• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A clockwork orange

Do you like this film?

• Great movie or;

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greatest movie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jorome Alexander Bennett

English Blockbusters like Four Weddings and a Funeral.

I don't know how you could say any of Kubrick's films are poor. You might not like them (in fact, A Clockwork Orange is disturbing), but it's hard not to appreciate them as works of Art.

Films made as art, that happen to be tres cool and entertaining >>>>>>>>>> High School Musical 3.

The Kubrick Collection, a box set of Kubrick films, is what SBS is playing.
One film that isn't being shown, I think, is Paths of Glory. It may be my favourite Kubrick film, a hard thing to decide though. Check it out.

Redline

Yeah it's Stanley Kubrick week on SBS. They started with 2001 of course, THE Stanley Kubrick movie.

Sean

Goldenboy said:
English Blockbusters like Four Weddings and a Funeral.

I don't know how you could say any of Kubrick's films are poor. You might not like them (in fact, A Clockwork Orange is disturbing), but it's hard not to appreciate them as works of Art.

Films made as art, that happen to be tres cool and entertaining >>>>>>>>>> High School Musical 3.

The Kubrick Collection, a box set of Kubrick films, is what SBS is playing.
One film that isn't being shown, I think, is Paths of Glory. It may be my favourite Kubrick film, a hard thing to decide though. Check it out.

Havent seen this and I will be hiring out. My personal SK film is Dr Strangelove.

This week has been awesome but i have had not the best sleep as I have stayed up and watched nearly every flic in Kubrick week. I enjoyed scaring the crap out of my girl with The Shining.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Countryhick said:
Yeah it's Stanley Kubrick week on SBS. They started with 2001 of course, THE Stanley Kubrick movie.

I don't think we can declare what is THE Kubrick film. Different subjects, styles.
So many people would say Spartacus is THE Kubrick film, a classic sword and sandals film. Many others Dr.Stranglove, a comedy. I say Paths of Glory, an exceptional anti-war movie. I love the use of music in all his films, in particular Barry Lyndon. Great treatment of Handel's Sarabande.

It's all good!

I haven't seen Lolita or Dr. Stranglove? Are these scheduled to be played? When?

graaant

RADINHO said:
Most Movies on SBS are poor and are in English cause they can't afford English Blockbusters.

This has got to be close to your most ridiculous post ever.
Well done.

FFC Mariner

graaant said:
RADINHO said:
Most Movies on SBS are poor and are in English cause they can't afford English Blockbusters.

This has got to be close to your most ridiculous post ever.
Well done.

Dolce Vita, Cage au folles. Quite right, utter shit  :redcard:

Isnt SBS that terrible woggy station that kept the torch burning for football for so many years.

Wankers

graaant

Not to mention the abundance of "classic" foreign and cult films.
The only sad thing is SBS being more commercial, but still, some brilliant films there.
Not to mention a decreasing, but still decent amount of football related coverage (far better than any other FTA station, anyhow).

I think Radinho just can't keep up with subtitles. ;)

ryan

My main problem with Kubrick films is they never know when to end. AI was complete rubbish and every other Kubrick film I have seen could have benefited with some serious editing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred