• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League coaches

Who would you LEAST like as the Mariner's Coach/Manager?

• Ian Ferguson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rini Coolen

• Ernie Merrick

• Jon Van't Schip

• Vitezslav Lavicka

• Graham Arnold

• Branko Culina

• Miron Bleiberg

• Ange Postecoglou

• Franz Straka

• Ricki Herbert

• Total voters

timmers

I was reading this Article on foxsports this evening and was contemplating how annoyed I would be if I were a Perth Glory fan.

Perth coach Ian Ferguson said his club's season was a complete write-off and he'd make wholesale changes to his roster for next season.

Why he was allowed to take over as coach for any part this season after his failed Fury tenure is baffling enough but why would anyone give him the responsibility of (re)building a squad again? I know Tony Sage has a lot of money, but surely he doesn't enjoy watching it get spent like it will be?

I know Fergie was part of a succesful period of the Mariners history, but of all the current A-league coaches (/managers, call them what you will) he is the man I would want least.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss anything related to A-league managers.

midfielder

Gotta agree Fergie has been a lost cause after he left us...

Signed Heff, Dodd & Smeltz for next year so far that's a Dads army squad coming if ever I saw one...

scottmac

Suspended
For me its Ernie Merrick.

Victory have been found wanting because of the different skill level now in the A-League. Granted they have still had some level of success this season but its more due to brut force, flashes of individual brilliance and a leniency from officals not seen at any other club. His game plan of lob it over the defence to fast strikers to create space for Hernandez in the middle just does not cut it anymore and the more frustrated they get with it the harder the tackles come in.

Dinasour coach who needs to be left behind.

David Votoupal

For me its Ernie Merrick.

Victory have been found wanting because of the different skill level now in the A-League. Granted they have still had some level of success this season but its more due to brut force, flashes of individual brilliance and a leniency from officals not seen at any other club. His game plan of lob it over the defence to fast strikers to create space for Hernandez in the middle just does not cut it anymore and the more frustrated they get with it the harder the tackles come in.

Dinasour coach who needs to be left behind.

Exactly right. MV rely too much on individuals rather than a real gameplan. Add to that their defence has been much leakier this season and Muscat is a big reason. Notice that in the 8 games Muscat hasn't played, they've kept 6 clean sheets!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred