• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A question for goalkeepers

Jerem

I’ve never understood how a goal like mcgarrys at the weekend is not saved considering a goalie like guaci capacity his height and positioning, to just drop a knee lile
That?

Could you enlighten me?

scottmac

Suspended
I’ve never understood how a goal like mcgarrys at the weekend is not saved considering a goalie like guaci capacity his height and positioning, to just drop a knee lile
That?

Could you enlighten me?
The answer is no one is perfect, even the best of the best. Also you can face the last thing you'd expect at any particular time.

He really shouldn't have saved the point blank shot from Cummings but he did.

Jerem

The answer is no one is perfect, even the best of the best. Also you can face the last thing you'd expect at any particular time.

He really shouldn't have saved the point blank shot from Cummings but he did.
Wasn’t a criticism, just don’t understand. An I’m not a keeper

Allreet?

As the chap who wrote the book on goalkeeping... (ahem)...

The shot was taken early, hit extremely well, and Gauci may been slightly unsighted.

Years ago I was playing a state league match at Macq Uni. A shot was hit from about 25 yards and I just waved my hand at it as it was travelling over...

Alas, as the ball went past me I sensed it was dipping late...

After my elaborate flourish, waving the ball into the net, I tried to explain to my disgusted team mates that no-one is perfect but...

Ancient Mariner

As the chap who wrote the book on goalkeeping... (ahem)...
Hmmmm.
I do remember reading a wonderful partial biography, you wrote, about Australia's probably most talented goalkeeper, who sadly, never received the recognition he deserved in this country and who today is largely forgotten except by a few who have learnt of him through your researches.
I am sure there are others, like me, who would be interested to hear the continuing story of this amazing footballer's journey.

Michael

That?

Could you enlighten me?
It’s usually a case of being caught out and then that’s a matter of opinion if that’s a mistake or just how it is

I thought the movement and power and keeper not expecting a shot from there on the players “weaker” foot is what caught gauci out

Allreet?

Hmmmm.
I do remember reading a wonderful partial biography, you wrote, about Australia's probably most talented goalkeeper, who sadly, never received the recognition he deserved in this country and who today is largely forgotten except by a few who have learnt of him through your researches.
I am sure there are others, like me, who would be interested to hear the continuing story of this amazing footballer's journey.
Yes, if only he had received the recognition he deserved...

I do get constant requests for his further adventures, but not (alas) from publishers. Maybe you could start a petition and send it to Fair Play Publishing (they do football books).

I've written about 60 pages of the sequel but it's a lot of work and I have been busy with other projects also.

I can at least reveal that the sequel is two linked novellas: Senor Cleansheets - partly set in Spain; and Cleansheets San - where Eric comes back to Australia to play for the Mariners in the ACL and gets mixed up with the Yakuza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred