• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

3 years today

David Votoupal

Since that magical night in Sydney.

The game in Australia changed forever that night, and it was a deliverence for those of us fans who waited for so many years for it to happen.

We've come a long way since!

David Votoupal

And our game has never been the same since.

Really, when we qualify for the next World Cup, the celebrations will not be as exuberant because the rock has already been lifted. We now expect to qualify regularly from Asia.

Redline

I'll never forget that game. I wasn't there...but I watched it and it was jumping around screaming and shouting with joy.

When Dukes missed that shot..I thought it was all over.

Go the Aussieroos!

Gav...

Watching that video brings back that joy and runs shivers down my spine.....

It was the best brithday present i ever recieved....

midfielder

marinermick said:
midfielder said:
I was their on the night  and will never forget it ........ IMO the best youtube on the night is Reverse the Curse ...... says so much ......

http://au.youtube.com
/watch?v=EUIP6STNxSA
good video

though Peter Wilson was the captain in 74 not Johnny Warren

Peter Wilson was the captain ...... the youtube was wrong ....... but IMO its still an awesome take on the match and Australian football history .......it came out within days of us winning and It always struck me as someone who felt just like me and had the skill to put it all down ...... but PW was captain not JW as he says

Mariner Girl

This was by far and away the best sporting moment of my life.
Trust me: I've been to a few - from the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympics to the '85 FA Cup, but NOTHING can match this - EVER!  :eek:verhead:

clarence

Wow, that was brilliant. Remember the night well, not so the next day though......

Thanx for linking that, brings back good memories. I will admit to standing in amongst all that mayhem after Aloisi's penalty, crying like a baby.

dru

serious14 said:
*looks at ticket from the game sitting on my desk*

Best.  Night.  Ever.

Leaving exam early: probably going to fail the subject anyway but hecs oh about  couple of hundred dollars.
Driving from Newcastle to Sydney for a football game: $30 in petrol
Being there for the defining football game of our generation: f**king priceless

Great video and yes the shivers went down the spine again

Jolly_Roger

midfielder said:
I was their on the night  and will never forget it ........ IMO the best youtube on the night is Reverse the Curse ...... says so much ......

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EUIP6STNxSA

I can remember all these games. I was fortunate enough to be at three of them. I got to see Deigo Maradona play at the SFS. I was sitting right behind the Australian bench. Maradona was past his best but still a fine player. Abel Balbo and Gabriel Batistuta were also part of the squad on this night as well. I think the crowd this night is still a ground record.

The result against Iran in 1997 was be far the worst night i can remember. I was gutted after this for days. 2-0 up at the 70th minute mark and it was happy days. We were going to the world cup finally. Aurelio Vidmar missed several clear cut chances in the first half. We should of been 4-0 up at half time. We were all over them. I still remember Steve Horvat trying to play this dumb ass off side trap when the second goal was scored by Iran. Running towards our goal with his hand in the air...............faaarrrrrrrrk

Sydney was a great night. We will never top that again. I was one of the 80,000 that night. So many on this forum were also. It will never get any better than that night again.............unless we win the WC 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred