• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2013/4 Grand Final Discussion

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So even though weren't not in it I assume one or two people are still interested. I expected these 2 teams would wind up in the GF.

Who are you going for?

Personally, I'm going for Roar. While I really, really, really hate Berisha (ten bucks says he scores the winning f****** goal), it's the attitude of way too many of the WSW fans that I can't get past; when you have so many who think they're bigger than the game, having a GF under their belt is about the worst thing that could happen.

VicMariner

I'll be hoping for a Roar win for pretty much the same reason......even though they're Queenslanders.

sydmariner

i hope that the drivebys lose cos they say that we're just a shit team with shit fans so that we can laugh in they're faces & we can tell the rbb:poo: that they're so shit cos they lost 2 gf's in a row:piralaugh:

Atomic

Yes, I'm hoping for a Roar win. You hit the nail on the head Capn Gus. I'm hoping for a really humiliating scoreline too… something like 5-0.

I'm not a berisha fan, but how different would our season have been if he was on our books? :). As for Mulvey, he may be a good coach, but the guy gets under my skin. A bit precious.

Never thought I'd be supporting a Qld team over a NSW team. Just goes to show my distaste from WSW.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The Roar by a rural kilometre...here's to. Berisha, the mad croat, polack..whatever he is, leaving Suncorp with a couple in the score column

sydmariner

:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy: :shoutclap:"they're so shit it's unbeliveabile":shoutclap: :vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

and they claim that we're a shit team with shit fans yet they've lost 2 consecutive grand finals now who's the shit team with shit fans:p

SFL

egagunun.jpg

Big Al

I commend them. That many fans travelling was a fantastic effort that made Football front & back page stuff while NRL took the weekend off to have a snooze.
State of origin football style.

They were the better team until NTS hurt himself & they really suffocated the Roar.

dibo

Covic is pissing and moaning that the ref' was against them, but it's like they're rugby league fans, and work on the basis that a lopsided count is the ref's fault rather than that their team are lacking discipline. FWIW, they fouled the hell out of us as well last week, just that we aren't as good as Brisbane and couldn't get through it.

Still, 28 fouls (to the Mariners' 15) in a match is crazy. They only made 32 yesterday, even with an extra 30 minutes. They 'only' got blown up every 4 minutes rather than every 3 minutes the week before. It's a cynical ploy to simply break up the opposition's rhythm and yesterday it got what it deserved.

Big Al

Covic is pissing and moaning that the ref' was against them, but it's like they're rugby league fans, and work on the basis that a lopsided count is the ref's fault rather than that their team are lacking discipline. FWIW, they fouled the hell out of us as well last week, just that we aren't as good as Brisbane and couldn't get through it.

Still, 28 fouls (to the Mariners' 15) in a match is crazy. They only made 32 yesterday, even with an extra 30 minutes. They 'only' got blown up every 4 minutes rather than every 3 minutes the week before. It's a cynical ploy to simply break up the opposition's rhythm and yesterday it got what it deserved.
& once again the ref didn't bring the cards until later in the game. Hence they slowed the game & made it a slog which is why they were on top.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ah yes, the old notion that the foul count is supposed to be exactly 50-50. I lost count of many times I heard the losing team whinge when I was reffing 'you gave them twice as many fouls as you gave us, ref! What does that tell you?'
'Well, it tells me that your team were twice as fkn dirty!!!'

WSW played like thugs. It was a clear deliberate strategy, and they know aussie refs are too soft to deal with those sorts of tactics. WSW should've had a few more cards, and at least one player sent off (Polensz who kept fouling after being booked for persistent infringement). If anything, WSW benefitted from the refereeing!!! not to mention one of their dives they got a free kick from.

eenfish

My only thing I'd like to say (I didn't watch the game, just enjoyed the shitstorm on twitter) is that the sale of the Wanderers will be a double edged sword. The rest of the league's fans will finally quit with that bullshit that the Wanderers are favoured in every decision by the FFA, and no more "FFAFC". On the other side, I can see the Wanderers fans becoming the biggest "woe is me everyone is against us FFA hate us" moaners in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred