• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2019 Asian Cup

Rowdy

I've noticed for quite sometime now that Luongo ALWAYS plays shit if Tom Rogic plays, because instead of being the 2nd DM .... Luongo tries to push-on & into Rogics position of #10.

I personally think that Luongo HATES that Rogic gets the 'creative' role, and dreams of Ange patting him on the head for scoring 'that goal In the 2015 AC.

He's lost that posi to Tommy and I think Rogic is fully aware of it too, by his body language whenever they play together.

Even in his little pre- recorded interview they played pre-game, he basically said he was pissed he didn't get minutes at either of the last x2 WC's.

Ask yourself .... "In what area of the pitch did Rogic receive most of the balls played to him last nite ?"
Answer: - wide right ..... NOT central !!

That's because Luongo 'pushes' Rogic out there, when he carries the ball forward, which IS NOT Luongos role.

Doing this also left quite the space in front of the backline, where :
- Rogic was having to drop to get 'on the ball'' more often than not
- and Milligan was scrambling out of the backline to try nullify Jordanians in there (Milligan was effectively slipping in between the x2 CB 's when we were playing out, yet many a time Luongo should of been RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM ! but wasn't :-| .... thus Rogic dropping deep.

Luongo's role is to shift the play from left to right, creating width (yeah I know ... that also didn't happen) ... helping Grant/Risdon to link with Mabil - to help both get into forward wide positions to attack.

His other job is to either play to Rogics feet or play him into space on the switch of either side with nice diagonal 15yrd balls.

He failed on all job responsibilities imo.

Rowdy

I honestly can't understand how Kruse KEEPS GETTING to start let alone be on the team sheet.

In saying that, can't believe he plays overseas for that matter.

Rowdy

Luckily for Arnie, Syria drew nill-all against Palestine.

So neither pick up 3pts or goal difference advantage.

Insertnamehere

Just read Mabil having a whinge about the ref. I didn't watch the 2nd half because we played like dogs in the first. But I found the ref to be very fair and probably let the game flow a bit more than I'd expect for an AFC ref. Might have been different in the 2nd but it seems they're looking for excuses rather than have a plan B andC.

yellowcake

Luckily for Arnie, Syria drew nill-all against Palestine.

So neither pick up 3pts or goal difference advantage.
And we lost a group match (and finished second in the group) in 2015 too.

Hopefully... wake-up call, system tweak and every player's A-game will produce something different on Wed.

Big Al

Just read Mabil having a whinge about the ref. I didn't watch the 2nd half because we played like dogs in the first. But I found the ref to be very fair and probably let the game flow a bit more than I'd expect for an AFC ref. Might have been different in the 2nd but it seems they're looking for excuses rather than have a plan B andC.
Agree I went to bed at halftime but probably whinging about the handball

ballantyne

Playing a parked bus like that in the 2nd half, with no height up front, you surely need to play short passes among fast moving players.
You'll get nowhere shelling the centre like that. I think I saw one dangerous 1-2 in the box in that whole half.
Ball at your feet please.

MrCelery

I knew we were in for a long night when I realized Kruse was selected.
As expected, our game lifted by 20% when he was replaced. He again offered nil, zero, nada, nothing.

I'd like to see more of Jackson Irvine. Looks a far more positive dangerous player.

Big Al

Playing a parked bus like that in the 2nd half, with no height up front, you surely need to play short passes among fast moving players.
You'll get nowhere shelling the centre like that. I think I saw one dangerous 1-2 in the box in that whole half.
Ball at your feet please.
Irvine is our best headerer. If playing those crosses he should be the striker. Bloke knows how to score to

pjennings

Agree I went to bed at halftime but probably whinging about the handball
He was - but equally we had a handball let go as well.

The handballs both should have been given or both not given - nothing to complain about if there is consistency.

There was a high foot in the penalty area that nearly took off Maclaren's head though. That was clear cut for me.

possum x

Doesn't second place in the group stages mean we miss playing Japan in the quarters? Is it possible we.....would we have.... nah surely not!!!!

Rowdy

I've noticed for quite sometime now that Luongo ALWAYS plays shit if Tom Rogic plays, because instead of being the 2nd DM .... Luongo tries to push-on & into Rogics position of #10.

I personally think that Luongo HATES that Rogic gets the 'creative' role, and dreams of Ange patting him on the head for scoring 'that goal In the 2015 AC.

He's lost that posi to Tommy and I think Rogic is fully aware of it too, by his body language whenever they play together.

Even in his little pre- recorded interview they played pre-game, he basically said he was pissed he didn't get minutes at either of the last x2 WC's.

Ask yourself .... "In what area of the pitch did Rogic receive most of the balls played to him last nite ?"
Answer: - wide right ..... NOT central !!

That's because Luongo 'pushes' Rogic out there, when he carries the ball forward, which IS NOT Luongos role.

Doing this also left quite the space in front of the backline, where :
- Rogic was having to drop to get 'on the ball'' more often than not
- and Milligan was scrambling out of the backline to try nullify Jordanians in there (Milligan was effectively slipping in between the x2 CB 's when we were playing out, yet many a time Luongo should of been RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM ! but wasn't :-| .... thus Rogic dropping deep.

Luongo's role is to shift the play from left to right, creating width (yeah I know ... that also didn't happen) ... helping Grant/Risdon to link with Mabil - to help both get into forward wide positions to attack.

His other job is to either play to Rogics feet or play him into space on the switch of either side with nice diagonal 15yrd balls.

He failed on all job responsibilities imo.
Massive edit on the above post, mixed up 'who'? actually plays shit.

Should of read:

"Tom Rogic always plays shit whenever Luongo plays alongside him".
(Still Luongo's fault as I posted)
- soz ;)

Last edited:

Rowdy

Daniel Garb did a little piece on how was the only player from the Aust. Squad to be complaining about the Ref, not following the rest of his team mates.

"He's gone rogue on the media protocol's"

marinermick

Massive edit on the above post, mixed up 'who'? actually plays shit.

Should of read:

"Tom Rogic always plays shit whenever Luongo plays alongside him".
(Still Luongo's fault as I posted)
- soz ;)

Or Mooy, or Milligan, or Irvine, or Troisi, or anyone else for that matter

Rowdy

Grant's Mullet needed AFC Approval :
rhyan-grant-socceroos_1seh5t7i66ntd1d5gzmo3btul1.jpg

The questionable haircut nearly needed to be chopped

Socceroos right-back Rhyan Grant needed to get his mullet approved by the AFC before he took to the field at the Asian Cup in the UAE.

The approval was required as a result of the UAE's football association guidelines which ban ‘unusual haircut or colouring’.

Thankfully for Grant, his mullet wasn't deemed offensive - though some Socceroos fans may disagree.

Grant played 45 minutes in Australia's Asian Cup opener against Jordan as he replaced Josh Risdon at half-time.

The Sydney FC defender is a strong chance of starting Friday's game against Palestine with Risdon battling an abdominal injury.

Grant's mullet has come as no surprise to those that know him with the right-back telling Goallast year why he's rocking the longer hair.

"I like to be a little bit different," he said.

"I feel like a lot of soccer players have the same haircut so I didn’t want to fall into that same category.

Rowdy

Yeah, sorry UAE .... FCUK OFF !!

"Grant's playing in the AFC Cup NOT your National League or under any of your Football Association Rules."
- should of been FFA's response to this shit.

What a fcuking joke.

sydmariner

4-2-3-1
Ryan
Behich,Sainsbury,Degenek,Grant
Milligan,Irvine
Ikonomidis,Rogic,Mabil
Maclaren​
Subs
Langerak
Vukovic
Gersbach