• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Team of the Year

midfielder

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/players-pick-their-aleague-dream-team-and-not-one-blue-is-in-it/2009/02/23/1235237558111.html

GRAND finalists Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory have between them provided almost half of the A-League Team of the Year. The side was selected in a poll of all players in the competition organised by the players' union, the Professional Footballers Association.

TEAM OF THE YEAR

Eugene Galekovic

Scott Jamieson

Craig Moore

Sasa Ognenovski

Tarek Elhrich

Mile Jedinak

Charlie Miller

Travis Dodd

Archie Thompson

Shane Smeltz

Eugene Dadi

~Floss~

midfielder said:
"GRAND finalists Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory have between them provided almost half of the A-League Team of the Year. "

Pretty silly statement to take out of that.
True, they provided 5 of the 11 between them, but only because there's 4 from adelaide.

Why not say Adelaide have provided more than 1/3 of the TOTY, and each other team has contributed f**k-all in comparison?

ADL 4
CCM 1
MEL 1
NEW 1
PER 1
QLD 2
WEL 1

Edit: The quote is from Michael Lynch's SMH article - not directed at midfielder !!!

bulldogmariner

~Floss~ said:
midfielder said:
"GRAND finalists Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory have between them provided almost half of the A-League Team of the Year. "

Pretty silly statement to take out of that.
True, they provided 5 of the 11 between them, but only because there's 4 from adelaide.

Why not say Adelaide have provided more than 1/3 of the TOTY, and each other team has contributed f**k-all in comparison?

ADL 4
CCM 1
MEL 1
NEW 1
PER 1
QLD 2
WEL 1

Edit: The quote is from Michael Lynch's SMH article - not directed at midfielder !!!
I know its hard to believe that United have 4 players but when you look at the quality of these players it is easy to understand why.
Galekovic has been the best keeper in the A-League this season closely followed by Theo.
Og Monster is a top defender and leaving for a big overseas contract- Next in line Vargas and Muscat
Jamieson- Is the best left full back this season. Heff next best but hardly played.
Dodd- Top quality midfielder who performs weekly for United. Just a shame Pim doesn't pick him.

I think these players deserve to be in team of the year.

dru

To be fair the bench was Kevin Muscat, Billy Celeski, Michael Theoklitos and Nikita Rukavytsya which means for the entire team melboure had 4 as well. Guess it means for the full squad adelaide and Melbourne provided more than half

marinermick

Pim doesn't pick Dodd because he has been absolute pish for the last half of the season. Starting this season on fire, had a brilliant champions league campaign, but then looked very jaded after that.

Very lucky to be in that side.

Bear

Still stand by my comments that Dodd is the most over-rated player in our league

Hard to fault that team, maybe I would drop Miller possibly for Massimo. Miller was good till his injury, nothing after that, hardly worthy of a spot imo

bulldogmariner

I would have like Matt McKay to be in the squad. I think he is a quality midfielder that goes under the radar except by his team mates who value him highly.

midfielder

bulldogmariner said:
I would have like Matt McKay to be in the squad. I think he is a quality midfielder that goes under the radar except by his team mates who value him highly.

Who would you drop

mariners4ever

the world game team of the year:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/a-league-team-of-the-year-168977/

Eugene Galekovic, Adelaide United
Scott Jamieson, Adelaide United
Sasa Ognenovski, Adelaide United
Craig Moore, Queensland Roar
Ben Kantarovski, Newcastle Jets
Mile Jedinak, Central Coast Mariners
Paul Reid, Adelaide United
Tahj Minniecon, Queensland Roar
Charlie Miller, Queensland Roar
Sergio van Dijk, Queensland Roar
Shane Smeltz, Wellington Phoenix
bench:
Carlos Hernandez, Melbourne Victory
Nikita Rukavytsya, Perth Glory
Eugene Dadi, Perth Glory
Alex Brosque, Sydney FC

lol with the bench, no keeper, and very attacking

serious14

Hernandez and Rukavytsya on the bench??  Riiiiiiiiiight......

*sigh*  I remember when SBS didn't suck the proverbial balls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred