• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Hope?

Ancient Mariner

I heard a rumour at the game that we will be signing a marquee in Jan. What would you like to see?
A fullback?
A striker?
A real #10?
Or (what a waste of a marquee) a keeper?

Big Al

Another midfielder. Getting smashed in there.

Keeper we are so weak but Mulvey had a chance already to change that and blew it. No way have a marquee keeper.
Especially as a half decent one would be a better option.

Coastalraider

Sign a marquee 10.

We have a midfield imbalance currently, regardless of yesterdays result we haven't been able to defend the middle 3rd well enough, or link the back 3rd to our dual strikers all season.

Signing a 10 would hopefully switch us to playing 2 DMS and McCormack as sole striker, with Matty coming on for impact at the end of games. We are severely underutilising McCormack - we have the best striker we have had for a LOT of years, and he is getting no service in our current formation.

We should be looking to add both a RB and a 1st choice keeper, but I don't think we should be spending marquee money on either of those positions.

turbo

We need to work out how to use what we have before worrying about signing anyone. We're the best we've looked in years on paper but aren't getting the best out of many of our players whether they're new or old. Unfortunately keeper is the main position that might not improve, is it too late to put a call in to Necevski or someone else with more confidence?

Forum Phoenix

Our biggest issue is keeper. But who buys a marquee keeper.

Our second biggest issue is link play. A world class ten would help.

I can’t see us spending on a marquee.

If we’re foung great. We don’t need one. If we’re doung poor. It’s a waste of cash,

For mine if you want a narquee, spend at the start of the season and build them into the team properly. Jan is a silly approach.

Forum Phoenix

Also I keep reading about McCormack not being utilised.

He’s not fully fit yet and has not been with the team for very long. I think those two factors are the lions share of why he’s not effective yet as opposed to our system.

How many tines did you see him present or make runs but was ignored? I didn’t even see one

Big Al

He’s not fully fit yet and has not been with the team for very long. I think those two factors are the lions share of why he’s not effective yet as opposed to our system.

How many tines did you see him present or make runs but was ignored? I didn’t even see one
The system is not using him. Fitness is a concern but while he has supreme skills he is not a 10 and if he is give it to him every time not hoofed to Simon and hope for the next ball

pjennings

I saw a few where he wanted it through to him but it went our wide - particularly to the left. You could tell he was frustrated by it but he didn't make too much of a fuss. It is early days but I would prefer to see him up front.

scottmac

Suspended
I saw a few where he wanted it through to him but it went our wide - particularly to the left. You could tell he was frustrated by it but he didn't make too much of a fuss. It is early days but I would prefer to see him up front.
McCormack only got the ball to his feet when Hoole came on. Without someone like him we have no connection to the front yet through midfield.

Forum Phoenix

I missed that then. Agree rather him up high.

But like I was saying I think there’s bound to be a lack of understanding this early in and that doesn’t at all surprise that he wasn’t seen.

I also agree with scottmac re link play and Hoole, but Ross looked pretty listless to me.

No doubting his quality but I like a player to make their presence felt. I don’t think he did. And Im not sure that’s all just on everyone else.

Last edited:

Offsider

I missed that then. Agree rather him up high.

But like I was saying I think there’s bound to be a lack of understanding this early in and that doesn’t at all surprise that he wasn’t seen.

I also agree with scottmac re link play and Hoole, but Ross looked pretty listless to me.

No doubting his quality but I like a player to make their presence felt. I don’t think he did. And Im not sure that’s all just on everyone else.

There seems to be confusion as to where to attack and how .......... in the air “hail mary” to simon ........... whereas Mc Cormack likes it to foot.

The end result is nothing.:-|

Forum Phoenix

Yeah agree, that’s how it looked.

But if we keep losing the midfield battle there will be very little ball to feet. Even if it’s a clearly understood plan.

Wombat

We need to work out how to use what we have before worrying about signing anyone. We're the best we've looked in years on paper but aren't getting the best out of many of our players whether they're new or old. Unfortunately keeper is the main position that might not improve, is it too late to put a call in to Necevski or someone else with more confidence?

Necevski..................what you smoking bro???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred