• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A league media deal thread

Big Al

Interesting. I got this the other day - had no idea I even had a subscription but it was just cancelled out of the blue, with no explanation.

image.png
Got one as well. Comes with your foxtel subscription and if you signed up for FFA Cup Games streamed before Kayo you would have used it then.
They also shut down the app which I used a bit because they said 90% of the traffic was online which I found really interesting

midfielder

Media deal is ending soon... short history of our deals and who the players are...

I guess the players are...

Fox - News

9 / Stan / Fairfax / Radio network.

Optus

DAZN

Flick

Maybe 10

Deal 1 was I million One year

Deal 2 was 17 million 7 years

Deal 3 was 40 million 3 years [I think] .... [suggested spilt was 15 mill Socceroos and 25 mill Hal]

Note in all deals to this stage it was both the A-League & Socceroo's & Matilda's

Deal 4 did not was only for the A-League

Deal 4 60 million 5 years

Pandemic hit Deal four cancelled a tad under two years into the deal.

Deal 5 was 32 million 1 and a bit years, I think it worked out at 28 mill for the current season and 4 mill for last season...

The 3 and a bit years on the Deal 4 to rebuild the A-League after the civil war lost with the pandemic meaning we have the reminder of the season to rebuild our credibility

midfielder

‘Financial suicide’: A-League clubs push for season to stay in summer​

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soc...season-to-stay-in-summer-20210315-p57awj.html

The A-League will soon learn the extent of its independence from Football Australia when it lobbies the governing body to keep the competition played over summer, having received almost no interest from broadcasters to move the league into winter.

Senior A-League club sources are expecting next season’s competition to revert to an October kick-off - a prospect that will appease TV partners and sponsors but risks putting the newly independent competition at loggerheads with the Australian game’s governing body, which has strongly pushed for a transition to the winter months.

The newly-formed Australian Professional Leagues - which governs the A-League - has found there would be almost no commercial benefit to starting and finishing the season in the same calendar year, with one senior club source describing the potential move as “financial suicide”. Another said the issue over scheduling “is not even up for debate”.

Despite the FA’s desire to align the A-League season with grassroots football, which is played in winter, senior A-League sources are expecting next season’s competition to be held over the traditional period between October and May.

The A-League’s broadcast deal with Foxtel expires at the end of the current season in June. Sources with knowledge of discussions with potential suitors suggest there is almost no appetite for a winter A-League from broadcasters, with negotiations for the next TV deal having been almost exclusively centred around a summer competition.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Fkn foxtel , are a lying pack of drongos who apparently think football fans are soft in the head , on kayo we have a choice of Liverpool and Chelsea tv ...we HAD MUFC TV as well when they had Foxtel Now , but the foxtel phone pleb told me when I enquired as to why MUTV suddenly disappeared ,and I quote, “ no one was watching it “ , I said to him BULLSHIT, one of the biggest clubs on the planet and no one watched it ?... even non Man U fans were watching it since you mob rolled over for Optus ...he wasn’t best pleased

Tevor

New rights deal apparently! Channel 10 & Paramount+

Not sure what I think of this yet, an untried sports streaming service. Wonder how much they intend on charging per month. Big factor is who they get on board for commentary and match day.

Tevor

Hopefully they get Simon Hill on board. Would be great if 10 can push at least 2-3 live games on FTA every week
I don't think that is their intention, they will want as many people as possible paying a subscription so if you provide FTA games why would you pay. They need to re-coup the $$$$. I have no doubt it's not a great deal for the League. I have no faith in the new independent league after this season.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So just read the blurb about the new deal , and it reads to me like the paramount + will be $8.99 BUT the HAL will be a added fee ...of course I could be wrong

Pirate Pete

Hopefully they get Simon Hill on board. Would be great if 10 can push at least 2-3 live games on FTA every week
It probably will be him. I remember reading an interview with him saying he'd be leaving Australia if Foxtel got a new deal, but he didn't want to leave.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami