• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League V4: More Subs?

brett

One pet wish for the new A-League season would be more subs on the bench for each game.

I'd like to see it go up from 4 to 5...or why not 7?

a) It gives the manager a bit more choice tactically. I don't think anyone would be adverse to that.

b) More importantly, we now have a youth squad to choose from. It would be great to be able to sit one or two of these guys on the pine each week. Being in and around the A-League experience could only help show them what is required out there...and also on occasions when a team is winning comfortably, the youngsters could be given a few minutes to help their development.

Has anyone read anything about this happening?

marinermick

brett said:
One pet wish for the new A-League season would be more subs on the bench for each game.

a) It gives the manager a bit more choice tactically. I don't think anyone would be adverse to that.

b) More importantly, we now have a youth squad to choose from. It would be great to be able to sit one or two of these guys on the pine each week. Being in and around the A-League experience could only help show them what is required out there...and also on occasions when a team is winning comfortably, the youngsters could be given a few minutes to help their development.

going to five would be good

i suppose the biggest consideration is the cost of travel for the extra subs

skilbeck

Another sub or two would be good to warm the bench. IMO it shouldve come in last year with the expansion of the squad from 20 to 23.

midfielder

brett said:

I assume the youth league is travelling ............... ???? If so there is no reason why not. Apart from the Nix ............ and if new teams will also have youth leagues ? ?

RADINHO

True for subs is silly unless if you have four Versatile utilities and You also have to start the game with sub goalie on bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred