• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022/23 = Best Season In Mariners History?

Ancient Mariner

For all the 'Arnie put us into debt' narrative, the sell ons for Mat Ryan would have covered most of if not covered that debt in the following years.
Would not have gone close to the overs we were paying second raters to play for us. If you add on the money the Club was loosing for every home game with the numbers turning up I am surprised we survived at all.
No A-League club breaks even (some say they have on rare occasions in the past) let alone makes money.

Corsair

I think this is our greatest ever season simply given where our squad has come from,

Vuka : Club legend who returns home at 38 to captain the youngest squad in the league to the championship.
McGarry : Unwanted by our biggest rivals
Kaltak : 29 year old who had never played professionally
Triantis : Youngster who couldn’t get a look in where he was
Roux : Many fans were rather hesitant about his return
Nisbet : Smallest player in the league, written off by nearly all, Academy graduate
Balard : Academy Graduate
Beni : An unknown gem from the French third tier
Silvera : A youngster who we gave his first chance, then unwanted by our biggest rivals
Tulio : An unknown gem from the Brazilian third tier
Cummings : A player who’s career was in complete free fall
Farrell : Academy Graduate
Steele : Academy Graduate
Hall : Academy Graduate
Kuzevski: Academy Graduate
Theoharous : Unwanted by his old side, on the verge of quitting the professional game
Moresche : Scores the last goal in the grand final after rupturing his ACL right before finals last year.

I struggle to see how any A League championship side will ever match this squad in regards to this.

Simply incredible.
Love it. You forgot a young coach in only his second season

Allreet?

Hard to beat the first season for me - loved every minute - although this one has been very special and (kinda) continues into the ACL where I reckon we're good enough to at least get out of our group. Maybe Monty sees the ACL as his real chance to make a mark in the wider coaching world.

I believe I mentioned elsewhere, we always win GFs if I'm in Europe.

LFCMariners

*BUMP*

In hindsight, more than anything I think 2022/23 was my favourite season in CCM history so far.

The previous GF seasons I was living interstate for at least half the season, so didn't get to actually attend games/ finals matches until the back end, whereas this time I experienced the full season first-hand instead of following from the distance of a TV screen for at least 50% of the journey.

There were also the seasons where either:

a) CCM were shit
b) CCM got results but played pragmatic, generally low-scoring football
c) CCM made the finals and were genuine contenders but fell short in the GF
d) CCM were Premiers but fell short in the finals
d) The active support wasn't near the level it's been recently and opposition fans would give us stick for being "school carnival" and not taken seriously as a supporter group.

In 2022/23 CCM were generally "best of the rest" after Melbourne City, with hardly anything separating the two in their regular season match-ups, CCM played open scoring entertaining and (at times) Harlem Globetrotter football, we beat the Scum on their home turf and took the best/ loudest numbers up there I've ever seen (won The Concrete and knocked them out of finals contention too), indeed our support was brilliant and culminated in that final night where we lifted the roof off Commbank as the boys smashed City and sign off the season with a fairytale finish.

Allreet?

*BUMP*

d) The active support wasn't near the level it's been recently and opposition fans would give us stick for being "school carnival" and not taken seriously as a supporter group.
I've always said this is mainly because of the lack of a roof at the northern end to amplify the sound.

Clubs like Melb City can sound ten times as loud with a third of our active support. A roof would work wonders for our home atmos.

turbo

Either that or regular crowds of 15k...
Even that itself doesn't help that much. The sound doesnt carry clearly which makes it harder to understand and join in which throws the sound further again. The difference in the GF and Semi final sound was huge and a big part of it IMO was people being able to hear the chants properly and join in.

Archie

I agree that a roof over the northern end will make a big difference, but I must admit if there were about 3 bays (which is a lot,) full of people chanting you would probably be able to hear it clearly on tv even without a roof. Just look back at what the RBB used to be 9 years ago, and their stand didn't have a roof, to be fair though they had like 1000 sometimes even more people going nuts

Archie

I believe that soon we'll be seeing a packed out Bay 16 on a regular basis so lets just hope that maybe Bay 15 and 17 becomes a bit more active and same with some of the people that sit in the front areas of Bay 16 who just sit down for most of the game.

Allreet?

I usually sit in either 15 or 17 for the second half. I tend not to sing but I do a lot of shouting.

Would love a roof.

pjennings

The thing with the RBB was that the chants were not only from one end but also from some of the sides next to active support. That reverberated through the stadium. I sit near halfway and often can't hear active support well. Non football friends who live near the end of Pt Frederick can complain about the noise on the same game. A roof would allow the reverberation in the stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred