• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 AFC Champions League

AuzDutchy

but wasn't he only on a 1 year contract

Hes done nothing but say he wants to stay, loves the coast, loves the club.

The only iffy part will be his contract, be kinda hard to make him marquee when hes barely played for us, not sure what the situation is with victory either.

Pretty safe to assume that both Marcos and The Club will do everything they can to keep him here

eenfish

Sees whether he wants the paycut. We're paying half of his $500k contract. Will he be willing to earn half as much?

AuzDutchy

Seeing as how cash strapped we always are, any players on big money REALLY NEED to perform every week, whats the point in paying 5x as much for a player that isn't 5x better than a young kid from the youth team, or atleast doesn't perform 5x better and 5x more consistently.

Be very interested to see what Kim and Bosnar are on.

Big Al

Flores injury means he is not available not his contract intentions. Rounds start in like 2 weeks & Flores is no where near recovered. Hey he only just did the injury like 2 months ago & aren't ACL's 9-12 month injuries?

Also Flores will be half price next year after his injury. So much doubt about players after severe injuries like that.

bikinigirl

Not 100% sure. Know someone who works at FFA who just said the 50/50 split isn't exactly the case; that's all I know. We may be paying more

. i get the feeling this has been discussed before but, i'll ask again ... 'cos that's what happens when you get to my age:

. where does his salary (all of it) fit within the respective caps?

eenfish

. i get the feeling this has been discussed before but, i'll ask again ... 'cos that's what happens when you get to my age:

. where does his salary (all of it) fit within the respective caps?

He is a regular roster player. Which is why I think his full $500k isn't being paid by us, plus widely reported that Victory are picking up a hunk of his wage bill.

bikinigirl

He is a regular roster player. Which is why I think his full $500k isn't being paid by us, plus widely reported that Victory are picking up a hunk of his wage bill.

. yep, i understand that ... but does the $500k (or whatever it is) come 'off/out-of' our cap ... this would make sense - because the victory can't have a spare $250k in their cap for someone not in the squad and surely the ffa would not allow half of a player's wage to sit outside our cap (regardless of who pays what)

. unless he is actually our marquee in which case it doesn't really matter where the money comes from. siep concerns aside we seem to have far less money in our cap than the victory have in theirs ... so there is something peculiar going on (remember the cap is tv money paid direct to the players)

eenfish

Ah, I see where you're going now bikinigirl. Good points. It does beg to question, even disregarding Milligan and Contreras as marquees, how Victory fit Archie, Troisi, Rogic, Barbarouses, et al under the cap whilst we have no room to move. Me thinks Simon and Bernie would've gotten big fat deals on their returns, perhaps.

kevrenor

2014 AFC Champions League Matchday 1 Information

Central Coast Mariners are currently stationed in Sydney and will depart Australia bound for Korea Republic on Saturday ahead of the Club’s 2014 AFC Champions League matchday 1 meeting with FC Seoul on Tuesday.

Moss said the trip to Korea may well have come at a good time for his men.

“The trip to Korea this week is probably good timing in that we can get away from Australia and we can get into a camp situation all week which allows us to spend a lot more time on the video (analysis),” he said.

The Mariners will travel with 18 players to Korea Republic, with defender Eddy Bosnar and attacker Mile Sterjovski remaining in Australia due to the slight back soreness respectively. Moss doesn’t wish to take any risks with the key duo with so much important football still ahead of the Club this campaign.

Central Coast Mariners Squad vs. FC Seoul: 1. Justin PASFIELD (Gk), 3. Joshua ROSE, 4. Marcel SEIP, 5. Zachary ANDERSON, 6. Brent GRIFFITHS, 7. John HUTCHINSON (C), 8. Nick MONTGOMERY, 9. Mitchell DUKE, 11. Nick FITZGERALD, 12. Liam REDDY (Gk), 15. Storm ROUX, 17. Anthony CACERES, 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Bernie IBINI, 22. Tom SLATER, 26. KIM Seung-yong, 28. Glen TRIFIRO, 29. Matt SIM

2014 AFC Champions League Matchday 1 (Group F) – FC Seoul vs. Central Coast Mariners FC
Tuesday 25 February 2014
Seoul World Cup Stadium, Seoul, Korea Republic
Kick-off: 7:30pm (local); 9:30pm (AEST)
TV: Live on FOX SPORTS
Twitter: Join the match conversation on Twitter! #FCSvCCM

eenfish

How about Griffo instead of Marcy Marc.

Shake the boat up a bit:

GK: Reddy
RB: Roux CBs: Griffo and Ando LB: Sim
DM: Hutch
CMs: Monty and Anthony
Wingers: Kim and Fitz
ST: Bernie

Big Al

Be nice

But squad rotation & the fact they are mostly 1st teamers I expect Simon, Fitzy & Rose all back in. Simon for his size especially.

Happy to go with Griffo though I suspect Sieve will play.

Rose's defence is way better than Sim. Plus Sim's 1st game in a while don't see him backing up especially after the step up in class to A League & then to ACL.

I think we will be
GK: Reddy
Back 4: Storm, Anderson, Sieve, Rose
DM: Monty & Hutch
AM: Kim
LW: Fitzy
RW: Ibini
Lone Ranger: Simon

Duke & Caceras 1st changes bar injury.

Playing away against the best opposition we will play with a heavy defensive midset IMO. Would even be tempted to replace Berni with Trifino just to bolster the midfield presence.

Big Al

What's our strategy?

Give it a crack until 2-0 down?
Treat it as a training run to develop the combinations under intense pressure
The league is more important now we slipping out of the race - So play a weak ACL squad to stay fresh for A League while risking our Asian brand?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred