• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

30 day football challenge

Wee-mac

Day 3- game 1 season 4 against the scum in which matty scorde his first goal in the a-league.

MrCelery

Day 3 - Agree with the others - any 3 pointer gives me a week of happiness and bragging rights. Especially if it's against the Scum. Agree with Roonytunes - that GCU away match was a special match that had me laughing my head off.

pjennings

Day 3 - Agree with the others - any 3 pointer gives me a week of happiness and bragging rights. Especially if it's against the Scum. Agree with Roonytunes - that GCU away match was a special match that had me laughing my head off.

:postcount:

Watching the young guys was rught up there.

BTW - thanks MrCelery for the two links of the Uruguay game. Absolutely awesome!!

Wombat

day 1. My fav match was my first game at Elland rd when i watched leeds tonk Southampton 4.0 and Tony Currie (my fav player as a kid) score the "match of the day" goal of the season. My best mate also had the lucky number on the back of the programme and won 100 quid and gave me a tenner...happy days!!

day 2. The grand final loss against Brisbane. I was seething for days and couldn't shake it.

day 3. Any game that i play in and we win (getting rarer these days) and any game at BT when Bay 16 really get involved.

Great post BTW.

Tassiemariner

Day 3 - Season 1 against Sydney FC when Hutcho got his 2 blinders from outside the box in the 3-2 win? over "Bling FC" (those were the days!)

roonytunes

day 4 - sad as in melancholic I presume - god where to start! If you want to follow a club because they win all the time, go follow Manchester United or Barcelona.. 4-5 against Sydney in the replayed game (though more tragic than sad), most of the games where we died like a bag of poo in the last third of the season, the 0-0 draw with NZ knights in the last game of season two (and kwassie's two finger salute at the end) - and of course this year's grand final and the Jets one - but the jets one I was more broken as we really didnt turn up that day. Actually, now I think about it, Spenny's decline in season two was really sad to watch.

MrCelery

Day 4 - Any match that is the last played by a favourite player is sad, eg. last appearance of Andre Gumprecht.

Hoping that the V6 Grand Final won't be the last appearance of Musty.

midfielder

My sad days are many

I have played in 12 grand finals won 7 lost 5 all those losses hurt ...

The day that Kossies killers kicked the shit out of us just before Christmas... were we had two players sent off, four players carried off... with Clarky covered in bandages filled with blood and running on one leg...

Plus the name that I cannot type without smashing the keyboard ... the same f**knuckle who did not blow a free in the grand final which would have won us the game...

The day the club let go of Tommy P....

The day they resigned the oxygen waster...

Tassiemariner

Day 4 - Grand final vs Jets (This years made me angry rather than sad)

Day 5 - 1999 Champions League Final - My english family drove from Manchester to Barcelona in a shoddy 4 door sedan with no tickets and got in for free by climbing over some wall.

MrCelery

Day 5 - 1980 FA Cup Final - West Ham 1 v Arsenal 0 - reminds me of Craig Johnston. That's because he and I went to the game together. ;D

someguy

day 8: best goal ever- possibly one of jedinaks stunners from a couple of seasons ago in terms of quality. in terms of meaningful goals, id choose kewell against croatia probably, ahead of cahills brace v japan, and then brescianos v uruguay.

day 9: worst howlers- that ball that bounced over velaphis head resulting in a simon tap in when we played them in canberra for us to win it late in the game was pretty classic

garlo

The howler for me has gotta be disco nik treading on the ball with only an open goal in front Against fc at the sfs in V5 I think

MrCelery

Catch up time:

day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Rose Bowl, Pasadena for the 1994 World Cup Final. A hot sunny cloudless day in a bongo van with a bunch of mad Pommies looking for park near the stadium after wild ride from Santa Monica Beach.

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Shine (Shannon Noll) - Australia v Uruguay WC qualifier.

day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal. - Marco Bresciano and John Aloisi for the normal time equaliser and 'that' penalty in the Aust v Uruguay WC qualifier.

day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler - Sorry Matty Ryan, but yours from this year just edged out Spider Zelic's from the Croatia v Aust 2006 World Cup match.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred