalising an incident to make a sport and fans of that sport look bad...

Jimmy

adz said:
Jimmydinho said:

come on mate this isn't about the "facts" or "reasoning", it's about sensationalising an incident to make a sport and fans of that sport look bad...

;D

On AM radio (dont remember channel) mid last week, the two hosts tried ringing heff for a suposed pre arranged interview, but he didnt answer.

So the two hosts continued on bagging out football for the next 10 minutes, i tried calling in the wankers but I couldn't get thru.

adz

Staff member
players getting in on the action now

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23119269-2,00.html

adz

Staff member
Carey faces jail ... in the US

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23129246-2,00.html

Police charge Eagles gun recruit

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23128446-23211,00.html

kepo

Tards these days
tard.gif

Tassiemariner

Eagles rotten culture revealed

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23213367-23211,00.html

WEST Coast will consider player minders and extra drug testing after finally admitting they haven't acted fast or hard enough on misbehaving players.

An independent review, commissioned by the club, carried out by former WA deputy Premier Hendy Cowan revealed a catalogue of 35 incidents of poor behaviour by 13 players in the six years up until December 2007.

And referring to a cabal of senior players whose arrogance influenced the entire club, assaults, drug and alcohol abuse, fraternising with underworld figures and even poor behaviour during drug testing were allowed to go almost unchecked.

"Many of the stakeholders interviewed, internally and externally, believe more should have been done by the club to investigate and to deal with these matters earlier and with more severity," the report said.

"This does not just relate to the allegations of drug use, but the broader attitude and behaviour of the player group."

The report was ordered after a disastrous year which saw drug addicted former captain Ben Cousins sacked, midfielder Chad Fletcher hospitalised in Las Vegas and Daniel Kerr repeatedly in trouble with the law.

Cowan and co-author, KPMG executive Steve Scudamore, spoke to more than 50 parties, including AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou, WA police commissioner Karl O'Callaghan, one ex-Eagles coach, 10 current players and parents of players.

And chairman Mark Barnaba said it was clear the club had not done enough when signs were there that player behaviour was reaching unacceptable levels.

"We did not act quickly enough and we did not act severely enough and we let our standards slip," Barnaba said.

"There is little doubt that the actions we took in the past neither changed the prevailing culture of the club nor materially improved the off-field behaviour of some of our players..

"The responsibility for this has to be shared evenly across all areas of the club.

"We had holes in the support structures ... a culture that was materially impacted by the arrogant and risk taking behaviour of some key members of the player leadership group and a club where there was a betrayal of trust between some of the players and the administrators."

But with the report concluding that various actions taken since November 2006 - when senior Eagles officials accepted privately they had a serious problem - that huge improvements have been made.

"The report has come to the conclusion that we are well on track, and the initiatives we have taken have placed us well to go forward," Barnaba said.

Among 18 recommendations is that the club further investigate the use of personal security/minders for players attending public events considered "high risk"

"This would be aimed at assisting the prevention and management of any issues that could occur. We understand the Club is currently considering a number of options in this area," the report said.

Cowan also recommended the club establish protocols for eliminating player connections with underworld figures and "undesirable hangers on" and finalise a pay structure for chief executive Trevor Nisbett and coach John Worsfold linked to the achievement of 'off-field goals'.

The report also said the Eagles should also investigate with the AFL possible additional targeted drug testing of West Coast players, and general changes to an AFL player contract to reward or punish good or bad behaviour.

"We have not spoken to the AFL and the AFLPA ... but I am certain they will pay attention to the report. I don't think a lot of these recommendations will happen overnight, it will take time," Barnaba said.

A second report into the Eagles, ordered by the AFL and carried out by former Victorian High Court justice William Gillard, is due to be discussed by the AFL Commission in the coming days.

AAP

adz

Staff member
Corruption in AFL

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23315813-23211,00.html
Roosy, this is serious

By Mark Stevens
    March 04, 2008

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou has strongly backed the investigation into Paul Roos, declaring the NAB Cup carries the same weight as the premiership season under rules designed to stamp out match-fixing.

Roos is facing a maximum penalty of $100,000 and an indefinite suspension if investigator John Winneke rules he has a case to answer for urging one of his own players to help throw a game.

Although the Sydney coach will be hit with a lower-grade sanction if found guilty, Demetriou last night indicated Roos would be given no favours simply because the alleged breach came in a low-key pre-season match.

"The rules are put in place because there are people who actually bet on these games," Demetriou said. "It wouldn't have mattered whether it's NAB Cup or home-and-away or whether NAB were sponsoring or not, Adrian (Anderson) would have conducted the same process."

The AFL asked Roos for his account following allegations he instructed Swan Jarrad McVeigh to help ensure Sydney lost its first-round NAB Cup clash against Hawthorn.

Anderson, the AFL's football operations manager, acted on a report from an interchange official who alleged Roos instructed McVeigh using words to the effect of: "Go forward, just don't kick a goal."

Winneke, a former president of the Victorian Court of Appeal, is expected to hand down his finding by the end of the week.

The Swans were only two points down with less than two minutes left in the match in Launceston when Roos sent McVeigh out on to the ground. They did not score again.

Roos, who has been rocked by the claims, has held talks with AFL Coaches' Association chief executive Neale Daniher.

"I've been in touch with Paul. But I have no comment as the investigation is ongoing," Daniher said.

Winneke has started interviewing several witnesses. Sydney players Ryan O'Keefe, Nick Davis, Jude Bolton, Lewis Roberts-Thomson and Martin Mattner were nearby on the bench at the time of the alleged comment.

The interchange officials at the game were Wade Stewart and observer Michael Davis.

Demetriou confirmed the rule at the centre of the investigation came under the league's tough anti-gambling/match-fixing umbrella.

Anderson wrote to the Swans explaining the rule involved, but Demetriou played down suggestions Roos would be hit with a sledgehammer.

"I know how people love making things out of how much the maximum is (under the rule), but I don't think we need to jump to any conclusions until we get to the bottom of it," Demetriou said.

The maximum is designed for players and coaches who benefit financially from throwing games.

Anderson has left on a study break, so Demetriou will oversee the investigation. Demetriou strongly denied the inquiry was part of a vendetta against Roos and the Swans.

"Adrian received a report. He looked into the report and he got more information," Demetriou said. "As a result of that, he decided to seek clarification from the Swans.

"He has gone about the process as he would have any other, regardless as to what club, what person, it doesn't matter."

Demetriou said he had not spoken to Roos since the investigation first began.

Sydney has a reputation for not taking the pre-season cup seriously and started as the $41 outsider with TAB Sportsbet before the cup kicked off.

TAB Sportsbet took bets on the Swans totalling $1800, the least of the 16 clubs, before the cup.

serious14

This was posted on the Sydney FC forums, and it lead to rational, well worded debate.

It was subsequently posted on the "Big Footy" forums - have a read and enjoy the racist, fearful bile that spewed forth.  The ignorance of some of these people is scary......

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422890&page=1

marinermick

Ugly Crowd Brawl At Nab Cub Grand Final

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugly crowd brawl sours Geelong NAB Cup final

March 14, 2009 12:00am

AT least two people were arrested in a bloody confrontation between supporters at last night's NAB Cup final at Docklands.

Geelong got their season off to a flyer with a thumping win against Collingwood at Docklands.

But the night was soured for many fans when police struggled to stop a brawl between two groups of supporters.

At least two people were arrested in the bloody confrontation at Docklands stadium.

Marcus McKenna was sitting right next to the fight when it erupted in the third quarter.

"It was all in. People were coming from everywhere," he said. "There was no where near enough police.

"At one point there was just one police officer trying to drag out one guy and it was getting pretty nasty."

Andrew Woods, of St Albans, said at least eight fans were dragged out by police.

"It was very intimidating, these guys were very aggressive and no one knew what they were going to do next."

Robert Centofanti, of Thomastown, said it was a night he'd rather forget.

"A guy spat blood all over my arm. The police officer was dragging him out and I think he was aiming for someone else but it hit me," he said.

"It was horrible, I had to go into the toilets and wash it off."

One police officer, who asked not to be named, said it was the worst footy brawl he had seen.

"It was out of the ordinary. Every single unit in the ground got called and I don't ever remember that happening before," he said.

The action on field wasn't so fiery, with 37,277 fans treated to a one-sided spectacle for most of the match.

Scores were level at the first change but the Cats soon took charge, leading by 40 points at half-time and running out easy victors by 76 points.

While Geelong fans were keen to talk up their pre-season victory, Collingwood supporters played down the significance of the NAB Cup.

Katherine Maclagan, of Rokeby, said it wasn't a real game. "It's just a warm-up," she said.

Nikita Hall, of Glen Waverley, said she wouldn't lose any sleep over the result.

"We have already proven we can beat Geelong and we will do it again," she said.

For Geelong fans it was the first step on the road to redemption after last year's shock Grand Final loss to Hawthorn in the season proper.

Rebecca Costa, of Williamstown, said it was an awesome performance by Geelong.

"They are at the top of their game and we are going to win the going to win the flag," she said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...34-661,00.html

loyalist

Collingwood ultraz!
Very brave having a biff on level 3 there. Farken scary enough just standng up there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred