• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

At least I only have to want to jump off a bridge....I mean, go to City away once this season :D

(City away is a terrible fng fixture for us)

Nice to see we're getting a more solid deal this season. So we should after last season. NYE should be a corker. F3 derby 2nd last round could be fire too, surely that game's going to matter to at least 1 team.

Calling it now - we'll need that result to secure 2nd place, jets are coming 10th, but will f**k us up out of spite (because Simon's suspended for that game on a red card).

Ooh, home game 27th dec!
OH MY GOD I MIGHT GET TO GO TO A HOME GAME!!!!

first time in many years....(I apologise in advance for making us lose that game)

So I see we have H&A semis for the top places again...imagine if we had Jets again?

VAR might actually spot their keeper stomping on us this time (depending on which team Kurt Ams put a tenner on) :vhappy:

R3-R7 are all either home, or NSW matches - so potential for people to attend 5 games in a row

There's a few teams we're playing twice in 5 matches.....though that's still better than what's happened in previous season

bikinigirl

. western united really need to sort out their stadium* ... some of these locations are out of this world. surely Charlesworth can't afford the travel - how did the podsters discussion go with Bezos? umm ... he may be our only hope

1635535285385.png

* yes, i recognise the irony of that statement

Ozhammer

Great result and SFC’s first loss of pre season I believe. Interesting that Hall started alongside Kye, so I wonder if RT is still struggling with the injury he had back at the FFA kit launch a few weeks back?

pjennings

Sydney FC Defeated In Mariners Friendly​

Sydney FC 0 def. by Central Coast Mariners 3 (Urena 53’ , Tsekenis 80’ , 84’)
Sydney FC have put another 90 minutes under their belt in pre-season in preparation for the A-League kick off in a behind closed doors friendly.

Moments That Mattered
REDMAYNE SAVE – 38’ –
Andrew Redmayne makes a great save to deny Storm Roux who lashes a half volley from just inside the box.
MARINERS GOAL – 53’ – Quick counter from Marcus Urena who feeds in Mathew Hatch on the wing. Hatch cuts it back inside for Urena to smash it into the back of the net inside the box.
BIRIGHITTI DOUBLE SAVE – 65’ – Mariners goalkeeper Mark Birighitti does well to deny Adam Le Fondre from close range. The ball falls to Kamsoba who squares it to Burgess who then forces another save from the goalkeeper.
BIRIGHITTI SAVES BRATTAN FREE-KICK - 70' - Birighitti is down brilliantly to save from Brattan's low drilled free-kick.
MARINERS GOAL – 80’ – Another counter attack from the visitors to make it 2-0. An unlucky deflection off Alex Wilkinson puts Damian Tsekenis clean through on goal to put it past Tom Hewerd-Belle.
LE FONDRE GOAL OFFSIDE - 82' - Barbarouses plays a delightful ball to Le Fondre who finishes into the bottom corner but it's disallowed for off-side.
MARINERS GOAL – 84’ – The visitors make it 3-0 after Nisbet cuts it back from the left wing for Tsekenis to tap in.
Max Burgess Goes Past Farrell
Max Burgess goes past Farrell.
Sydney FC have put another solid 90 minutes in the tank after going down to the Central Coast Mariners this afternoon.
After controlling most of the football the Sky Blues were hit on the break and the Mariners took the lead in the second half when a quick counter attack was finished off by Marcus Urena from 10 yards.
Sydney FC continued to dominate and Mark Birighitti was kept busy by pulling off a great double save from Le Fondre and Burgess.
Luke Brattan forced another save from Birighitti with a low, hard free kick which was cleared away.
The Mariners struck again on the counter when Tsekenis found himself one-on-one with Heward-Belle.
Tsekenis grabbed his second moments later after another quick counter attack down the wing found Josh Nisbet who squared the ball for Tsekenis to score again.

ttps://www.sydneyfc.com/news/sydney-fc-defeated-mariners-friendly

Starting XI: Birighitti, Roux, Hall, Rowles, Farrell, Bozanic, Steele, Nkololo, Hatch, Nisbet, Ureña.

Last edited:

pjennings

Anyone watched it?

Picture painted in the Match report is that they were all over us…everywhere but where it matters. Which is a nice reversal of more typical Mariners fortunes over the years, even if true.

This must have been a different game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred