• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Melange

When you look at it like this, can you say this team strikes fear in your heart?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-131114.png
    Screenshot_20211118-131114.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 39

Pirate Pete

From the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ace-for-the-spoon-complete-a-league-men-guide

Central Coast Mariners

Coach: Nick Montgomery
Major ins: Nicolai Muller, Cy Goddard, Storm Roux
Major outs: Daniel De Silva, Alou Kuol, Gianni Stensness
Player to watch: Josh Nisbet is already a cult figure due to his tenacious play and diminutive stature but, with departures elsewhere in the Mariners midfield, his role will increase this season
Predicted finish: 12th
Fun fact: The Mariners use Tom Petty’s ‘I Won’t Back Down’ as a club anthem.

She dwells with Beauty – Beauty that must die; And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips
Bidding adieu; and aching Pleasure nigh, Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips

The Mariners experienced a season for the ages under Alen Stajcic in 2020-21, shrugging off more than half a decade of abject misery to shock Australian football by storming – at least until Melbourne City woke up – to the top of the A-League Men table, eventually finishing third and playing finals football for the first time since 2013-14.

Alas for the Gosford faithful, all rhyme and reason suggests it was a (magical) one-off. His counter-attacking style had already began to lose its lustre by season’s end, when Stajcic departed. Also out the door went creative fulcrum Daniel De Silva, midfield rock Gianni Stensness, and the swag and game-breaking ability of Alou Kuol. Still up for sale by owner Mike Charlesworth, their battle appears less one for finals and more one to avoid the spoon.

Also, apologies to John Keats.

scottmac

Suspended
People getting upset with commentators predicting a lowly position for us should be encouraged not upset. It's never been any different and gives a vital tool to the side to use as motivation to prove the f**kers wrong. You know, standard Mariners procedure. No one rates us, and we don't care.

turbo

People getting upset with commentators predicting a lowly position for us should be encouraged not upset. It's never been any different and gives a vital tool to the side to use as motivation to prove the f**kers wrong. You know, standard Mariners procedure. No one rates us, and we don't care.
It's still weird they give clubs like Adelaide a pass when I think they look worse than us or the Nix who have been seriously depleted and have to play the early part of the comp away from home.

scottmac

Suspended
It's still weird they give clubs like Adelaide a pass when I think they look worse than us or the Nix who have been seriously depleted and have to play the early part of the comp away from home.
Not really. We're up for sale, probably the smallest, youngest squad, smallest market. They don't need to pander to us. TBH we've gotten off on it in the past and we should do so again. We could have won the league last year and it wouldn't be any different.

turbo

Not really. We're up for sale, probably the smallest, youngest squad, smallest market. They don't need to pander to us. TBH we've gotten off on it in the past and we should do so again. We could have won the league last year and it wouldn't be any different.

Not much of that matters. Objectively the Nix and Adelaide have been hit harder than we have and haven’t replaced as strongly as I believe we have. We’re an easy pick for the spoon because we’ve been in the conversation if not the winner most recent years but that’s hardly decent analysis.

scottmac

Suspended
Not much of that matters. Objectively the Nix and Adelaide have been hit harder than we have and haven’t replaced as strongly as I believe we have. We’re an easy pick for the spoon because we’ve been in the conversation if not the winner most recent years but that’s hardly decent analysis.
Yeah, we're not talking about decent analysis. I was testifying to the reason why it isn't weird that these teams get a pass while we don't

Huddo

I dont care about the predictions, let em all be wrong.
Caring about the lack of analysis from a dimwit, is like getting upset when the weatherman didn't predict a perfect day. It just makes it twice as sweet.
so fůck em.

Huddo

1.CCM - f**k it, I'll back em in
2.City - To much money
3.Victory - Popa has culled the deadwood.
4.Roar - will find a way
5.SFC - Aging
6.WSW - all attack, I expect em to drop points in high scoring games

Ironbark

This season really could go in any direction for me, but I think our days of visiting the 'Have we hit rock bottom' thread are over for now.

I would like to highlight that whilst Monty is a coach new to this level he has his Pro licence which is a LOT of work, and requires huge amounts of developing your personal coaching philosophy and strategy and tactics work. Added to that I am told Sergio is a very smart tactician.

Monty was also a high level pro player and a DM himself - so understands a thing or two about defence. He knows how to set a team up defensively, and has evidently recruited and trained to transition into attack from a solid base which is massive in a DMs mind.

We have kept nearly all of the spine structure from last year which worked so well and have put speedy, dynamic creative players in around them which look to be an upgrade to my mind overall.

Finally, whilst Monty is new to this level, his success with the Academy wasn't an accident. It was planned and deliberate and supported by hard work. It was not just good, it was dominant.

There are reasons to hope

Last edited:

true believer

top 6
mc oil barons
sydney oligarchs
perff
drive bys
divers
cows

not
victory
roar
wellington (last)
scummers
geelong fakers

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Robbie slater said on The Back Page that one of the top coaches in the comp is a vicious anti -vaxxer, and his not heard what players won’t get jabbed…sure gonna be intriguing shortly, when players /coaches can’t travel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami