• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC U23 Asian Cup

FFC Mariner

I can see the red. Reckless and the sort of thing an Asian referee will always give.
Mind you he wanted to.
The penalty was a disgrace. An Evans special.
Didn't give it. VAR called him back and he took ages to decide to back himself.
That's why VAR needs to be able to over rule these clowns/thieves

Big Al

I can see the red. Reckless and the sort of thing an Asian referee will always give.
Mind you he wanted to.
The penalty was a disgrace. An Evans special.
Didn't give it. VAR called him back and he took ages to decide to back himself.
That's why VAR needs to be able to over rule these clowns/thieves
Yeah not sure just because he had his foot on the ball it stops it being red but very tough call and VAR went looking to make it one.

We looked great early and Yengi was playing really well

turbo

Yeah not sure just because he had his foot on the ball it stops it being red but very tough call and VAR went looking to make it one.

We looked great early and Yengi was playing really well
If he doesn’t step on the ball and slip he wouldn’t have gotten near the other blokes leg. Could have hurt himself just as easily as the other guy. It wasn’t excessive force or brutality at best it was careless which is a yellow.

FFC Mariner

If he doesn’t step on the ball and slip he wouldn’t have gotten near the other blokes leg. Could have hurt himself just as easily as the other guy. It wasn’t excessive force or brutality at best it was careless which is a yellow.
Which is exactly what Evans gave. Was called back by VAR (after restarting play!!) then decided they were right.
For the penalty, he went for the cash and decided to ignore VAR.
What was draw/both teams to score/ red card paying just as a matter of interest.

Ben10

Brook is frustrating for sure but has bucket loads of potential and actually runs at players which is rare for an Aussie player. It's the composure and decision-making he lacks, which may or may not come with experience. May also be a confidence thing, a couple of goals would be good for him.

Ironbark

In both games great runs were consistently being ignored/under-utilised in the centre. Quite notably I thought Kuol barely touched the ball in the first half an hour of either game. He presented and made good runs but no-one went there.

For a while I wondered if there was more to it then realised it's probably more about the team not knowing each other that well. Whereas at CCM everyone knew that a Kuol can make the extra half yard almost against physics I think these lads are yet to realise such a pass is not only on but will work with fireworks

FFC Mariner

In both games great runs were consistently being ignored/under-utilised in the centre. Quite notably I thought Kuol barely touched the ball in the first half an hour of either game. He presented and made good runs but no-one went there.

For a while I wondered if there was more to it then realised it's probably more about the team not knowing each other that well. Whereas at CCM everyone knew that a Kuol can make the extra half yard almost against physics I think these lads are yet to realise such a pass is not only on but will work with fireworks
As we morph into the Kuolaroos the tactics will become "you 10, just give him the ball"
Sadly that's not what the curriculum teaches

Tevor

Exactly what I noticed as well. Brook was a serial offender, he clearly does not lift his head. Seen him make good runs forward to then stop and look around and take so long he loses the ball and meanwhile all the others have made their runs and were now off side. I also feel there is a bit of the good old hog the ball mentality going on, Yengi wanted to score bad and totally ignored everyone's runs but then I don't think passing is a strong factor for him either.

Rich, Alou and Francois are clear stand outs, I thought Miller, Faz and Peupion looked pretty solid as well. Still not sold on Yengi, he goes well in the A league were he monsters people and gets away with it however that does not always suit International football. It was a harsh red and I feel he made it worst the way he lunged at the ball.

Rich misses the next game for two YC's so Bility will need a big game and looked Ok but seems prone to an odd brain explosion. Courtney-Perkins was not much chop and was caught out not marking his man a few times, especially for their goal.

Overall I've enjoyed watching them play and mostly because of our boys over their representing CCM.

turbo

Still not sold on Yengi, he goes well in the A league were he monsters people and gets away with it however that does not always suit International football
His frequent fouling and physicality, especially in Asia where he will be taller and broader than most opponents, doesnt lend itself to benefit of the doubt. Shouldnt have been a red but he is a bit of a yellow card magnet. We saw him cop an early one in the second leg of the semi against City and his presence really diminished as a result.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred