• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

30 day football challenge

garlo

Hey everyone,
I thought seeing as it is the off season and the forum
is quite boring ATM we could mix it up. Idunno about you guys but I love coming on here and I really wanna get to know everyone on here so I thoughtwe could do the 30 day football challenge ...each day fill out a diff question and so on and so on ....hope it's fun guys ! It can be about mariners or
internationals
or epl or whatever it's your choice ...justsomething to entertain us over the off season and will love to see what people think

day 01 - your favourite match -

day 02 - your least favourite match -

day 03 - a match that makes you happy -

day 04 - a match that makes you sad -

day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone -

day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere -

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match -

day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal. -

day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler -

day 10 - a match that made you (almost) fall asleep -

day 11 - a player from your favourite team -

day 12 - a player from your least favourite team -

day 13 - a team that is a guilty pleasure -

day 14 - a team that no one would expect you to love -

day 15 - a player that inspires you -

day 16 - a player that you used to love but now hate -

day 17 - a player your team are constantly linked to

day 18 - a player you wished your club had signed -

day 19 - a favourite football chant -

day 20 - a player you'd love to punch when you’re angry -

day 21 - your favourite player before your lifetime -
day 22 - a game you'd love to play in -

day 23 - a manager you want as your best man at your wedding

day 24 - a manager that you want to speak at your funeral

day 25 - a player/manager that makes you laugh -

day 26 - a player you can do an impression of -

day 27 - a player you wish you could be

day 28 - a player that you look at and wonder how they made it -

day 29 - a player from your childhood -

day 30 - your favorite player at this time last year ?

garlo

Day 1 my favourite match ...for me there is two as a youngster I remember getting up at 4am to watch the united bayern champions league final and also the Uruguay game ...honorable mentions to the 5-4 Sydney game, the 3-3 Brisbane game and the 3-0 jets second leg after being down 2 nil on agg

pjennings

Has to be the Uruguay game for me too. I have never experienced anything like that night in sport and suspect I never will again.

The strange thing for me was the confidence I had. Recoba missed an early chance and I turned to the guy next to me and said it was going to be our night. After following the Socceroos for so long it was strange having that confidence. Magic night!!

roonytunes

Played: SEU 3 Kincumber 1, 2008 O/35D premiership decider, Mangrove Mountain - 40 years in the waiting for my first piece of "silverware".

Attended: CCM 3 Newcastle 0 Major semi 2006 - "PETROVSKI!!!!"

Watched: Australia 3 Japan 1 - best last ten minutes of unadulterated footballing joy ever!

someguy

is this still "day 1"? id reckon it should be just because it didnt really start till late yesterday.

midfielder

Played: SEU 3 Kincumber 1, 2008 O/35D premiership decider, Mangrove Mountain - 40 years in the waiting for my first piece of "silverware".

Attended: CCM 3 Newcastle 0 Major semi 2006 - "PETROVSKI!!!!"

Watched: Australia 3 Japan 1 - best last ten minutes of unadulterated footballing joy ever!

Good idea to spread your games..

Played 2009 .... World Masters over 50's ... played in the "A" grade meaning mainly former professionals .... the side I was with I was the only player not to play professionally we beat and over 35 / 1 team who got to the third last round in the champions league 18 to nil... anyway they said I was best on park one day ... I walked on a cloud for weeks ...

Went to Uruguay match..

TV .. Croatia match

adz

Staff member
Day 1: Gotta be 3-0 over the Scum in the major semi for me. I went into that one expecting it to be a funeral. Wow!

MrCelery

Day 1 - Uruguay match by a country mile. Watching Kevrenor Chris crowd surfing on crutches after a serious operation days before was a treasured moment. I might be exaggerating here - but only a little.

I've been to many games around the world - WC Finals, FA Cup Finals, Euro Finals, Domestic league and cup matches, but I've never encountered atmosphere like that night. From the pre-match to the after-match celebrations it was awesomely palpable.

To this day I get goosebumps watching history in the making:

That November Evening - Part 1

That November Evening - Part II

MrCelery

Day 2 - Australia v Iran World Cup Qualifier in Melbourne - 2-2 after leading 2-0.

2nd least favourite was the CCM v Jets Grand Final. 3rd would be CCM v Roar Grand Final this year - yet again a 2-0 lead wasted. 4th would be the Socceroo v Italy Final 16 WC match in '06.

midfielder

Yaaaaaaaaaa Australia V Iran ... I did not sleep for weeks and still get upset about it if I think about it...

Tassiemariner

Day 1 -
Domestic - 3-1 Metro vs Hobart Olympic (2 goals on debut as a 15 year old in Premier League reserves Tasmania)
International - Uruguay + Manchester United 4- 2 Arsenal, February 2005 (The fiery Roy Keane to the John O'Shea chip over Almunia, so good)

Day 2 -
Domestic - Under 14 Tasmania 14 - 1 Under 14 Southern Tasmania....I sat on the bench while an overweight ranga was playing instead of me and we got slaughtered.
International - Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 0 FA Cup 2004....UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

adz

Staff member
Day 2 for me is last game of season 2 vs Adelaide. Nothing to play for (we were not going to the finals), and the boys went out there like they just wanted to get on with their end of season trip or something. I would say shocking effort, but no effort was put in at all. I walked out before full time it was so bad. While the grand final last year was heartbreaking, at least the boys put in a massive effort the whole way.

midfielder

Day 1 - Uruguay match by a country mile. Watching Kevrenor Chris crowd surfing on crutches after a serious operation days before was a treasured moment. I might be exaggerating here - but only a little.

I've been to many games around the world - WC Finals, FA Cup Finals, Euro Finals, Domestic league and cup matches, but I've never encountered atmosphere like that night. From the pre-match to the after-match celebrations it was awesomely palpable.

To this day I get goosebumps watching history in the making:

That November Evening - Part 1

That November Evening - Part II

Mateeeeeeeeeeeeee Brilliant links ..... thank you very much I hope the mods take note of this guys skill ...

adz

Staff member
Mateeeeeeeeeeeeee Brilliant links ..... thank you very much I hope the mods take note of this guys skill ...

Already noted! Celery had a big part in creating the original marinators.net site
Excellent stuff ;D :pirashoot:

midfielder

day 03 - a match that makes you happy

That day we came back to beat the Scum at Bluetounge to go to the grand final...

roonytunes

day 3 -Any game we win to be honest, although last season's run in to the g-final was something special - seeing the younguns smash fold coast was sublime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred