• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

a-league round 3

MattSimon

Geez does Kennedy think his idiotic appearance will keep the goals out or something?

Sh!t bowl-mullet cross and the kind of dirty rats whiskers you see on 17 year olds at Newcastle High.

Add to this an annoying tendency to jump up and scream the blame at his defence after he's been nutmegged for a goal.

Statue

marinermick said:
bulldogmariner said:
all looks good for next week.

and kruse should have been sent off as well

the worst tackle seen in the a-league for a long time

I agree, he easily could have broken his leg, I think Tiatto may have been teaching him how to tackle.

hasbeen

Farthinator said:
marinermick said:
bulldogmariner said:
all looks good for next week.

and kruse should have been sent off as well

the worst tackle seen in the a-league for a long time

I agree, he easily could have broken his leg, I think Tiatto may have been teaching him how to tackle.
Quite easily one of the worst tackles I've ever seen. Should have been a red. Surely the FFA can do something after the event?

Jocwa08

imo the worst player in the a-league at the moment is Daal
he is so shit its unbelieveable, did fergie just buy him cos
he was desperate or he actually thought he had something

Andre_1

goingtoadisco said:
Not if it is dealt with by the ref.

Crowed of 7800 is very concerning for Brisbane and the A-league imo.

There's the rub! Deserves to be out for 3 or 4 weeks but because it was "dealt" with by the referee, albeit inadequatly thats the end of it!

dibo

On crowds, all 3 Qld NRL teams being in the running for semis and local (football) leagues still running don't help. The derby the other week was alright.

Gold Coast are ok given ticket prices, Fury are ok given they've got a rubbish team and both are start-ups - they'll take a little while.

We had a reasonable couple of crowds, Sydney crowd looked OK, Perth looked great (nearly 10k in spite of not having a point on the board yet), Adelaide are going great, Welly looked great, Melbourne are OK. Newcastle are down but that's no surprise after a wooden spoon and a not very good ACL campaign.

The average at the moment's sitting at about 12k - I'm not worried. We've also got a lot more games this year, so an average remaining steady across all the games but with more games played still means more tickets sold and more money made.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
On crowds, all 3 Qld NRL teams being in the running for semis and local (football) leagues still running don't help. The derby the other week was alright.

Gold Coast are ok given ticket prices, Fury are ok given they've got a rubbish team and both are start-ups - they'll take a little while.

We had a reasonable couple of crowds, Sydney crowd looked OK, Perth looked great (nearly 10k in spite of not having a point on the board yet), Adelaide are going great, Welly looked great, Melbourne are OK. Newcastle are down but that's no surprise after a wooden spoon and a not very good ACL campaign.

The average at the moment's sitting at about 12k - I'm not worried. We've also got a lot more games this year, so an average remaining steady across all the games but with more games played still means more tickets sold and more money made.

Agree. Kickoff times have been shit. We would have had another 2k IMO if we had kicked off at 5. But there was no 7pm game due to rugby test.

Once nrl and afl are over we will see better crowds, if only because the kickoff times shall be more decent.

Hopefully our next home game will get a decent crowd with all juniors finished etc.

clarence

goingtoadisco said:

TBF, wasn't there a Titans match down the road at Skilled Park on the same day?

Maybe all the hype about GCU is sucking the interest and column space out of their local media & with the sports media switched onto NRL and then GCU, there's little left to mention Brisbane Roar?

Jesus

Jesus
clarence said:
goingtoadisco said:

TBF, wasn't there a Titans match down the road at Skilled Park on the same day?

Maybe all the hype about GCU is sucking the interest and column space out of their local media & with the sports media switched onto NRL and then GCU, there's little left to mention Brisbane Roar?

I think once the nrl season is over brisbane will bounce back. But am surprised they bumped up prices so much when GC was adding to competition for local support.

bulldogmariner

Jocwa08 said:
He is a current international. But agree with statement.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Jesus said:
dibo said:

Agree. Kickoff times have been shit. We would have had another 2k IMO if we had kicked off at 5. But there was no 7pm game due to rugby test.

Once nrl and afl are over we will see better crowds, if only because the kickoff times shall be more decent.

Hopefully our next home game will get a decent crowd with all juniors finished etc.

RE ground attendances .... with all things considered, I think numbers haven't been too bad. Just had a look at some of the ground attendances  in the SPL. Falkirk 0 - v Hibs 3 on Saturday ... 6,059 at Faldirk stadium. , Hearts v Rangers game  Att: 16,284.  Many of the smaller clubs have stadium seating of around 17,000 - very similar to Blue Tongue. I'd love to see a full Blue Tongue, however if we can get an average of about 12,000, that would be pretty good.

Andre_1

Found this on Wiki

Average crowds for the regular season are listed below. These figures do not include finals, international friendlies or AFC Champions League matches.

Team Crowd average
                        2005-06  2006-07  2007-08  2008-09  2009-10
Melbourne Victory 14,158    27,728    26,064    24,516    18,744
Brisbane Roar      14,785    16,465    16,951    12,995    13,493
Sydney FC          16,669    14,999    16,373    12,375    14,924
Adelaide United    10,947    12,162    12,697    11,712  13,294
Central C Mariners  7,899    9,828      12,741    10,465    9,801
Newcastle Jets      8,912    11,442      13,209      9,729  6,654
Perth Glory            9,734    7,671      7,596      7,942  9,398
Wellington Phoenix - -                        11,683    7,193  10,024
Gold Coast United - - - -                                              7,526
North Queensland Fury - - - -                                      8,897
Whole season        10,955  12,927      14,610    12,180  11,640

Jocwa08

bulldogmariner said:
Jocwa08 said:
He is a current international. But agree with statement.

yea for Netherlands Antilles ranked 165

Andre_1

I was actually looking for our figures for the first two home games to gage how Star are going? Has anyone had any thoughts re their performance so far?

dibo

new song from the sheep shaggers:

Oh Smeltzy, I gave you my heart
but the very next day you gave it away
this year to save me from tears
I'll give it to Chris Greenacre

that's f**king excellent. :thumbup:

Gav...

Brisbane Roar coach Frank Farina to be barred from sidelines for one week

August 24, 2009

Brisbane Roar coach Frank Farina has escaped with a one-match sideline ban after he was sent from the bench during his side's heated 1-1 A-League draw with Wellington Phoenix at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Farina erupted on the sideline late in the draw, after substitute Tommy Oar received two yellow cards in two minutes and was sent from the field.

The coach was ordered off the bench by referee Chris Breath, forcing him to watch the tense final minutes in the dressing room.

The A-League's independent match review panel decided on Monday Farina would serve only the mandatory one-match ban for the offence, meaning he will watch his side play Central Coast from the Suncorp Stadium grandstand on Saturday.

Football Federation Australia has also ordered Brisbane to pay a $1000 fine because Sunday's match was the second this year in which five of their players received yellow cards

Sacko

Andre_1 said:
Found this on Wiki

Average crowds for the regular season are listed below. These figures do not include finals, international friendlies or AFC Champions League matches.

Team Crowd average
                         2005-06  2006-07  2007-08  2008-09  2009-10
Melbourne Victory 14,158    27,728     26,064    24,516    18,744
Brisbane Roar       14,785    16,465     16,951    12,995    13,493
Sydney FC           16,669    14,999     16,373    12,375    14,924
Adelaide United     10,947    12,162     12,697    11,712   13,294
Central C Mariners   7,899     9,828      12,741    10,465    9,801
Newcastle Jets       8,912    11,442      13,209      9,729   6,654
Perth Glory             9,734     7,671       7,596       7,942   9,398
Wellington Phoenix - -                         11,683     7,193  10,024
Gold Coast United - - - -                                              7,526
North Queensland Fury - - - -                                       8,897
Whole season         10,955   12,927      14,610    12,180  11,640

Not a surprise to see our average crowd was highest the season we won the league after being top for most the season and when we signed Judas. After having our 2 biggest home games of the season already I can only see the average attendance going 1 way - and it won't please the bank manager... 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred