• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.

Melange

Disagree on the CumDingo comments. He wasn't poor. Didn't butcher any chances, show poor touch, or give the ball away cheaply a lot... He just wasn't really involved. Except for the time he came deep. (Neither was Garang.) Happens to strikers even in games when their sides are on top, let alone when they're being utterly dominated by the WC champs. Australia had 38% possession in the second half. And probably around 95% of that in our own half.

Could the Dingo have pressed harder? Yeah, I think so. Would it have made a difference? No. Should he have anyway? Probably. Even just for fan perception. But I really don't it's a sign he doesn't care or lacks work ethic. That would be nuts. Imo the guy was obviously just trying to play calm.

Stress heavily impacts players. Some players control their nerves by coming on and running around like a maniac — over arousal.
I don't run around like a maniac when I'm over aroused

style_cafe

I take my hat off to Leckie scoring that goal.
To be able to stay on the park after doing bugger-all throughout the first half takes a special type of player.
To then back it up after scoring by doing bugger-all until he was replaced shows a class player.
Although on reflection he has practiced doing bugger-all his entire career so he deserves to be recognised for it... :popcorn:

Big Al

I'm sure that is what Degenek said!!
Oh interesting
I didn’t hear that

we have scored one great goal a game with limited chances so has that feel especially with Souttar playing so well and Kye growing as the tournament goes on

Wombat

Wow. Japan beat Spain to send the Krauts crashing out. I was wondering if Mr Tits (KGJ) was in the VAR box because while it was a great moment, i'm not sure how on earth they deemed the ball had stayed in play???

marinermick

Wow. Japan beat Spain to send the Krauts crashing out. I was wondering if Mr Tits (KGJ) was in the VAR box because while it was a great moment, i'm not sure how on earth they deemed the ball had stayed in play???

Ball was definitely in as per the photo attached and the laws of the game

Attachments

• 14276D01-8365-4ED8-9831-2A4F3A9E35B3.jpeg
    14276D01-8365-4ED8-9831-2A4F3A9E35B3.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 5

Big Al

Both Spain and Germany we’re going out for a couple of minutes. Would have been massive news.

Japan certainly got a SFC ruling on that one. I presume it was to close to over rule and there is a coat of leather at best that might be inline with the touch line.
Looks out to me

Pretty sure VAR had to ring FIFA head office to see who has paid up and gets the call

marinermick

Both Spain and Germany we’re going out for a couple of minutes. Would have been massive news.

Japan certainly got a SFC ruling on that one. I presume it was to close to over rule and there is a coat of leather at best that might be inline with the touch line.
Looks out to me

Pretty sure VAR had to ring FIFA head office to see who has paid up and gets the call

That was an overhead shot I posted. If you can’t see grass between the ball and the line then it is in.

pjennings

In 2010 the FFA defined world powerhouses by the the following criteria.

1. Regular senior World Cup qualification.

2. Constant export of domestic players to the UEFA big five leagues, or big two South American leagues.

3. Regular qualification for underage World Cups.

Then, 8 nations were deemed to be powerhouses - Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay - using the aforementioned three criteria.

Just worth noting that Australia has more wins at this World Cup (2) than Italy after 2006 (1)

marinermick

In 2010 the FFA defined world powerhouses by the the following criteria.

1. Regular senior World Cup qualification.

2. Constant export of domestic players to the UEFA big five leagues, or big two South American leagues.

3. Regular qualification for underage World Cups.

Then, 8 nations were deemed to be powerhouses - Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay - using the aforementioned three criteria.

Just worth noting that Australia has more wins at this World Cup (2) than Italy after 2006 (1)

An seven year old Italian child has never seen their nation play at a World Cup

turbo

On a more serious note it will be interesting to see what we have up our sleeves if we fall behind in an elimination game. Obviously timing would be important and we wont go all out if we go behind early but how do we respond if at half time or later in the game? That's the scenario we've taken Garang for, do we even go really aggressive and play him and Tillio outside Maclaren? It could go down in flames or be spectacular.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred