• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

7:30 Report - Attack Les Murry

midfielder

Jessie Fink has unloaded on Les Murry regarding the World Cup Bid big time...

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/

Look for the link headed Football fans not getting the full story...

midfielder

Good article on the Roar today by another part time SBS writer..

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/07/08/jesse-fink-blows-the-lid-on-sbs-editorial-pressure/

Muppet

Very interesting yet unsurprising. I did read in the Sunday paper that SBS is getting tired of Les. There is a lot of angst apparently regarding his role on the FIFA Ethics committee and his inability to criticize FIFA. The sooner the deck chairs are cleared within SBS the better. Mr Murray can take Mr Foster with him. Bring in Ned Zelic and Jess Fink.

scottmac

Suspended
It will be interesting to see what Fink has to say when he is free from SBS. All that piece says to me is that Fink is a petulant brat who thought he would write as much negative crap as he could just to get under the nose of Les Murray. I'm glad he is gone from SBS. Even though he thought he was being hard done by, by SBS and Les Murray he should have reported without bias and given the public both sides of the story rather than the vitriolic repetition he served up. SBS did the right thing by not renewing his contract.

It's most defintley time for Les Murray to take a hike. He has shown that he is longing the days that SBS ran football commentary in this country and will do whatever it takes to return to those times. Here's hoping that the FFA are strong enough to refrain from accepting one of FIFA's own as the lead FTA broadcaster of football in our country. If that happens then maybe SBS will recognise that they need to change the team which reports on football/sport for SBS and join the new generation.

For mine the biggest news from this is that the SBS are finally realising they need to move away from the constant criticism of the current state of football in this country and look towards reporting a more amiable view on the FFA and the A-League.

scottmac

Suspended
Good article on the Roar today by another part time SBS writer..

http://www.theroar.c...orial-pressure/

I don't see that as a good article at all. It is only the regurgitation of what the writers self confessed friends have written and thought with no factual argument or original thought involved.

Some of the posters under that article have got it spot on for mine.

Michael said | Today | Report comment

+1

The editorial group has a say on what gets published? WORLD NEWS SHOCK!

C’mon. Please.

Jesse has his own website now where he can publish unhindered and largely unwatched.

Maybe this could be read as a sign that SBS want to move away from negative journalism to Aus football to a more solution-oriented model?

Fussball ist unser leben said | Today | Report comment

@ GrecoRoman

If you listen to the Conservative political commentators in Australia you will hear the same mindless comments about alleged control of the publicly-funded ABC by allegedly Left-leaning editorial staff.

A boss is alleged to have given “direction” to his employees … oh my gosh … that’s OUTRAGEOUS. We should call the AFP and start a Senate Inquiry … maybe, we can even send Les to Villawood until we investigate his bona fides?

What did Fink expect? That his negative bullshit would just be freely published by SBS without anyone batting an eyelid or checking it for factual basis?

MrCelery

It will be interesting to see what Fink has to say when he is free from SBS. All that piece says to me is that Fink is a petulant brat who thought he would write as much negative crap as he could just to get under the nose of Les Murray. I'm glad he is gone from SBS. Even though he thought he was being hard done by, by SBS and Les Murray he should have reported without bias and given the public both sides of the story rather than the vitriolic repetition he served up. SBS did the right thing by not renewing his contract.

It's most defintley time for Les Murray to take a hike. He has shown that he is longing the days that SBS ran football commentary in this country and will do whatever it takes to return to those times. Here's hoping that the FFA are strong enough to refrain from accepting one of FIFA's own as the lead FTA broadcaster of football in our country. If that happens then maybe SBS will recognise that they need to change the team which reports on football/sport for SBS and join the new generation.

For mine the biggest news from this is that the SBS are finally realising they need to move away from the constant criticism of the current state of football in this country and look towards reporting a more amiable view on the FFA and the A-League.

:goodpost: :postcount:

Best post I've seen in a while.

What amazed me is that in this instance Les Murray's emails look totally appropriate. Of course he's going to say that negative stories are going to affect the World Cup bid, especially when writing to journalists that mostly write negative pieces.

As for the bit about checking the facts of a story with the FAA. This exactly what Murray was accused of NOT doing with the Lucas Neil Affair. What hypocracy by Finke.

The more I hear/read about Finke, the less I consider him as a credible journo.

The whole article was a blatant beat up by a dis-affected ex-employee and a player agent. Now there are two species that have credibility in football! Not.

I agree that Les is past his peak as 'the voice of football' and is at risk of increasingly being seen as a bit of a buffoon. Sad really, as he's had a stellar career.

He should semi-retire and hand over to a number of excellent potential replacements.

adz

Staff member
Interesting stuff, but a bit of a beat-up really. All I see is Les suggesting they be positive about the World Cup bid, because he thought that would be best for the bid. Now with our 20/20 hindsight we can see the bid was always going to fail anyway, and imply that Fink wanted to actually criticise the bid and point out that Qatar would buy it anyway, because he can tell the future, but Les held a gun to his head and made him print other stuff.

The whole story kicks off with Les made us do this, Les made us do that, but about halfway through he says Les Murray suggested he write about the US World Cup bid and he didn't. Then further on comparing him to North Korea and Stalin is a bit of a laugh... it's more like a parody than a serious story!

Not that I give a toss about SBS or Les Murray or whatever, but with the comments from his book causing such a shit storm recently, why not get in on that action and lay the slippers in while he's down... lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred